Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
WBR Offline
Greetings,

I have been using Band In A Box and Real Band for quite a while. The first upgrade I bought was Band In A Box 12 (if my memory serves me right). Please, lets keep focus, I buy the product for what it can do, not how pretty the interface looks. Before Real Band I used both Sonar and Band In A Box. Sonar provided the Mixer Band In A Box did not have. Sonar had what looked like a cool feature in their Grove Clips. But they couldn't come close to what I could do with Band In A Box and Real Band.

I disagree with anyone suggesting it would be best to re-write the products from the ground up. Music Production software like Band In A Box or Garage Band is definitely a limited sized market. This is not like Microsoft office that will see an installed base of anything in the line of 8 to 10 digits in their license count. Can you imagine going to a venture capital funding organization and tell them "I want to get enough money together to produce a product that can go toe to toe with PG Music's Band In A Box / Real Band combination"? As long as Band In A Box is "Best Of Breed" in the marketplace, the interface is likely to lose less market share to competitors than the superior functionality of the product will take from the competitors.

Since the marketplace for this type of software is limited, the amount of money available for developing new code is limited. I wouldn't mind a long term goal of modernizing the user interface, but certainly not at the expense of improvements to the technology of creating arrangements and making them sound like I have my own band of live musicians backing me when I perform. Diverting investment from improving the capability of the product to 'nicing up' the user interface would allow the competitors to "catch up" a little instead of forcing them to scramble to keep up.

The user interface doesn't do anything for me when I'm on the stage with a microphone in my hand. That is why I continue buying the upgrades to Band In A Box and Real Band. And, by the way, for the functionality I get in the products Band In A Box, Real Band, and the Real Tracks and style sets, I am very satisfied with them and consider them a true bargain.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Diverting investment from improving the capability of the product to 'nicing up' the user interface would allow the competitors to "catch up" a little instead of forcing them to scramble to keep up.

1.) For my part, and as I understand most of those who are asking for it, an updated GUI is an improvement to the product's capability. It is far more than making it look prettier; it is about enhanced functionality for different types of users.

2.) What competitors?

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Right on, Ryszard.

kelso

Dell Desktop XPS 8100 W10 HomePrem/64 / Core i5 760 (quad, 2.8GHz) / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB SATA / ViewSonic VG2428wm / EMU1616 PCI / Event ASP6 Active Monitors / BIAB 2019 64 bit (609) / Cakewalk
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
In another post requesting some chord structures to Yamaha Hardware would be an enhancement...When I think about improving the GUI, my defib goes off!

I really dug the "competitor-edge" that Apple's App for groovy "trio" backup gave to singers like me, with their offering up the iRealBook...which gave you everything including a wide variety of jazz standards along with the ability to quickly change
keys into your do-able "range"!

Unfortuately, and even tho they didn't offer the lyrics too, they've run into copywrite pressure and, except for the original purchasers, the new version of iRealBook, except if you're lucky enuff to have the initial one which still swings with chord charts and all...

To me, altho I have many internet fake books, which include original jazz star MP3's...
this under $20 dollar-RealBook-Compendium, was a real competitor for either a quick practice session of tunes that are "called out", as well as a nifty packaged software
band-backup-program that, if you had a good library of lyrics on hand...or in your memory...presented you with one "tiger" of delite for IPAD/IPOD/IPHONE users.

Not to forget that the BIAB software offered in the Apple Store, is a great move forward!

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
The real base of the arguement here is should PG rewrite BiaB to include all the things that folks complain about. The biggest part of the complaint comes from Mr. Zero Zero, who I will say seems like a real decent chap, that like the rest of us want PG to be successful, and want the best software he can get for his investment. I respect him for that.

But i completely disagree about a ground up rewrite, i think that is too aggressive, and also invasive. There are far to many folks here that like Biab as it is. Sure i would love , as I am sure most would to see a new more modern face on it someday with some updated menus and button function.

Zero/Zero keeps clamoring for a rewrite, adding mixers, multiports, full VSTi function like a synth rack, full on recording like a typical DAW, so he can do 99% of what he wants right there in Biab, and maybe polish it a tad in cubase. He has ask for BiaB to be morphed into something far more. He has a right to ask! I have a right to resist. We are both paying users.

My reason for resistance is simple. What he wants is already there. In RB, but he has issues with that since he has not been able to get RB to work properly. I suggest getting on line or phone with PG and sorting out the problems, rather than keep asking them to abandon the path chosen. I want refinement and progress with the current models, not total change, since i feel that would set things back for years.

