Index
#737844 - 11/08/22 09:41 AM [User Showcase] THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS

I WAS WRONG
I said my last song would be my last song post for 2022, but I had time to get together with my co-writer Ron Helm and we knocked out one more before the holidays (hope you all don't mind me sharing one more). Sections of the melody were salvaged from a previous song I posted here but I didn't like the verses. Hopefully this is an upgrade.

She is living under the illusion that a fairytale life is her destiny. He is living under the illusion that he can keep her love! I guess the moral of the story is, be satisfied with what you have! Thanks for having a listen! T

BIAB - Ukulele (sorry I don't have the particulars on this)
Drums - Drums On Demand
Keys - EZKeys

Me
Vocals
All Guitars
Bass
"Clarinet" Played on a Yamaha keyboard

The Wind In The Willows
Words and music by
Torrey Bliss and Ron Helm
©2022 Glass Gate Music

The wind in the willows is speaking to me
It's telling me things it knows I want to believe
That I should be happy though I'm feeling blue
That you'd never leave when I've already lost you

When I look into your eyes
I see what you can't deny

You've seen the world but you can't see me
When you're around you're always leaving
You have learned to hide your feelings oh so well
You've got a dream that you must follow
The fairytale promised tomorrow
You hope it will come true but only time will tell

The wind in the willows whispers to me
Are they words of wisdom or am I decieved
It's got me looking out a window into the past
Chasing distant shadows and things that won't last

As I try to keep your love
Oh could I ever do enough

(chorus 3)
You know only time's gonna tell

#737858 - 11/08/22 12:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Super groove and instrumentation

Your vocal is very strong

I really like those lyrics

Good mix also.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#737870 - 11/08/22 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: 3rd rock from the sun
B.D.Thomas Offline
Journeyman

Loc: 3rd rock from the sun
Great song, great production, great singer.
The icing on the cake are the beautiful harmonies and the clarinet fills, especially the latter create a certain mood that I like a lot!

Me on YouTube

A worn acoustic guitar, an even older keyboard, some software and lots of ideas...

#737888 - 11/08/22 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Virginia USA
You still have time left to post another last song of 2022! Go for it.

I love your guitar sound. Simply awesome and I want more in this song.

The clarinet is a nice touch and adds a unique flavor to this rocker.

All sound excellent in the mix.

#737900 - 11/08/22 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Veteran

Loc: Maryland
Liked the clarinet as part of your musical arsenal (to go along with those excellent searing guitars). Song was very good, reminded me of a well-known tune but I can't place it. Overall, very high quality as I've come to expect from you. Great job!!

#737920 - 11/09/22 01:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Clarinet & ukelele can't hide the essential Torreyness of this one.
Good work with the DOD tracks...did you mix the tracks yourself or use their premix?
If the former - any special tricks learnt?
Top notch - as expected.

#737937 - 11/09/22 04:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Haha. keep 'em coming Torrey and Ron. I knew you were way too creative to predict the last song would be your last for the year. Man, you guys have a terrific sound, and it sounds like extraordinary talent. I love the bounce of this one, and you matched the melody and lyrics perfectly. Such a strong an professional polish to all you do.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 10

#737953 - 11/09/22 06:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: MarioD]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Super groove and instrumentation

Your vocal is very strong

I really like those lyrics

Good mix also.

Thanks for giving it a spin Mario! I appreciate it! T

#737972 - 11/09/22 08:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
PROJECT M Offline
Expert

Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
Hi Torrey and Ron
I rather do not talk about the successful end of the season...
After all, we still have a few weeks until the turn of the year and you will probably come another song ;-))))
But fun aside
A beautiful song, which is technically absolute top class
Your solo guitar sounds great and very surprising in the song
Really cool
A great song that is really fun to listen to
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

#738005 - 11/09/22 03:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Florida, USA
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Wow! A lot going on here, Great production all around. Truly enjoyable.

Mike B.

#738031 - 11/10/22 03:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well, this is a very pleasant surprise!

Love the melody, vocal, harmony guitars, and the clarinet is the cat's meow!

Just a top notch song from start to finish.

Well done Torrey and Ron!

#738059 - 11/10/22 07:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: B.D.Thomas]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Great song, great production, great singer.
The icing on the cake are the beautiful harmonies and the clarinet fills, especially the latter create a certain mood that I like a lot!

