Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Gordon and App.

METHOD A.

Not trying to be a 'smarty but MIDI SUCCESS gordon.

steps…(its fiddly)..NOTE not a audio clik…midi clik cow bell triggering pg sfz plug in.

1..outside of bb i created same midi note 1 2 3 4 for x bars triggering sforzando plug in.
and tested.

2..i then imported cow bell midi into bb to a utility trak with pg sfz plug in used. and sfz jazz kit triggered by the midi notes.
i panned cow bell left and music right. NO LEAKAGE from cow bell.

3..genned of course on playback midi cowbell played first 4 bars i set up alone on left side.
then music comes in at 5th bar on etc …on right. left has cowbell , right has music no cowbell.

ps can change tempo or key change.
cowbell and music obviously change with tempo change to new tempo.
but sound of cowbell dont change with tempo or chord change.
success !

notes.
1..you can have cowbell (or another midi triggered sound) not play once music comes in gordon as an option via editing of course.
2..i could have used bb piano roll..if i wished. (i really wish there was a bars view like in realband….i miss it in bb).

i dont think ive missed anything and HTH.

bottom line midi clik cow bell triggering on left and
all music on right channel. phew.
i think this meets his needs.

if wife n' i ever get back to blighty a pint ? lol.
--------------------------------------------------

METHOD B.

1..open realband. (rb) (note rb has bars view that is useful for editing.)
2..load in METRNM1 style.
generate midi clik on trak 1
3..export midi trak from rb to biab utility trak.
so now bb utility trak has midi clik.
4..load up sfzorando (jazz kit) on utility trak and using bb piano roll can get loads of different clik sounds eg ride//block//whatever.
5..as before pan clik left and music all right.

NOTE …i had a really 'wacky' interesting fun clik trak by using various utility traks…each one with different sound triggered by midi etc etc.

hth…

now wifey is telling me its late n gotta watch 'everything goes wrong show' on pbs..a hoot sortas like monty python ..then its sleeps…lol.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/17/22 04:18 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
1..outside of bb i created same midi note 1 2 3 4 for x bars triggering sforzando plug in.
and tested

That's pretty much where we started until someone sensibly mentioned the metronome tracks, which are MIDI.

Perhaps there's something odd about the way BiaB handles specifically the metronome tracks. I note that they seem to already include a count-in, which may make them 'special' (flawed).

For appoggiature:

"Load up sforzando"
... on the mixer choose the "plugins" tab, click on the descriptive text, which probably says "->default synth", "choose plugin", "<VSTi Plogue .... sforzando".

Oh yes ... I guess this would now want the count-in bars added at the front and xml/MIDI imported two bars later.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 09/18/22 07:35 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Veteran
Veteran
You guys are sure working hard. Here is how you put the click on a track in Reaper. Best I can tell that is what you are trying to do. I suspect it is just as simple in any other DAW. But of course we all know that BIAB is not a ..... grin

[video:youtube]https://www.google.com/search?q=record+c...IptQP6_-uqAM_43[/video]

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Gordon n' Music Student.

its fiddly any way one slices it imho to meet app's needs.. ive tried many ways.

going back to powertraks (before getting into biab/rb) that i started on years ago i always did my own metronomes.includeing any other music software i used in the past.
i always ignored the built in metronomes. cos then i could move my own custom ones around tween different software i might be using and thus as the commonality was the custom metronome…it made things easier i found.

these days i either build my own metronome in either reaps (yep using clik trak//samples..
and other ways in reaps or realband.).

i gave apps' need a good old college try..lol.

as i said it works here with the panning. its just 'fiddly' to get there.

(ps sometimes i just load/insert the clik trak in reaps onto a reaps trak and replace the clik with audio sample(s) etc.)

best

om.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/18/22 11:07 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
What is a shame, at least in my eyes is there isn't a simple way to do the one and only thing I HOPED Band in a Box ALONE was capable of before I purchased it. I don't know if I would have NOT taken the plunge had I realized it wasn't easy as I hoped (along with discovering other inconsistencies with MusicXML importation), but regardless I am disappointed.

While many BiaB users may not desire what I am after, I know I am not alone in the world of backing track users in needing tracks with a metronome click on one channel only. You only need to see all of the videos out there on how to do it with a DAW to confirm what I am saying.

