Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Veteran
Veteran
Henry, you are a great ambassador to PG Music.

I definitely appreciate your excellent contributions. Thanks again. Fantastic effort.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Enjoyed your latest tutorial Mr. Henry. Very thorough and concise.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! This is great Henry. Just what I needed, just when I needed it.

Just so I understand, you're using Cakewalk, could I also use RealBand or Reaper and follow the same steps?

Thanks so much!

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Veteran
Veteran
Good video but he lost me at the start.
Where did the MIDI file come from? I know from his hard drive but how was it created?

What are the steps in creating a MIDI file from a popular song like Too Late To Turn Back Now?

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Where did the MIDI file come from?

A lot are available on the 'Net. Try searching "midi files" or "free midi files".
The quality is quite variable, of course.

search "midi files" "Too Late To Turn Back Now"
gets hits for that specific song.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
There are two instances of the MIDI file brought into Mr. Henry's BIAB project.

The first instance, the key signature, tempo, a midi Style and all 16 channels are opened onto the Melody Track. The MIDI file needs to be opened onto the Melody Track in order to populate the Chord Chart.

A second instance of the MIDI file is dragged into the Chord Chart and each MIDI channel of the MIDI file is loaded into a discreet Utility Track that will load that channels MIDI data and patches.

This can be demonstrated by dragging a MIDI file onto the Chord Chart and either muting the Melody Track and the other six Legacy Tracks or Muting the Style. You can even mute the Style and the Melody Track that contains the 16 Channels. Either way, the MIDI data on the various Utility Tracks will play and sound exactly the same as if the Melody Track is played.

So, as Mr. Henry demonstrated, the RealStyle and RealTracks play the Chord Sheet in conjunction with the MIDI data of the Utility Tracks.

Charlie

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2022-08-22 210604.jpg (285.86 KB, 252 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/23/22 07:03 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Henry's presentation is deceptively simple because this workflow is not actually doing what many would think it is. BIAB is not playing any of the midi from the midi file! What is happening here is BIAB is interpretting the midi file and coverting it to the Chord chart. Then he inserts several RTs into the slots and they play over the chords. All the original midi is muted. The only need for the midi file is to avoid the typing.

Kind of like a magic trick. Pretty simple once you know how to do it. But a good trick non the less.

First of all I would never write a comment like this. It's just flat out disrespectful. Also it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about !! There's no deception or trickery here. Have you ever tried it? Do you really think that a "RealTrack" is going to play that string line? That's why I don't post a lot in the forum. I find it pointless because all the "experts" like you who have no clue.

Last edited by Henry Clarke; 08/22/22 05:04 PM.
H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Wow! This is great Henry. Just what I needed, just when I needed it.

Just so I understand, you're using Cakewalk, could I also use RealBand or Reaper and follow the same steps?

Thanks so much!

Jeff

I don't use RealBand or Reaper but I would guess that if the DAW integration tool works it would be the same process.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Henry, I enjoy your videos. Thank you for the time and effort you put into each one.

And, btw, I use the technique you demo'ed. Only difference is I use Studio One.

...Deb

Last edited by DebMurphy; 08/23/22 12:08 AM.
Expert
Expert
FWIW, I don't believe MusicStudent was accusing you of deception or trickery, or was intending to be disrespectful. I think it was more a recognition of how you have understood and explained a 'trick' within BiaB. I do agree that he misunderstood a part of the explanation, though.

I have always found your videos useful and helpful, and often commend them to people as an alternative view to PGM's own videos. In a great many ways, I prefer yours to theirs.

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Henry! Always enjoyed your videos and have learned much from them. I like your style of presentation and the results are always enjoyable.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke

First of all I would never write a comment like this.

Apparently you missunderstood my comment. No disrespect intended. Likely I choose my words unclearly.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

L
Expert
Expert
L
So how do the real tracks follow the midi tracks? I get that we can now split the midi tracks onto 16 channels as per some of the older midi players. Am I right in thinking that the real tracks follow the chord charts that Band in a Box creates from the midi tracks? I was kind of blown away by the midi tracks adjusting to the new BIAB style. Thanks regardless.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I was kind of blown away by the midi tracks adjusting to the new BIAB style.

Its magic. Thank you Lambada, you confirmed my earlier comment. Now some expert can come along and explain this point to us all. smirk

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H

Apparently you missunderstood my comment. No disrespect intended. Likely I choose my words unclearly.

If you were really straight up you would acknowledge that you're wrong. The video shows MIDI tracks and RealTracks playing simultaneously. Also I have more than one song on my channel where I use both RealTracks and MIDI tracks.

Veteran
Veteran
Henry, can you explain to Lamdaba how the midi tracks adjust to the new BIAB style.

And regarding...
Quote:
Also I have more than one song on my channel where I use both RealTracks and MIDI tracks.