Hey thanks for the listen and comments! I appreciate it! T

#738068 - 11/10/22 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Top notch write, arrangement, performance and production. Excellent vocals.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#738079 - 11/10/22 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Ezekiel's Storm]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
You still have time left to post another last song of 2022! Go for it.

I love your guitar sound. Simply awesome and I want more in this song.

The clarinet is a nice touch and adds a unique flavor to this rocker.

All sound excellent in the mix.

Thanks Scott! I appreciate all of that! T

#738092 - 11/10/22 09:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Torrey / Ron,

What a tremendous song! The instrumentation and vocals are superb. Production is off the charts.

Absolutely loved it!

Bob

#738099 - 11/10/22 10:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Illinois, USA
firesong Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois, USA
Hey Torrey...this is a very cool song...I love the sound and use of the clarinet and the guitar work you did was amazing...the harmonies of the guitars is such a great sound and the harmonies that you produce vocally are the best around...the lyrics are brilliant...you and Ron (I've said this before!) are such a great team and your production skills and musicianship are true gifts from you know "Who"...so glad you didn't quit for the year...and...the years not over...if you know what I mean...thanks for such great stuff to listen to...Dan

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.

#738129 - 11/10/22 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Torrey

Well, we’re sure glad you brought us one more for the year. smile

This is a good message presented in a most joyous sound. Your vocals are so good and also reminiscent of Beatles harmonies. The clarinet is a gem. Your guitar sounds excellent as expected.

These lines in particular stand out to us:

“You've seen the world but you can't see me
When you're around you're always leaving”

“It's got me looking out a window into the past
Chasing distant shadows and things that won't last”

What an unexpected treat!

J&B

#738168 - 11/11/22 04:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: TuneMonger]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Liked the clarinet as part of your musical arsenal (to go along with those excellent searing guitars). Song was very good, reminded me of a well-known tune but I can't place it. Overall, very high quality as I've come to expect from you. Great job!!

Thanks for the positive thoughts! I appreciate it! T

#738169 - 11/11/22 04:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: rayc]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

>
Originally Posted By: rayc
Clarinet & ukelele can't hide the essential Torreyness of this one.
Good work with the DOD tracks...did you mix the tracks yourself or use their premix?
If the former - any special tricks learnt?
Top notch - as expected.

Thanks Ray! I just put the DOD files on 2 different stereo tracks so cymbal crashes in places could overlap. I used their pre-mix which seems to be good. All I did was add some eq, compression and a bit of room reverb. It seems to liven them up a bit. This was a new set I just purchased called "Warm and natural. I was trying to get a little different sound than I normally have.

#738272 - 11/12/22 04:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS [Re: BabuMusic]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Haha. keep 'em coming Torrey and Ron. I knew you were way too creative to predict the last song would be your last for the year. Man, you guys have a terrific sound, and it sounds like extraordinary talent. I love the bounce of this one, and you matched the melody and lyrics perfectly. Such a strong an professional polish to all you do.

Thanks again Marty for the warm, positive response! I appreciate it! T

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows DAW Plugin Version 5.0, including Drum Stems (separate tracks from the different microphones used during the actual recording sessions), 4 color schemes to choose from, enhanced chord settings, improved undo/redo operation, "Rebuild StylePicker" notification whenever rebuild is required, EZ RealTracks/RealDrums Folder Locations dialog and much more!

The DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows, we're creating videos summarizing the new features, explaining new features in detail, and showcasing the new Add-ons!

Whether it's a summary of the new features, demonstrations of the 222 new RealTracks, information on the 2023 49-PAK, demonstrations of our new XPro Styles PAK 4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15, or detailed tutorials for other Band-in-a-Box® 2023 features, we have you covered!

Reference this forum post for One-Stop Shopping of our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - we will be updating this post as more videos are added!

RealBand 2023 is Here!

Just released - RealBand 2023!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2023, including RealChart generation for RealDrums, MIDI Vocoder and Fix Tuning modes for Audio Harmonies, MicroChords (up to 4 chords per beat), RealDrum Stems support, Playable RealTracks to customize the RealTracks performances by adding your own notes, Reverse Audio Effects, easy Tab key navigation on the Chords Window, smoother mouse wheel operation on the Tracks Window, the EZ RealTracks/RealDrums folder locations dialog, and much more!

RealBand 2023 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here - and it's on SALE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here, and it includes over 70 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Forum Stats
36766 Members
64 Forums
76156 Topics
673493 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
AlfieZA, happytune, CSM, guitgeezer, Rahul Kumar

36766 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 209