I am also having crashing issues with RealBand so I haven't investigated if bringing my BB files into it and creating a separate channel click track in RealBand is an option....

Regardless, I appreciate all of the time and effort members of the Forum have expended to try and help me because I am NOT one of those people who likes to take the easy way out and ask a lot of "how-to" questions on forums. Instead I seek the answers myself and only cry for help when necessary. However, Internet searches for answers to my BiaB questions most often were outdated, not relevant or left me more confused. The PGM Support Chat wasn't of much help either.

However, I am extremely appreciative that the Forum members at least taught this thick headed newbie how to create a BiaB audio file rendered as a single channel. wink

So after a Popeye "that's all I can stands... I can't stands no more!" moment; I discovered that with a few clicks, I can bring that BiaB rendered single channel audio file into Audacity, generate my count-in and click track on a separate channel and export what I am after in a minute or two...

...AND I didn't have to spend any additional funds for a DAW!! smile

Not what I wanted to have to do, but a LOT less aggravation than trying to get BiaB to do something it apparently can't do as easily.

So in the meantime, this is the way I am going to get what I need from BiaB so I can at least use it and have some chance of completing this backing track project by the end of October and hopefully making some money from my efforts in December.

I hope at some point, the issue with the BiaB MIDI Metronome Styles not working in mono is resolved because that would be perfect and make my whole process even easier. But with a work around, I can wait to see if that happens.

Once again, thank you ALL for all of the help. It IS appreciated!!

I'll be around...

Cheers,

Nick

C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
I've read through all of posts of this thread to try and get an idea why there was such an issue with using Midi Metronome or ClickTrk Style in BIAB.

The issue seems to be the click track and the accompaniment track are in stereo and need to be converted to mono.

The good news for those who may wish to give it a try, it's super easy and fast to do in BIAB with just a few clicks. BIAB has a button designated expressly to do it.

Here's how to create the Midi stereo click file and convert it into mono using BIAB:

Create and save the current project
Load a MIDI Metronome or the ClickTrk.Sty Style into BIAB set the tempo to desired bpm.
Rt. click on the drums track and from the drop down menu
Click on Track Actions and from the drop down menu
Select - Save Track as Performance File (Wav/M4a)

This action quickly converts the midi click track into a audio file and saves it into the same folder where the project SGU file has been saved to. In addition, when the play or generate button is pressed, the drums track labels turn orange and the track is renamed to Artist, indicating the track now contains an audio Artist Performance file. Select the Drums Track on the Mixer and then press the Audio Editor Icon to open the Audio Editor and the click track is now a visible stereo wave form on the Drums Track in the Audio Editor.

To Convert the Stereo wav form to Mono:

Open the Audio Editor and be sure the Drums Track is selected and click wav form is visible
Click the Editor Button and from the Drop down menu
Select Convert Channels - and from the Window Dialog window that opens
The defaults are set for each channel at 50 - Keep these defaults and
Click OK and the stereo track is converted to mono at the 50/50 ratio.

At this point, I recommend to also click the Edit Button and select Normalize and normalize the mono track -3 or -6 db.

The Click Track is now Mono.

To move the Artist Performance File from the Drums Track to another Mixer Track and return the Drums Track to normal use:
with the Drums Track selected
Edit |Copy Special| Copy Move
In the Copy Move Dialog Window
Unselect all Midi channels
Set the MIDI Box to Do Nothing
Set the Audio Box to Copy to destination track
Select the desired new track to copy the Artist Performance File audio to re: Utility Track #1

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Charlie:

I tried this method, set up a metronome and/or use clktrack as a style and get nowhere...

Try as I might, this step: "Select - Save Track as Performance File (Wav/M4a)" does nothing and NONE of this happens:

"This action quickly converts the midi click track into a audio file and saves it into the same folder where the project SGU file has been saved to. In addition, when the play or generate button is pressed, the drums track labels turn orange and the track is renamed to Artist, indicating the track now contains an audio Artist Performance file. Select the Drums Track on the Mixer and then press the Audio Editor Icon to open the Audio Editor and the click track is now a visible stereo wave form on the Drums Track in the Audio Editor."

And when I view the track in the Audio Editor, there is no visible audio there, yet I can hear the click when I press the play button...

C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Appoggiatura
Charlie:

I tried this method, set up a metronome and/or use clktrack as a style and get nowhere...

