Options
Index
#727168 - 08/09/22 05:18 PM [User Showcase] Groove Moves
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Groove Moves

If you are in the groove you have to move!

This is one of the very few songs that I did not start in BiaB. I was messing around with Scaler and came up with a short chord progression that I transferred to my DAW, Studio One Pro 5.5. I repeated that process a couple of times to get a complete song. I put the chords into BiaB, selected the style, and the rest is history.

BiaB style = East Coast Groove - Funky Boogal
Tempo = 120 PBM

The scaler track = Keys of the 70's - Stage Mark 73
Bass - Ample Bass - YingYang
Piano = UVI Workstation - B5 organ
Guitar - I copied this track 2 more times. I deleted all but one part per track and where there wasn't third part I added one.
First part -Trumpet - Kontakt - Screaming Trumpet
Second part - Swam Trumpet
Third part - Swam Tenor Sax
Strings - Swam Bari Sax
Drums - Steven Slate SSD5 - Funk kit
Hand Claps - UVI Workstation - GM drums - standard kit
Maracas - Kontakt - Maracas
Tambourine - Kontakt - Tambourine

I modified a few tracks to my liking and hopefully yours also.

I am playing the guitar and via my keyboard controller the Swam Alto Sax

I added the Little Plate preset full plate reverb to a few tracks, Waves CDA drums on the drums and cymbals, and Presonus Pro EQ on the master track.

As always I welcome all comments.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#727172 - 08/09/22 06:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Nice!

The set-in of the electric guitar right after the saxophone at 1:00 was unexpected, but it works.

In general, I think you may want to try RealDrums instead of GM/VST(I) drums in a future recording. They will probably sound better, albeit it can sometimes be a little bit hard to find the correct RD. We are still using BIAB 2019. Do they already have a "best chording/fitting" RD in recent versions? If not, that would be a nice feature :-).

Since you are pretty good with a MIDI controller, may I take this opportunity to request a soul/disco instrumental next time? With a trumpet lead (something in the style of Street Player - Chicago)?
(hint, hint: RD Soul70sPercEv16)?

cool

Rob

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

#727175 - 08/09/22 06:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: RnAM]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Nice!

The set-in of the electric guitar right after the saxophone at 1:00 was unexpected, but it works.

In general, I think you may want to try RealDrums instead of GM/VST(I) drums in a future recording. They will probably sound better, albeit it can sometimes be a little bit hard to find the correct RD. We are still using BIAB 2019. Do they already have a "best chording/fitting" RD in recent versions? If not, that would be a nice feature :-).

Since you are pretty good with a MIDI controller, may I take this opportunity to request a soul/disco instrumental next time? With a trumpet lead (something in the style of Street Player - Chicago)?
(hint, hint: RD Soul70sPercEv16)?

cool

Rob

Thanx so much for listening and commenting. The drums were not GM drums. They were Steven Slate's SSD 5 drums. The only GM sound was the hand clap.

I prefer MIDI drums because MIDI does an excellent job emulating drums, using of course a good sound source, and the fact that I can easily modify any drum or cymbal part. I can not easily do that with RDs. However I do not knock RDs or RTs as many put them to excellent use and in fact I will occasionally use them myself.

No promises but I will give it a try when time permits. Right now I have a lot going on.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#727230 - 08/10/22 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
Mario,

Man does that guitar sound good when it comes in! I love the whole track! I like it when you switch gears like this and throw in something upbeat as opposed to a lot of the dreamy ethereal material you post, which by the way is always excellent! Keep on rockin'

Thanks, Torrey

#727247 - 08/10/22 09:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: California
Brad Williams Offline
Journeyman

Loc: California
Cool sound Mario, and great guitar work. Loved the production with all the instruments you used and how you used them.

#727252 - 08/10/22 10:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Mario,

What a great sound! Love the production and the guitar with the tracks sounds awesome.

Bob

#727339 - 08/11/22 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Mario,

Well done.
Cool guitar sound.

Always love those Ample Sound basses!

