You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#721373 - 06/17/22 05:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)] After upgrade to BIAB 2022, the AU plugin in Logic Pro would not open existing SGU files
Huy Offline

All was working fine with BIAB 2021 (Mac Monterey) but after the upgrade to 2022 I can't open SGU files in the AU DAW plugin anymore.
What I did in Logic:
- Create new software instrument track
- Change the instrument to BIAB DAW AU Plugin > Stereo
- In the BIAB plugin interface, I could see at the bottom the status says:
- Initializing BIAB engine
- and then BIAB DAW Plugin 2022 v4.6.7
- the spinner never stops spinning
- File > Open > Select SGU file
- either nothing happens
- or it says loading the file but got stuck there

Tested with both SGU created with BIAB 2021 and BIAB 2022, same thing happens.

Please help.

#721883 - 06/22/22 02:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)] Re: After upgrade to BIAB 2022, the AU plugin in Logic Pro would not open existing SGU files [Re: Huy]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hi Huy and welcome to the forums!

What version of Logic are you using, and are you running an Intel system or an M1/M2 system?

#722424 - 06/27/22 02:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)] Re: After upgrade to BIAB 2022, the AU plugin in Logic Pro would not open existing SGU files [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Stephan327 Offline
Enthusiast

When I select the real track (set 399) I hit ok and no real tracks show in the tracks list. I have BB installed to the main drive on my MAC.

Any thoughts?

#722502 - 06/28/22 10:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)] Re: After upgrade to BIAB 2022, the AU plugin in Logic Pro would not open existing SGU files [Re: Huy]
Chantelle - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hello, in addition to the requested info by Simon, please try opening the Style Picker in the plugin version and click the Rebuild button; do a fast rebuild. If it is an issue with the plugin loading the RealTracks or Style that are in the song file then this could help. Please keep us posted!

#727638 - 08/14/22 09:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)] Re: After upgrade to BIAB 2022, the AU plugin in Logic Pro would not open existing SGU files [Re: Huy]
Loc: Minnesota
TDay Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I just bought and installed BIAB on my Mac (Mac Pro 5.1, OSX 10.13.6, Logic 10.4.8). I can run the stand-alone program fine, but the plug-in is non-responsive. I can pick BIAB as an instrument, but when I try to use the plug-in it refuses to accept any style changes (it will play them in the Picker, it just won't change from the defaul style) and there is no output.

#727726 - 08/15/22 12:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST/AU and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Mac)] Re: After upgrade to BIAB 2022, the AU plugin in Logic Pro would not open existing SGU files [Re: Huy]
Adar - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Thank you for the feedback Huy, it sounds like you may have more than one instance of BBM4 running in the background. BBM4 is the BIAB engine that the plugin uses to perform most tasks. The way to fix this is to open an app in Applications/Utilities/ called "Activity Monitor". Then find the process called "BBM4" and double click it to open a window with an option to quit. Make sure to do this when the plugin and DAW are not running. If after following these steps, you open an instance of the plugin and it continues to spin endlessly, you could also try to click on the 'File' button on the top left of the plugin and select 'New'. This should close any running instances of the BIAB engine if the spinning wheel is stuck. Let me know if you are still having issues.

Hi TDay, it seems like your issue is quite different from what Huy described and therefore it would be better if you created a new forum topic describing in detail what you are experiencing. This way we can respond to your issue directly without having to answer multiple unrelated questions. Can you provide the exact steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? Style changes do not currently work in the plugin but we are working on fixing this for the future. If you are able to load the plugin and open the style picker than it sounds like the plugin is responding as expected. Are you able to load a style and generate tracks? Please create a new forum topic for your response with a title that accurately describes your reported issue. Thank you for your feedback!

PG Music News
It's Time To Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows? Pop over to our support page and download your free update today! We've added new and improved RealTracks content (for your existing RealTracks) and many other enhancements requested by program users, and included the latest DAW Plugin with updated render settings, the ability to exclude tracks from MCC, and more! While you're there, don't forget to update your RealBand 2022!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac users will want to download their update too! It includes additional support for audio interfaces for recording audio, a filter for the RealDrums picker for showing RealDrums with Drum stems, adds the newest DAW Plugin, and addresses many user suggestions.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Build 926.

Learn more and download Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Build 609.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! (October 10)

Monday, October 10th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PDT

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 11th.

Update Your RealBand 2022 Today!

With RealBand 2022 Build 5, dragging a section of audio now updates the From/Thru display, keyboard shortcuts have been added to the Tracks & Audio Edit Windows, you can save MIDI tracks to a Utility Track with an MGU or SGU file, and more!

Read the full list of RealBand 2022 updates and download now.

The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Forum Stats
36572 Members
64 Forums
75818 Topics
668271 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Basobokwe124, Alpramir, Saxonole, raxofov, daniolmu

36572 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 148
TuneMonger 88