I do the same thing, all the time. For years.... - This just confirms you misunderstood my comment.

H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Originally Posted By: DebMurphy
Henry, I enjoy your videos. Thank you for the time and effort you put into each one.

And, btw, I use the technique you demo'ed. Only difference is I use Studio One.

...Deb

Thanks, Glad it works for you.

H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
FWIW, I don't believe MusicStudent was accusing you of deception or trickery, or was intending to be disrespectful. I think it was more a recognition of how you have understood and explained a 'trick' within BiaB. I do agree that he misunderstood a part of the explanation, though.

I have always found your videos useful and helpful, and often commend them to people as an alternative view to PGM's own videos. In a great many ways, I prefer yours to theirs.

Thanks, I'm glad the videos are helpful.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<< So how do the real tracks follow the midi tracks? >>
They don't.

<< Am I right in thinking that the real tracks follow the chord charts that Band in a Box creates from the midi tracks? >>
Yes. That's correct.

<< I was kind of blown away by the midi tracks adjusting to the new BIAB style. >>

They don't adjust to the new BIAB style.

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Charlie, I am determined to remain completely respectful in all my communications. And I have respect for the effort and music that Henry posted.

Your answers above were exactly the points I was trying to make. I apparently did not do a good job in communicating this.

I have a long history of working with midi and RTs in BIAB and have fallen into likely every pitfall there is, including those I made myself. In my defense I can only say I may be a little over sensitive to this topic. I percieved that some of the details were being missed in Henry's video. However, I admit, no one asked my opinion and I should have just kept my mouth shut. I deleted my orignal post. Live and learn.

Dan

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I agree it was likely a misunderstanding of words rather than intent. I consider you one of the top midi experts here on the forum and recall your tutorial regarding using midi channel 5 to communicate with a TC Helicon. You have a lot of knowledge to offer everyone on the forum.

Charlie

Veteran
Veteran

Take care MusicStudent,
I read your comments and you made a fair point - the HOW wasn't obvious, the magic of the software across platforms is "deceptive". Henry is very prickly, with a perceived slight or even the vaguest whiff of criticism seeing him become irate.
"First of all I would never write a comment like this. It's just flat out disrespectful. Also it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about!!" NEVER seems to have a short life or H.C. has a skewed/myopic interpretation of unkindness.

"Disrespect" is a powerful and much misused word. Then again I'm prickly about the assumption that respect is automatic and doesn't require being earnt. Whilst I agree that a modicum of sensitivity is due all folk in the 1st instance, this cannot be advanced until folk demonstrate they give and earn "respect".

Henry has a great in depth understanding & practice with BIAB, he's very enthusiastic which is a fine selling point. When most folk are "in the zone" they move at their own pace and make unconscious assumptions about others' knowledge & experience. Folk who don't are usually trained teachers of some sort or other. I suspect a review by other heads, during editing and before publishing, is something we should all employ.

Last edited by rayc; 08/23/22 04:56 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: rayc
[quote=MusicStudent] a perceived slight or even the vaguest whiff of criticism

One of the difficulties is that old one of communication being 2/3 visual and text not showing the visual parts. It's alarmingly easy for the reader to perceive a different meaning to that intended by the writer. Even with a smiley emoticon, sometimes the emoticon is just seen as a 'false smile'.

I doubt there are any of us who don't see Henry's videos as a great contribution to BiaB.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Getting back on point of the tutorial,

<< I read your comments and you made a fair point - the HOW wasn't obvious, the magic of the software across platforms is "deceptive" >>

'How' was explained step by step in the tutorial... Open midi - import the same midi file... How to do that was explained. Can we discuss your point to what is ambiguous to the instructions of 'how' to open and then import the same midi file?

Veteran
Veteran
OK, you almost got me going again. I actually did have a sincere and valid point I wanted to make regarding the video. But I am still stinging from my rebute, so I won't be contributing to this topic again. It was never meant as a personnal attack and should not have turned into one. No emoticon.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
OK, you almost got me going again. I actually did have a sincere and valid point I wanted to make regarding the video. But I am still stinging from my rebute, so I won't be contributing to this topic again. It was never meant as a personnal attack and should not have turned into one. No emoticon.

You have every right and can benefit the forum by sharing your insight. Previous comments have been off-topic and violates Forum Rules. That said, this is an interesting topic and there are valid technical questions that solutions can be shared. Including your understanding and experience.

Charlie

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Getting back on point of the tutorial,

<< I read your comments and you made a fair point - the HOW wasn't obvious, the magic of the software across platforms is "deceptive" >>

'How' was explained step by step in the tutorial... Open midi - import the same midi file... How to do that was explained. Can we discuss your point to what is ambiguous to the instructions of 'how' to open and then import the same midi file?