I love what RB is becoming, it is very close to being a major DAW tool. VSTi needs refining, ASIO needs to be made a tad better, and it needs full automation envelope capabilities and it will be right there with other DAWs. BiaB on the other hand is what it is, and does not need major change, it need gentle updating. I agree that a bit more comprehensive mixer, rather than just volume control in the tool bar would be nice. As far as VSTi rack, hhmmmm interesting idea. Right now you need a GM synth or route out to a hardware synth. You can use any VSTi like sampletank, or Kontact, and then hand pick the patches. This makes it hard if you use a large variey of sounds, but if you use like a jazz combo it is easy. Maybe a small three slot synth rack would solve some of the issue, and be easy to implement, thus making the program more powerful for ZZ, and other with his needs.

I am just afraid of constant pressure on a software company like PG in this economy where they cave in and try some radical changes, and the large majority have to suffer thru huge growing pains, much like the sonar issues of late.

Zero, i appolgize if anything i said or have said are in anyway not cool to you. I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but over the past few months this is what it seems you want. I think what we have is fine with small refinements and future growth. I would love to see you get RB up and running properly, and will help anyway I can.

Best Regards Rob.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

But i completely disagree about a ground up rewrite, i think that is too aggressive, and also invasive. There are far to many folks here that like Biab as it is. Sure i would love , as I am sure most would to see a new more modern face on it someday with some updated menus and button function.

Rob, I will respectfully disagree. Although I could care less about the GUI, I will use whatever PGMusic has-I can learn it, but I think a complete rewrite is needed update the engine. The rewrite should include many of the core suggestions myself and many other users have put on the wish list. Things like increased midi PPQ to at least 960, put chords on at least 8th notes if not 16th notes, correctly display those so called odd key signatures like 5/4, 7/4, 6/8, 12/8 etc, the addition of multiple midi ports and so on and so forth.

Quote:

Zero/Zero keeps clamoring for a rewrite, adding mixers, multiports, full VSTi function like a synth rack, full on recording like a typical DAW, so he can do 99% of what he wants right there in Biab, and maybe polish it a tad in cubase. He has ask for BiaB to be morphed into something far more. He has a right to ask! I have a right to resist. We are both paying users.

ZeroZero I will respectfully disagree with your idea of making BiaB into a full fledged DAW. Many of us use other DAWs and for one reason or another do not want to switch. Keep BiaB as a background/foreground music-generating piece of software. Let RB do the rest of what you want.

Just my two cents - MarioD

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I don't mind any changes to BIAB as long as those of us who want to can keep it in "the dark ages". BIAB functions perfectly for my purposes. Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
The big question is whether or not BIAB data flow will "fly" as far as Apple's new entre into the world of music apps (and other similar orientation) that will possibly make it into its "CLOUD" and "LION" products...and become the new rage of creatively-bent individuals (like us)???

And the question for PG would be...if BIAB is involved in any type of CLOUD activity,
would they consider a GUI change if concerned that their data product looks "too gooey"??

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Just for the record I do not expect BIAB to be a 'full fledged DAW' none of PGs programs have the power of Cubase or protools. What I want to do most is to load a VST instrument such as my piano or my organ and paly it in BIAB and record it along with BAIB tracks. Is this really too much to ask? What is BIAB if it is not an accompaniment program.
Many musicians possess a decent piano synth like Ivory, TruePainos and there is absolutely no way that a good pianist is gonig to settle for a gm or multisynth substitute. You cant load a decent piano into BAIB and play along and record - this is fundamental.
The idea that BIAB could be a 'full fledged DAW' can only be imagined by someone that does not really know rthe capabilities of Cubase or Protools etc... I find the idea of using BIAB as my DAW quite laughable. Its a very good accompaniment software - wordl claass in fact with Real Tracks, and its a very good learning tool but its definitely not a fully fledged sequencer.

Mixers are bog standard across all sort of products not just DAWS.

Also for the record I have been in contact with PG several times and they did not get my system working. I recieved a lot of good help from the forum but alas no result with RB. Even if I did get RB to work I would stil believe that both programs should be merged. I use Cubase for my sequencing and it is far more powerful and professional that anything PG has made in this area (sequencing).

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I understand what you want, and no it is not to much to ask. It still baffles me that you can't see that the answer is already there, Biab has been merged, not with RB, but with Powertracks, the child of that merge IS RB. What you want it there, you just have to figure out why it does not work, and i bet you would love it.

No it is not as deeply feature rich as Cubase or Protools, they are abundantly more expensive than either PT $50 more or less, and or RB an add on to BiaB. But do not sell them short, both will do a lot of work for you. Both do midi very well, both do audio very well, both are easy to use and have a lot of very useable features. The mixer section is simple but has a lot of features. The VSTi rack will allow you to open a BiaB file, both with RTs and midi tracks, and add any kind of Synth you want. I use sampletank, and a couple others every day. I have added pianos, organs, guitar synths, you name it.