Good mix.

A good listen.

fj

#727343 - 08/11/22 11:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Illinois, USA
firesong Online   content
Expert

Loc: Illinois, USA
Mario...another great tune my friend...I agree with Torrey and like it when you go up-tempo...there's a lot going on here and it's all good!

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.

#727349 - 08/11/22 12:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: Torrey Bliss]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario,

Man does that guitar sound good when it comes in! I love the whole track! I like it when you switch gears like this and throw in something upbeat as opposed to a lot of the dreamy ethereal material you post, which by the way is always excellent! Keep on rockin'

Thanks, Torrey

Torrey, thanx so much for this kind review. A Windows update made a mess of my AmpliTube guitar sim so I had to use an older different amp sim. I thought it came out OK also. Thanx for noticing.

#727350 - 08/11/22 12:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: Brad Williams]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Cool sound Mario, and great guitar work. Loved the production with all the instruments you used and how you used them.

Thanx Brad for listening and commenting. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Mario,

What a great sound! Love the production and the guitar with the tracks sounds awesome.

Bob

Thanx so much Bob.

#727351 - 08/11/22 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: floyd jane]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

Well done.
Cool guitar sound.

Always love those Ample Sound basses!

Good mix.

A good listen.

fj

Thanx Floyd. Those Ample Basses was the only thing that I have ever won, other than the wife of course, and they are awesome.

#727352 - 08/11/22 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: firesong]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: firesong
Mario...another great tune my friend...I agree with Torrey and like it when you go up-tempo...there's a lot going on here and it's all good!

Thanx Dan. I took some Geritol that morning so I could speed up a little grin

I may try that again wink

#727396 - 08/12/22 04:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very nice, Mario, good groove. I especially like your guitar work on this one, good tone and chops. Sax is cool too of course!

#727583 - 08/13/22 01:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
There's a lot to love here with the all around excellent performances by you and the production.

However, the most positive comment I can offer is that Janice said, "it gives me happy feet!"

Trust me (Bud) that says it all!

J&B

#727600 - 08/13/22 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: BlueAttitude]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very nice, Mario, good groove. I especially like your guitar work on this one, good tone and chops. Sax is cool too of course!

Thanx so much for those guitar chop accolades. Coming from a guitarist as good as you are that is a great honor.

#727601 - 08/13/22 04:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: Janice & Bud]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
There's a lot to love here with the all around excellent performances by you and the production.

However, the most positive comment I can offer is that Janice said, "it gives me happy feet!"

Trust me (Bud) that says it all!

J&B

Thanx J&B. A wife with "happy feet" is a very good thing!

#727612 - 08/14/22 02:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
PROJECT M Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
Hi Mario
The song grooves really good
Your guitar sounds great
Very good background track
well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

#727648 - 08/14/22 09:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Pleasant chord progression with lots of melancholy, little bit upbeat at one part, some fusion feeling with the guitar and then ending with a major chord. The introduction of the electric guitar is very nice, like Santana joining the band and the crowd cheering. The brass instruments support the groove effectively.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#727654 - 08/14/22 10:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: MarioD]
Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
chulaivet1966 Offline
Expert

Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
Howdy Mario....

I agree with previous posts.

Cool, smooth, easy listening groove.
Makes me want to have a stiff G&T while watching the waves and the birds. smile

Well done!

#727674 - 08/14/22 03:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Groove Moves [Re: PROJECT M]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Mario
The song grooves really good
Your guitar sounds great
Very good background track
well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanx Andi for your very nice comments.

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Pleasant chord progression with lots of melancholy, little bit upbeat at one part, some fusion feeling with the guitar and then ending with a major chord. The introduction of the electric guitar is very nice, like Santana joining the band and the crowd cheering. The brass instruments support the groove effectively.

Janne

Thanx so much Janne for this wonderful review.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36558 Members
64 Forums
75762 Topics
667709 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
smithpick, jamit, UnconfuseU, yesiyens, banjojeff

36558 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 158
MarioD 92