I was, referring to the acquisition of a MIDI file of a song in the how, that was addressed in subsequent comments but not in the video. Finding a decent arrangement of the song in a MIDI track is a far longer process that isn't addressed. The reason and matching of playing the Latinesque Real Tracks over the MIDI isn't explained etc. There's a lot left as assumed knowledge mate, a lot.
If that's all you have to make issue with Charlie then I'm fine with my comment.

Last edited by rayc; 08/24/22 04:29 PM.

Cheers
rayc
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I'm fine with your comment. In fact, I'm glad that you made it. Thanks for responding.

I think this tutorial is an alternative to a tutorial Mr. Henry made back in January that a subsequent BIAB upgrade corrupted the process he demonstrated in that earlier tutorial. There were two issues with the earlier tutorial, first, there's a bug that caused the midi data to both copy to utility tracks by midi channel and remain on the Melody Track and that caused moving/copying midi to fail. Second, His earlier tutorial moved the Midi channels one at a time from the Melody Track to individual Utility Tracks which was time consuming. This tutorial introduced a faster, more efficient method and also bypasses the bug. The end result of both tutorials was a mixture of midi and RealTracks. He did mention he was responding to many emails he received in regard to both the earlier tutorial and the published version of the song that was released prior to him making this tutorial.

Veteran
Veteran
I watched the earlier video, I'm no fool - I know there're things H.C. can offer, and learnt about the midi splitting thing which seems to be one of the aspects that was a problem, if I recall correctly. I was pleased to learn that piece of info even if it may be only temporarily useful.

Last edited by rayc; 08/24/22 11:25 PM.

Cheers
rayc
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: rayc
I watched the earlier video, I'm no fool - I know there're things H.C. can offer, and learnt about the midi splitting thing which seems to be one of the aspects that was a problem, if I recall correctly. I was pleased to learn that piece of info even if it may be only temporarily useful.

I agree. It's a bit surprising there's been no questions to why two instances of the midi file were used in the project. It's due to how BIAB addresses differently opening a midi file to how BIAB addresses importing a midi file.

Opening a midi file automatically loads all the midi file channels onto the Melody Track and assigns sequencer. Opening a midi file also automatically analyzes the chords and populates the Chord Chart. Opening populates the title, disables the BIAB current style, sets the start/end bars, sets the key signature and tempo.

Importing a midi file separates the midi channels and loads each of the song's channels onto individual utility Tracks. Importing a midi does not do any of the tasks that the Opening process does. So in the tutorial technique demonstrated in this video, a midi file must be opened first and then imported to work because only importing offers the option to select whether to import into the current project or start a new project.

Veteran
Veteran
Did we lose focus?

The title is "Productive 10min with Henry Clark".

There was never a suggestion that this was going to be an in-depth training session, covering every minute aspect of BiaB music production, sourcing MIDI data or more. It was always meant to be what could be delivered in 10 minutes. Henry did exactly that.

And he didn't post it here to be critiqued or praised by us. He posted it on YouTube. And for all his efforts, he got jumped on, here.

Of course there would have had to be some assumptions made in the presentation that might require additional detail and analysis. The guy only demonstrated what he could show in 10 minutes.

Does anybody here really think that every possible detail of creating a complex and detailed cover could be provided in intimate detail in 10 minutes? Can anyone prove that this would be achievable?

Further discussion to request clarification of the methods would be far better than criticism because some part of the YouTube video wasn't obvious.

No confrontation intended. Let's please all take a reality check.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Did we lose focus?

The title is "Productive 10min with Henry Clark".

There was never a suggestion that this was going to be an in-depth training session, covering every minute aspect of BiaB music production, sourcing MIDI data or more. It was always meant to be what could be delivered in 10 minutes. Henry did exactly that.

And he didn't post it here to be critiqued or praised by us. He posted it on YouTube. And for all his efforts, he got jumped on, here.

Of course there would have had to be some assumptions made in the presentation that might require additional detail and analysis. The guy only demonstrated what he could show in 10 minutes.

Does anybody here really think that every possible detail of creating a complex and detailed cover could be provided in intimate detail in 10 minutes? Can anyone prove that this would be achievable?

Further discussion to request clarification of the methods would be far better than criticism because some part of the YouTube video wasn't obvious.

No confrontation intended. Let's please all take a reality check.

Thanks "AudioTrack" for the kind explanation. I have since shut down the BIAB Tutorial portion of my channel. I had been contemplating this for a while because maintaining the channel had turned into a job (and I didn't want a job :-). However I have to be candid in that this last fiasco accelerated that decision so as of today all tutorials are no longer available to the public. Thanks again. Sincerely Henry

Expert
Expert
Henry,

I often direct people to you videos rather than PGM's videos, because you present tasks in ways that are easy to understand and don't show all the minutiae and variations that PGM's videos have done, though they're improving that, I think.