Zee, have you ever used Powertracks? and if so did it work? If not that might give a clue as to why RB does not work. Exactly what does not work on it? Be specific.

There is something simple missing here, PT and RB are not difficult to get running. I had far less trouble getting then configured than even the baby sonar product MC5. I have used Cubase, Sonar, Cakewalk MC 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Reaper, Multitrackstudio, N-tracks, Tracktion, Reaper, Logic, Vegas, Acid Pro, and a couple more over the years. PT and RB have always loaded up and ran with ease.

Here is an offer, I do not know where you are located, but if it is possible i will make time to personally help you, i can log into teamviewer and shawdow your screen and check the setup, and look for issues. If we can get it working together that would be a good thing. You would have total control all the time, and the ability from your end to disconnect me at any time. Let me know if this is interesting to you and we can try then to lock down a time that works for both. then all i have to do is give you the link to Teamviewer QS and we can give it a try.

Last edited by Robh; 06/02/11 04:36 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Thanks for your offer, I may well take the offer up, partners birdthay today and I do'nt want her to feel ignored

Lets be very clear what want to do. I want to be able to play TruePianos (Which is VST and or standalone -see demo) with a BIAB song and record it - simple. I can already do this by exporting the track to Cubase and then recording the piano there, but that turns the whole session into a recording session. Instead I would like to record the piano during quick and dirty practice sessions - MIDI and Audio too.

I am not interested in learning Powertracks I already have a better sequencer.

Here is my kit:

Win 7, Core i7 920, 64 bit, PC, 12 gig of Ram. Focusrite Liquid 56 Firewire running their Saffire 2.2 Driver.

Its a long time since I tried RB (for my memory) but I recall trying all the settings for sample rates and all the settings in RB with no luck.
At present i am getting sound from the demo songs but cant load any plugins they appear breifly in the VST DXI windowe and then vanish. I have Audio set for 16 bit 44.1.

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Okay let me know if you want to take a shot at it.

My question about Powertracks was not to suggest swithcing over to it, but that if Powertracks had at some point worked for you, that would be a great starting point for Rb setup, since Rb is built on the powertracks chassis then melded with Biab.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Yes understood Rob

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
E
Apprentice
Apprentice
E
BIAB is the best that is out there for what it does. The chord structure orientation is the only way to go.

However, I have, for years been wanting more from BIAB in several ways. The frustrating part is it would seem to me to be simple to add some great features to BIAB.

First, higher resolution on drum parts. Of course, they have gone the realdrums route, but MIDI is still very useful to me still, so the higher resolution on drums would be helpful in creating better drum parts.

Second, and this is my BIG wish, why not have, say, 4 more instruments? They have addressed this issue somewhat with multistyles, and being able to change styles about any way that you want to. But if you had 4 more instruments you could really build advanced styles in a direct and simple manner. To make this work as desired you would need to add to the chorus structure. I would like a verse/chorus structure where you could specify in the stylemaker that this instrument came in on the 2nd verse, the 3rd verse, or the 2nd chorus, etc..

To be fair, the BIAB people are moving somewhat in my direction, just taking a more complicated approach, in my opinion.

Eric

... just one man's opinion ...
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I think all programs should use the same terms to to do the same thing . They don't ! Every one is so different it's like learning a new language , but if you started changing that language even slowly you would lose current user's understanding of it . So if you're going to change this one's GUI should all software be changed to certain standards just to meet your needs ? If you want to be multi-lingual do other country's languages need to conform to you ? Some things don't need change as much as people need more time to adapt to them . I think PG only needs to change the number of real tracks that are available and stop with the 50 new features till RT's catch up with the midi styles. Ok don't stop new the features ,but small numbers of RT's reminds me of when I bought Biab 2004 pro then wanted the mega pack a week later . I just can't get enough!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
I have been watching this thread for a bit now and eventually had to also chip in.

I have also done a fair bit of software development in my time and have found that when you have a piece of software that does a very specialized job that the thing takes on a life of its own and the lay-out develops to actually performs the task that you set out to do.

If you start focusing on getting it sexy then very soon you lose focus on the real requirement and spending time on cosmetics ....

I was (and stil am) personally AMAZED every time I fire it up and get this band playing with me, doing what I want them to do and that for a price I still cannot really believe.

For my 10 cents worth I see no point in changing it. Spend the money on adding more styles, maybe add some more MIDI styles for a change as well, that will impresses me.

I am happy with the improvements in performance, the reduction in the size of files, thats what counts for me! Who remembers how long it took to generate those first 3 real tracks? (I actually woke up the wife to show her what they've added this time)

I think maybe some user's are taking what we have for granted and does not really appreciate what we have here. THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION.

I'm doing allright for Country Trash ....

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2022W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1 Trash!!

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Good answer!