Try as I might, this step: "Select - Save Track as Performance File (Wav/M4a)" does nothing and NONE of this happens:

"This action quickly converts the midi click track into a audio file and saves it into the same folder where the project SGU file has been saved to. In addition, when the play or generate button is pressed, the drums track labels turn orange and the track is renamed to Artist, indicating the track now contains an audio Artist Performance file. Select the Drums Track on the Mixer and then press the Audio Editor Icon to open the Audio Editor and the click track is now a visible stereo wave form on the Drums Track in the Audio Editor."

And when I view the track in the Audio Editor, there is no visible audio there, yet I can hear the click when I press the play button...

The wav file will be visible in the Audio Editor once the Artist Performance File has been created. The click is still audible because the track still has midi data active and also if the Performance File has been created because the midi track and Artist Performance Track will be synced and play doubled. My post indicated the click data to be on the Drums Track. That should be the case but just be sure to select the track that has the click midi data.

The Artist Performance Track feature has been around since at least 2015 for PC and Mac and is a rock solid feature and there's no bug that I'm aware of. Any media on a track can be converted to an Artist Performance File. It works with MIDI, SuperMidi, recorded audio and RealTracks and RealDrums. If you're hearing the click track, it should be possible to convert it to an Artist Performance File.

Some things to look for that may be the cause of your issue:

The SGU project must be saved before the Artist Performance File feature will activate. The normal procedure is for BIAB to give a prompt message advising to save the project if your project hasn't been saved. BIAB renders, names and saves the Artist Performance File audio in the same folder as the project. This action causes BIAB to load the audio track automatically whenever the project is opened.

The Artist Performance Track appears once the BIAB project's Play or Generate and Play buttons have been clicked on. The track color and labels change requires the song regeneration to activate. Be sure the Audio Editor is displaying the correct track the click data is on. The Audio Editor defaults to displaying the Melody Track when it's opened unless you've highlighted the correct track first in the Mixer.

If none of the above corrects the issue, list the steps you take and post them here and we can diagnose what's occurring or do a Return To Factory Settings option that's located in the Options Menu.

I can't think of a reason that right click on the track with the Click on it and selecting Track Actions, Save Track as Performance File should not be working. I tested the steps I detailed here on my system and all seems to be working..

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Appoggiatura,

Did you generate the tracks and then right click in the audio mixer where the instrument name is located to bring up the track pop up menu?

I can't tell you the number of times I've been so focused on performing a task that I've forgotten to generate tracks before performing the task.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (165.26 KB, 132 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Here is a real time video showing how to create a click track for any BIAB song, convert the click from stereo to mono, move the track to a Utility Track and render an Mp3 with accompaniment on one track and the click track on the other.

There's no narration, just the demonstration.

EDIT: Link updated to YouTube upload

YouTube - BIAB Click Track Video

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/26/22 11:59 AM.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Fantastic effort Charlie. Many thanks.
Perhaps a good one for the tips and tricks section also? This is worthy of its own title.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Fantastic effort Charlie. Many thanks.
Perhaps a good one for the tips and tricks section also? This is worthy of its own title.

Thanks for the suggestion. I uploaded the video to YouTube so it could be a permanent link and posted it in the Tips and Tricks Forum.

Tips and Tricks Link

Expert
Expert
I couldn't find the clictrk.sty file after searching hard, but I have some metronome*.sty files. Run the demo with it and it worked. If someone can tell me where to find this clictrk.sty, thanks in advance.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
I couldn't find the clictrk.sty file after searching hard, but I have some metronome*.sty files. Run the demo with it and it worked. If someone can tell me where to find this clictrk.sty, thanks in advance.

It's found deeply embedded in an earlier post in this thread:

Clictrk.sty Link

Expert
Expert
Ah yes that one had escaped me, thank you very much!

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Charlie:

Thanks SO much for the instructions & video!!

That method works although while looking to resolve another real or perceived issue, I may have come across another way that may get similar results.

(My apologies for the novella that follows):

During some experimentation converting the generated click-track to mono using your method from the "Audio Edit" view (Edit>Convert Channels>Convert Stereo to Mono), I discovered that the OTHER tracks were still stereo and couldn’t be converted using this method.

