Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#750759 - 01/25/23 07:45 AM [User Showcase] David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Hey Y'all,

I am going to try something different here to keep from "overpopulating" the forum, given that Rachel is writing 4 songs an hour.

Here is what I will try:

Each week I will post a single post like this one called “David and Rachel Radio” with a new song. Below the lyrics to the new song will be links to other stuff we have recently posted on Soundcloud, some of which will already have appeared here. You can then feel free to listen to whatever fits your fancy, and we can comment and say thanks all in one place, on one tidy post, so that we will not clutter the home page.

Hope that makes sense! Rachel has also joined the community here, is already a fan, and can’t wait to get active! smile Please give her a warm PG Forum welcome!! This is her first time singing a demo.

This week’s offering is THICK THIGHS. If you have forgotten to take your high blood pressure medication, now would be a good time to do that, or if your pacemaker battery is weak, I would definitely swap it out before you hit play.

THICK THIGHS

By Rachel Cintula and David Snyder

https://soundcloud.com/rachelanddavidworktapes/thick-thighs

V1

You do you, I got nothing against thin
I like having something juicy under my skin
Not interested in looking like anyone else
I was born loving the look of myself

CH

I got thick thighs
I got beautiful eyes
When I glide by
I make everybody cry
Cause haters want to be me
And lovers want to be with me
For my thick thighs
And these beautiful eyes

V2

What’s important to me is my confidence shows
It’s okay if you don’t like what you see because
I’m okay with openly loving me
with my thick thighs and
my beautiful eyes

CH

I got thick thighs
I got beautiful eyes
When I glide by
I make everybody cry
For my thick thighs
And these beautiful eyes

BR

You crop it, flip it
Filter it,
Photoshop it
Won’t give you it
See, I come by this,
Naturally,

CH

I got thick thighs
I got beautiful eyes
When I glide by
I make everybody cry
For my thick thighs
And these beautiful eyes

Words and music copyright 2023 by Rachel Cintula and David Snyder

All Rights Reserved.

Rachel Cintula: Lead and backing vocals. David Snyder: instrumentation, arrangement, production. Real tracks below these links.

Other links for the week and month:

https://soundcloud.com/rachelanddavidworktapes/church-girls
https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs3/one-more-whiskey-song
https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs3/dirty-hands-clean-money
https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs3/dire-straits
https://soundcloud.com/rachelanddavidworktapes/creek-day

Thick Thighs:

RealTracks in style: 2358:Bass, Electric, MotownRnBUptempo Ev 165
RealTracks in style: 2360:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm MotownRnBUptempo Ev 165
RealTracks in style: 2150:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NewOrleansBoogie Ev 165
RealTracks in style: ~690:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 165
RealDrums in Song: PopPepSquad^01-NChClDS,CHCLRdHH
RealDrums in style:PopPepSquad^01-a:Clap, Quiet Hihat Snare, b:Cheers, Ride, Loud Hihat

#750788 - 01/25/23 11:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
RE: Thick Thighs

Cool sound.
Love the attitude of the vocal.

Welcome to the Showcase, Rachel!

fj

#750794 - 01/25/23 12:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: 3rd rock from the sun
B.D.Thomas Offline
Journeyman

Loc: 3rd rock from the sun
Different and odd, but in a positive way.
At first I was a little surprised by the way Rachel sings, but it works really well for the song.
Like Floyd said, she has a great attitude in her voice.

Good start to the Showcase forum, Rachel smile
Waiting for more...

Me on YouTube

A worn acoustic guitar, an even older keyboard, some software and lots of ideas...

#750870 - 01/25/23 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Almost a sung country rap.
I can hear Rachel on the edge of blasting this out.

#750895 - 01/25/23 08:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Online   content
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
David and Rachel,

I think ray has the right of it—it has a county rap feel to it. It’s fresh, cool and full of attitude--very creative tune! The Real Drums tracks really accentuate this track. The vocal is stellar—good fit for the song—though from a production standpoint (and it looks like I’m the only one mentioning it, so it’s likely just me) the vocal seems a tad hot—perhaps EQ off the high end just a smidge? Beyond that, solid, solid production.

[Addendum: This song came up again a day later as I was listening to some other songs. On my laptop, the vocal sounds just fine. I think I was listening with headphones the other day, a pair that sometimes accentuates the higher end. So, just to confirm . . . it was just me!]

You two make a great writing team. Welcome to the forum , Rachel. I’ll look forward to hearing more from you both.

