Print Thread
Go To
#730140 09/02/22 09:51 AM
Beginners Forum
D
DanHart Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm new to BIAB though I did have it several years ago. It has progressed a lot since I had it.
I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee to someone to spend a couple of hours with me - zoom - to get me up and running quickly. anyone interested? I have a Mac version

DanHart #730142 09/02/22 10:01 AM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi DanHart, and welcome to the forum. Interestingly there is another similar request and it's on the forum where I think you will get better attention, for Mac users. Because there are some differences between the Mac and Windows version, and the setup is different, I think you should post there: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=39&page=1

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Beginners Forum
D
DanHart Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Matt

thanks for your reply. I took your suggestion. We'll see. I'm in the NY Hudson valley - Putnam County. and I spend time each summer near Lake George - 4th Lake which is near Lake Luzerne / Hadley. I'm going up to Glens Falls this week. Any chance you could help me with BIAB?

Dan. 914 329 3819. in case you care to chat!!!

DanHart #730205 09/02/22 03:29 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Dan, you may find the +++ Groove3 +++ video tutorial interesting. The series uses 2014 Band-in-a-Box for Mac but everything covers 2022 Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

BIAB 2014 for Mac Explained

Music studio master Eli Krantzberg brings you a series all about the awesome PG Music Band-in-a-Box accompaniment software suite! Get up and running fast and start making ultra-realistic backing tracks easily for your songs today!

Terminology (05:00) - Learn abut the various components BIAB uses to generate accompaniments in various musical styles.

MIDI Setup (05:56) - BIAB sends MIDI output to either the computer's built in synthesizer, or to physical or virtual MIDI devices outside the program. Learn where to set the destination ports, channels, and playback parameters for each of the BIAB instruments.

Main Screen Overview (09:08) - See how the six main sections of the Man Screen are used to to set and control various BIAB parameters and sounds.

Loading & Playing Songs (08:20) - Explore the various ways of loading in songs and controlling playback with both the mouse and keyboard shortcuts.
Creating Songs

Starting a New Song (06:04) - See how to clear the chordsheet, name the new song, set the key signature and tempo, and how to set up key signature or tempo changes at specific bars.

Framing the Song (03:12) - Learn how to designate a desired number of bars as an introduction, and then set which part of the song BIAB will repeat, and how many times it will repeat it.

Entering & Displaying Chords (07:18) - Learn how to type in chords using various short cuts, and how to control the background color and display of chords in the chord sheet.

Alternate Chord Entry (08:10) - Discover four other methods to get chords into BIAB. Using a MIDI controller, using the ChordBuilder window, using the MIDI Chord Wizard, and finally with the Audio Chord Wizard.

Rests, Shots & Holds (04:48) - Learn how to type instructions in the Chordsheet to have either all or some of instruments rest, or play shots, or hold chords, at any position in the song.

Pushes (02:16) - Learn now to type instructions in the Chordsheet to create anticipations and have chords play either and eighth note or sixteenth note in advance of their indicated position.

Chord Settings Dialog (05:26) - See how this dialog box is used for alternate entry or editing of pushes, rests, shots, and holds.

Auto Generated Intros (03:24) - See how introductions are generated automatically by BIAB based on customized instructions.

Part Markers & SubStyles (05:21) - See how Part Markers are placed on the ChordSheet to indicate new sections of a song, change substyles, and generate drum fills.

Song Settings (08:04) - Explore various ways to turn your song into an arrangement, including controlling rests, pushes, shots, and holds separately in first, last, and middle choruses, the use of tags, endings, fade-outs, and more.

Song Form Maker (02:45) - See how the Song Form Maker function is used to define sections of a song, and then rearrange the song by typing the form you want.
Editing the Chordsheet (07:43) - Learn how to insert, delete, copy, paste, move, shrink, expand, unfold, and alter chords, melodies, soloists, and rests, once they have already been created.

Working With Styles (05:40) - Learn about Built-In styles, User MIDI styles, Real Styles, Style Aliases, as well as auditioning and replacing styles.

StylePicker - Prototype & Columns (05:45) - Discover the inner working of the StylePicker window; how to set the default prototype style and how to decode the column heading symbols used to identify various qualities of each style.

StylePicker Filters (04:29) - Discover how to search for styles by keyword, and how to use the Filter window to search styles based on multiple criteria simultaneously.

StylePicker General Functions (04:40) - Explore additional StylePicker functions and how they are used in conjunction with the currently loaded song.

MultiStyles, Style Aliases & Forced Styles (05:07) - Discover some style management workflows that allow adding substyles to existing styles, replacing existing styles with aliases, and forcing BIAB to keep a style loaded in memory when loading new songs.

MIDI SuperTracks (03:34) - MIDI SuperTracks are based on performances of live musicians instead of patterns. See how to change MIDI tracks in an existing style to MIDI SuperTracks, as well as how to access them directly from the StylePicker.

RealTracks (07:46) - Learn how to work with the RealTracks picker, and how the various RealTracks settings affect their usage.

Bar Settings (03:43) - See how to change RealTracks, styles, meter, and more, at specific locations within your song.

Editing & Creating Styles (03:31) - Learn how to use the Patch button in the StyleMaker window to edit a current style of assemble a custom group of RealTracks and settings to form a new Style.
Working With Tracks

Track & Thru Settings (08:07) - Learn about freezing tracks, sliding them in time, offsetting sound shaping parameters together with the Combo slider, and playing the thru track in real time with and without auto generated harmonies using either a MIDI or a QWERTY keyboard.

Melodies & Solos (07:30) - See how to record melodies, how to have BIAB generate harmonies; and how to generate solos based on various criteria and choices.

The Melodist (05:37) - Learn how to use BIAB to generate either partial or complete original songs either including or excluding melodies, chords, solos, intro, and style changes.

Notation Basics (04:56) - Explore some of basic BIAB notation functions, including selecting tracks to display, switching between the three different notation views, editing notes, velocities, and durations, switching to lead sheet view, and working with lyrics.

Band Outside the Box (06:38) - Discover various ways of getting your tracks and performances out of BIAB and as either audio or MIDI files. And see how the new DAW Plug-in mode is used to easily and quickly transfer individual or combined tracks into your DAW of choice.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
DanHart #730218 09/02/22 05:22 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Great references, Jim.

Dan, what a coincidence. I live in northern Dutchess. Just came down today. I should be back on Lake George Tuesday. Sure, I know 4th Lake.

I’m probably not your guy for the Mac version. I’ve used it but do not claim to know Mac OS. I am pretty good with BIAB in general, but on Windows.

There’s a very accomplished user in Southeast Dutchess who I think uses a Mac. Are you close to there? I’ll see if he is receptive to giving you some guidance. I just wrote to him.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
DanHart #730381 09/04/22 04:20 AM
Beginners Forum
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: DanHart

I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee to someone to spend a couple of hours with me - zoom - to get me up and running quickly. I have a Mac version

i think it would be helpful if you shared what you expect to be able to accomplish with BIAB after the time spent with someone helping you

information about the mac and it's operating system as well as what other equipment you expect to be using in your music production will also be helpful to the person helping you

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,636
Posts735,315
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182