However, if I pressed F7 taking me to the “Track Settings and Actions” window and highlighted a stereo track; if I checked the box “Editable Audio,” I could then convert the channel to mono via the "Audio Edit" view.

This action turned the track ORANGE like your method (Track Actions> Save Track as Performance File (Wav/M4a) without having to save the file first.

So, I did another experiment and revisited the click-track method Gordon introduced me to back on Page 2 of this thread. That method was to pick a "Utility Track", right click and choose “Select a custom MIDI Style for this Track” from the same right click drop down menu. In my previous experiments I chose Metronome 1.

While yielding a suitable click-track, the problem we had was even with hard panning, the resulting click was stereo despite appearing to be on one channel only of the rendered MP3.

With no disrespect intended, this stereo/bleed through result also confirmed my suspicion of the inaccuracy of the suggestion that mono conversion of Mixer channels was achieved via the “Mono” check box on the “Notation” view screen. To me, this result implies the "Mono" check box has nothing at all to do with how an audio file is rendered.

But what do I know...? wink

Ignoring the previous "mono method"...

Instead, after following the same steps choosing a custom MIDI Style, selecting the Drums Track, etc.; I went to this MIDI Utility Track via F7, checked the “Editable Audio” box and what I previously thought couldn’t be converted to mono… could.

So after all of this bloviating, I assume my "orange" result is the same as the "Charlie" method using a "Performance File?"

If so, this bring me to another real or perceived issue…

To refresh the memory of anyone still awake and interested, the result I am after is a rendered two channel MP3 with the click track on one channel and the accompaniment on the other with NO bleed through.

In a test, I rendered an MP3 from a created BiaB file with center panning. After enlarging the resulting channels and looking closely at the waveform on the two tracks, to my uninitiated eye they are NOT the same. There appear to be subtle differences that to my pea brain indicates a stereo rendering.

That leads me to believe that simple hard panning those instrument tracks left while panning the click track right would result in a loss of some of the overall audio on the left track.

When I compare that test MP3 to another test MP3 with hard panning of the instruments channels to one side, listening to each separately my ears are telling me I am losing some of the highs from at least one of the instruments in my mix on the hard panned MP3.

Am I correct in this assumption or are my eyes & ears playing tricks on me??

If so, is there some OTHER method in BiaB to achieve true mono on those instrument channels before hard panning and rendering an audio file other than individually making each track “editable” and converting the individual channels to mono via the "Audio Edit" view? While this method works, it adds several other steps to the process.

I’ve also experimented with creating the mix, rendering it as a single track mono MP3 via the "Audio Export" function (which I assume combines the channels) and importing it back into my song as a mono utility track.

This method seems to be a little less cumbersome once I get used to the steps involved.

Am I finally getting close? wink

Thanks again Charlie, Gordon and everyone else!!!!

Last edited by Appoggiatura; 09/30/22 08:28 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
If you have a windows machine, just open the file in Realband and pan the desired tracks to the desired output .. no bleed or confusion, as long as the Click isn't being generated by the metronome and exists on an actual track.

I hesitated to get into this thread earlier because I wanted to see the BiaB solution suggestions, but I suspect BiaB, with its built in reverb etc is going to have *some bleed .. though I am still hoping to be proven wrong.

FWIW many of us here simply move to RB for this type of work since it seems to be much simpler .. as long as you are on Windows, as Mac doesn't include RB and I haven't scoured back to check your version/OS.

Last edited by rharv; 09/30/22 11:17 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
I'm glad things are working for you.

Regarding crosstalk (bleeding between channels) you're correct about it with BIAB. BIAB always renders a stereo which in the case of dual mono results in merging the two tracks to achieve a mono output.

However, the click track and accompaniment track can be generated separately so each track is a complete mono audio file that can be compiled either in BIAB or in a DAW or audio editor. Then with proper routing of the file into a mixer or dual channel PA, sending each mono channel to a discreet and different amplifier output there should not be any crosstalk like the example from Rharv with using RealBand. In short, creating the tracks using BIAB can make a true dual mono file but as you discovered, there are additional steps to ensure there's not any merging of the files when rendering.

Charlie

Expert
Expert
I'm glad it worked out OK and sorry that it was harder and more frustrating than I (we?) anticipated. I haven't yet heard any more about the panning flaw of the metronome MIDI styles on Utility tracks.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,300
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181