My best to you both,

Deej

Edited by Deej56 (01/27/23 03:24 PM)

#750911 - 01/26/23 05:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: United States
Rachel Cintula Offline

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome to the forum and positive comments.

My first time recording vocals was an enjoyable experience!

#750916 - 01/26/23 05:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
A BIG WELCOME, Rachel! Man, anyone who can keep up with David is a songwriting machine. AND you write such good stuff. Thanks so much for the introduction, David. You have a wonderful ear for talent. Rachel, you do a wonderful job of singing this with such an engaging emotion. I'm lovin' this, you two. More great stuff for my car rides, too.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 10

#750984 - 01/26/23 02:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: floyd jane]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd!

I very much like Rachel's sassy attitude as well.

It is my opinion that for singing and performing modern pop, you have to have attitude, and strong women with attitude seem to be doing very well these days. It also does not hurt when they write 5 songs an hour. smile Ok, slight exaggeration. But only slight.

Trust me when I say there will be more attitude on the way.

smile

Thanks again.

#750988 - 01/26/23 02:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
vicarn Offline
Expert

Interesting! Imaginative. Yes, country rap fits the bill.
Good one.

Vic

#751007 - 01/26/23 10:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Hi, Rachel and David.

Rachel, welcome to the forum! It's good to have you here.

Fun song - the right amount of sass and silly. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#751047 - 01/27/23 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: B.D.Thomas]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks B.D.

As we discussed, and I have to say this...

"Well, B.D. that is a how a REAL woman sounds."

Now, before you come back with what you said you would say to this, think carefully.

Do I have enough suitcases ready???????

smile

#751341 - 01/29/23 07:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Welcome aboard, Rachel. That left us smiling.

Rachel’s vocal delivery reminded us of Lucinda Williams on her song, “Sweet Side” and that’s a cool entrance into the forum. smile

Cool, fun and sassy!

J&B

#751382 - 01/29/23 01:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rachel Cintula Offline

Janice and Bud,

Thank you for the welcome to the forum. This is really the first time hearing my self within any sort of production, so I don't know who I sound like! smile

David and I are going to explore my vocals, and I am practicing a new challenge.

Rachel

#751383 - 01/29/23 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
David & Rachel

Fun vocal, very sassy as the others have said.

Interesting backing track, a nice mash up of styles.

Clever and engaging.

Peter

#751385 - 01/29/23 01:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: dcuny]
Rachel Cintula Offline

dcunny,

Thank for the welcome and for enjoying the silly sass. wink

Rachel

#751386 - 01/29/23 01:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: PeterF]
Rachel Cintula Offline

PeterF,

As a new songwriter, I am glad David is willing to explore the variety of songs I write with his amazing musical talents.

Rachel

#751389 - 01/29/23 01:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: floyd jane]
Rachel Cintula Offline

Floyd Jane,

I don't have that much attitude in real life. grin

Rachel

#751512 - 01/30/23 11:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Wow, this is an ingenious song. Already one of the most creative artist on this forum, David Snyder, has joined forces with another great talent Rachel and now they are pushing each other to the third power, making music beyond imagination. Those lyrics are witty, ironic and hot smile The rap type of singing works nicely, the chorus is catchy. The pop gospel backing band supports the message perfectly. I just wish there was a video for this laugh

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#751516 - 01/30/23 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: jannesan]
Rachel Cintula Offline

jannesan,

Thank you so much for the love!

Rachel

#751519 - 01/30/23 12:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: David and Rachel Radio 1.25.23: New Release_THICK THIGHS [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Hahahaha, excellent!!! Brava, and welcome, Rachel, to the forum!!!

One thing I'm gonna say: your vocals are excellent, Rachel, so don't hold back, haha. It sounds to me like you're holding back just a tad, which is normal if this is your first song recording yourself in. DON'T hold back, I would personally suggest. Give it both barrels, lol - because the talent and the vocal skills ARE there.

Looking forward to hearing more from you two, David and Rachel. What a way to start.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37071 Members
64 Forums
77072 Topics
683110 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
KK83, CB22, NewCity Paradise, mikeshean11, Dougyboy

37071 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 178
MarioD 155
Matt Finley 154
AudioTrack 146
Bass Thumper 135
MusicStudent 129
rayc 100
B.D.Thomas 96
Jim Fogle 94
Janice & Bud 93
Today's Birthdays
brassauditions, EddieV, glauber, Holly, MyZone1958, PLS, Tobin - PG Music Inc.