Quote:

maybe add some more MIDI styles for a change as well

MAYBE? No maybe about it - add some more midi styles

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
What a great thread!!! I just spent the time to read it from head to toe. My dime.

A lot of what is being discussed here is not FUNCTIONALITY as much as EDUCATION. Allow me to be the guinea pig for my own example.

I was at a friend's house earlier this year. He had just purchased the newest version of BIAB. At that point he did a fast demo. I accepted his offer to bring the old one home and play with it. I used it for 3 days and then ordered it. That was maybe 3 months ago.

(Education and guinea pig references start here.)

To this day, June 24th, I have NEVER clicked the Real Band icon. Never. I just didn't/don't really know what it even is, and I have a lot of writing work to do and not time to play. As I read this thread I have a better idea what Real Band is, and will play with it some tonight, but when I load a song already written in BIAB, am I essentially loading it into a DIFFERENT program or BIAB on steroids? Is it going to change the assigned instruments? Erase the solos? And where would I go to read about this? Do I take a week of vacation to try and sift through EVERY ITEM in the help files until I guess correctly on what my issue is called in the helps? That's like trying to pick a style. Yesterday, just so I knew, I kept track. I looked at (get ready for it) 87 styles before I found one I liked. (What is a style called "cnty_tim" supposed to mean? Is that a shuffle, a stomp, a ballad, a hoedown.....? What is "standard"? And who the hell is "Tim"?) Can those styles not be arranged by "Ballad" - "Shuffle" - "Stomp" - etc? Brent Mason's name in a style may be a good thing for "measuring in the shower" value (Look everybody! We got Brent Mason to do samples!) but it doesn't describe the groove in any way. I was looking for a groove kind of like Terri Clark's tune "Now That I Found You". Some of the styles have "example songs" listed that are not even CLOSE to what the groove of the style is.

When I bought this program, I bought it because it was going to be a fast, easy, quick and dirty back up band to do demos to send to players who will be playing on my CD. I didn't know that I would have to spend 80-100 hours reading help files when I wanted to learn something that I would expect would be clearly defined if not absolutely intuitive. I bought it so I could STOP using Sonar, STOP programming drum machines, STOP playing in take after take to fix my clams, STOP playing with MIDI routing so the right tracks played on the right keyboard (of the 5 I use).

I would like to see the styles offered with JUST a drum groove, but in addition to what they are now. I would like to be able to pick a groove, pick the bass sound, pick the piano, pick the organ, pick the guitar.... from a SIMPLE LIST of instruments, and where the guitar parts play under the guitar tab and the piano plays under the piano tab. In fact I would like to see empty instrument "tabs" so I can designate that maybe tab 1 will be chunking rhythm, tab 2 will be pedal steel, tab 3 will be piano... etc.. rather than a style assigning parts that are close to impossible to change. So with all of that, does what I just said I would like to see constitute my wanting a "DAW"? (Which, just FYI, I consider as "oh please - call it what it is" as calling a used car a "previously owned automobile" or a second mortgage as a "home equity loan". A "DAW" is a multi track sequencer. Let's not play acronym bingo. I mean, VSTi? I have called that "soft synth" for years. Must I change to "Virtual Studio Technology instruments" now?)

The requests about changing the icons I understand again because of the learning curve. There is a huge asterisk on my toolbar. Only recently and by complete accident did I discover that the huge asterisk is supposed to be a big snowflake that indicates the option to FREEZE a track. (How about people in Florida who have never seen snow? Do they know that is supposed to be a big snowflake indicating "that cold white stuff that falls from the sky and freezes stuff"? I toured a lot in Canada so I KNOW you folks up north know about the big snowflake.... LOL!) Would it not be at least AS effective to print the letters F-R-E-E-Z-E instead of a picture of a snowflake? There are so many icons that have nothing cognitive about them that I have had to sit there and hover the mouse over them until to caption bubble opened. And THEN I had to try, at my age, and remember what they all meant because 3 seconds after the caption bubble closed it was erased from my brain's memory bank.

This really is more about education. I really think that is at the bottom of this whole debate.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Yesterday, just so I knew, I kept track. I looked at (get ready for it) 87 styles before I found one I liked.

FWIW, that very thing fundamentally changed my approach to and usage of BIAB. My experience was similar to that point. I couldn't keep an idea in my head after listening to all those variations, so I cheated. I gave up.

Note that I work primarily in MIDI with original compositions. I understand that my approach probably won't work with covers unless you intend to do highly original arrangements.

I may go in with an initial idea now, but I listen to BIAB as if it is making suggestions--which it is. It's that expert system thing. If there is a positive side to all this, and for me there is, it is that I end up with music that I never imagined of in the first place. Click on the link below for examples.

Works for me.

Richard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,549
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173