A ten minute "how to do this" video was always going to leave stuff unclarified. If it hadn't, it would have been neither ten minutes, nor straight to the point.

IMHO, most of the observations in this thread have been just that -- observations -- not intended as criticisms.

I fully appreciate the "it's become a job" problem as I've been there many times.

I'll ask and hope you agree ... please restore the videos .. they are excellent and valued tutorials that I'm certain help many. And please, rather than quitting now, take a nice long sabbatical and think about that afterwards.

We really do very much appreciate what you've done and I'm absolutely certain that I'm not alone in feeling that. Thank you.

Gordon.

Veteran
Veteran
Now nobody, including existing members, and newcomers, or anyone even outside of this forum including people searching for ideas on YouTube has a chance to experience the skill or the effort or can learn anything at all from that tutorial.

Let's reflect on how far we progressed and what was achieved: We started with something (not here but on a YouTube video), and some participants needed to contribute a lot of anti-sentiment, and, well, now we've all got nothing.

Great. Really, just great.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2022-08-26_1-16-32.jpg (14.85 KB, 165 downloads)

Journeyman
Journeyman
Bummer. I watch the videos.

...Deb

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Agree, the videos are helpful. Hopefully Henry will reconsider and re-instate them online for all to see and enjoy.

Pt.1 of my biog: https://amzn.to/34tgVn1
Veteran
Veteran
Ah, the Autobahn...such a grand achievement...we should hail the administration that built it!

Look, it is decent video, & it has some issues, these were pointed out BUT Henry doesn't like any dissent from assumed omnipotence so, after insulting someone, he bit off his own nose to spite everyone's faces.
Henry posted another video about BIAB some time back and I congratulated him on it but made some suggestions about the editing & script to make it even better...he became very upset and resorted to insults as is his way.

Cheers
rayc
Veteran
Veteran
Henry! Seriously??? I was planning to spend some time this weekend going through this video. I found it very interesting and could steer me in some new directions. Please consider allowing access again to us user wanting to acquire some new skills and try new directions. Would greatly appreciate it.

Jeff

H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
ALL TUTORIALS have been restored. I'll be taking a break for a while so I may not be very responsive to comments and questions but hopefully you will enjoy the tutorials and gain some practical knowledge. I will say that anything in my Tutorials are based on the way "I" do things. Of course there are always alternatives and if my Tutorials do not work for you that's ok. No harm done. You can always change the channel LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCeNXkH3SoQDSiv7LDkpmyA

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Henry
There will be a lot of people who will be very, very appreciative. That I'm sure.

Expert
Expert
Thank you so much Henry.

Now take that break. Go get some peace and unwind. Come back only if/when you're ready.

I'm absolutely certain you work very hard on those videos, you deserve a break. I know just how much stress there can be producing this stuff and answering questions. I follow an unrelated channel and calculated that the producer of it spends an average of an hour working on each minute of his videos. It's hard work.

What we all too easily forget is just how much of the iceberg we can't see.

I had a friend years ago who had a notice on her desk that read:

"After the rush is over I'm going to have a breakdown. I've worked for it, I deserve it, and nobody but nobody, is going to deprive me of it."

Don't risk a breakdown.

Veteran
Veteran
ALL TUTORIALS have been restored. I'll be taking a break for a while so I may not be very responsive to comments and questions but hopefully you will enjoy the tutorials and gain some practical knowledge. I will say that anything in my Tutorials are based on the way "I" do things. Of course there are always alternatives and if my Tutorials do not work for you that's ok. No harm done. You can always change the channel LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCeNXkH3SoQDSiv7LDkpmyA

Cool.

Cheers
rayc
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks so much Henry!

Jeff

Apprentice
Apprentice
I just landed on this thread. It seems the 10 minutes video on YouTube is no longer available.

Can someone please update this thread by describing the step by step with texts and screenshots?

I assume this video is about first open a MIDI, let BiaB figure out the chords, then insert the same MIDI to existing MGU, so MIDI and RealTracks can be played together?

How to do that? What's the purpose?

A Canadian music producer, singer songwriter, composer, and professional guitarist.
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
I just landed on this thread. It seems the 10 minutes video on YouTube is no longer available.

Can someone please update this thread by describing the step by step with texts and screenshots?

I assume this video is about first open a MIDI, let BiaB figure out the chords, then insert the same MIDI to existing MGU, so MIDI and RealTracks can be played together?

How to do that? What's the purpose?

Yes, that's the basic concept. It's a way to create realistic cover songs combining a midi file and RealTracks. The midi channels are separated out from the Melody Track onto Utility Tracks so better synth sounds can be used to replace the default GM sound patches. If the default GM synth sounds are ok, there's no necessity to import and separate the Midi channels, use the Sequencer that's built into BIAB and mute unwanted Midi channels.

Here's a song I did years ago using this method.

Listen to the Music

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,639
Posts735,352
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.