Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#755027 02/22/23 07:08 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks. 
Sorry for my sporadic presence, the last few weeks were a bit hectic. I wrote this song in January.  There are a couple  Ukrainian reporters I am following. They conduct "casual" interviews with Russian prisoners, either captured or surrendered...Their (journalists) endgame is to help with prisoner swaps and inform young Russians of what is really going on and what is waiting for them, coming from their own "comrades". As I mentioned, interviews are taken with full voluntary consent of these pows. There are no "cuts", they just speak their mind....talking. Some of them are professional officers, but most are just disoriented, brainwashed  zombies sent to do harm. These journalists have conducted hundreds of interviews and I am confident saved lives... on both sides. I hope after this ridiculous war comes to an end, they will be honored for their tremendous effort.  Song, I hope, is self-explanatory.  All comments are welcomed. Thank you for giving this time.

Lemmings

Lyrics:
Old country road,
Thousands miles from home
Anonymous tribe of human lemmings
Keep on Coming... keep on coming
They forgot the meaning of the freedom,
shouting name of their king
Bloody Batu Khan has born again - seeding pain.

Was it a dream you saw as a child?
Was it something that was said by a stranger?
Wipers of world that so dark and unkind
Clues of imminent danger.

Long winter nights, yet centuries pass in a blink of an eye
They keep on dying, keep on dying
They forgot the feeling of the freedom,
shouting name of their king
Golden Horde is born again - seeding pain

Was it a dream you saw as a child?
Was it something that was said by a stranger?
Wipers of world that so dark and unkind
Clues of imminent danger.

Sweetbitter lies,
Time is an illusion - nothing lasts forever
They keep on sleeping, keep on sleeping.
They don't know the meaning of freedom-
dreaming of a brand new king.
Book had opened on a random page - breaking cage.

Tech stuff.
BIAB:
1174:Bass, Electric, PopCalypso Ev 100
1155:Organ, B3, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
4188:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBalladSlowJohnny Ev16 065
4171:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm FunkLondonSoulRiffsTrem Ev16 120
RealDrums:ReggaeClassic^3-a:Sidestick, Kick, HiHat , b:Sidestick Busy, HiHat

Synths:
Synthmaster, Kontakt

Recorded in Cakewalk.

Rustyspoon# #755039 02/22/23 10:58 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool vocals, and the usual funky grooving.

I wasn't that familiar with the historical references, but late night isn't a good time to read through a very long Wikipedia page.

Nice work! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Rustyspoon# #755041 02/22/23 11:24 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man! I thought I was going to be first but David beat me to it wink

Great track, Misha, very well written lyrics about an important topic.

Interesting backstory, and I wish the journalists well. I'm sure most of the Russian people don't have a clue what is really going on.

Good to see you with a new one, enjoyed!

Rustyspoon# #755045 02/23/23 12:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A very tidy job tying far off history with the geographic/war mongering history of today.
Sone wise.
FABULOUS.
You really have an affinity with ska/reggae inflected music.
No nits, no scabs to pick at...excellent song, arrangement & production.

Last edited by rayc; 02/23/23 12:08 AM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Rustyspoon# #755054 02/23/23 01:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,

Excellent lyrics, vocals and production. Your songs are always so interesting and well done.

Bob

Rustyspoon# #755057 02/23/23 02:56 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Meaningful work and imaginative track, Misha.

Vic

Rustyspoon# #755068 02/23/23 03:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful opening. Excellent lyrics delivered in a scary voice full of admonition. Excellent song, Misha. That sounds like a fascinating project of interviews. Fine arrangement and the prefect choice of instrumentation.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
Rustyspoon# #755081 02/23/23 04:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Cool Misha!

This song could apply to almost any time in history!

smile

Great job!

Rustyspoon# #755116 02/23/23 08:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
An anonymous tribe of brainwashed, zombie human lemmings in allegiance to an emperor with no shirt.

Nicely done, keep your creativity going.

Hopefully the truth is being broadcast in on tv and radio frequencies. Tell your journalist friends to keep up the good work.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Rustyspoon# #755120 02/23/23 09:01 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Vocally I would have expected the song to be more in the prog rock corner, I never thought this could work with reggae. And it works great!

Very well done!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Rustyspoon# #755234 02/24/23 05:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome song Nisha. Incredible lyric. Our world is in a very sad place. Super vocal and the backtrack was a big wow !!!.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Rustyspoon# #755270 02/24/23 10:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha, this is a fantastic song depicting what is happening in the war. This could be said about any war.

Super vocal with outstanding lyrics.
Great instrumentation and mix.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Rustyspoon# #755309 02/24/23 03:11 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha

Superbly arranged, you've don a great job musically.

Excellent vocal and lyric.

Top notch in all respects.

Peter

Rustyspoon# #755399 02/25/23 08:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Human lemmings, that's a very descriptive name for the blind followers of barbarians of any time.
Nice captivating intro. Rhytmically interesting and once again so much happening all the time.
I really like the guitars, the funky guitar has enjoyable rhythm, the solo guitarist fits the mood.
Cool chord progression. The vocals have likeable live quality.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Rustyspoon# #755404 02/25/23 08:55 AM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Misha,

Good to see you back on the board . . . Good write and love the back story to it. That must be very interesting following those reporters and experiencing that. But back to the song . . . you usual solid production . . . nice mix of different genre of real tracks to create a very compelling sounded. Who would have though a County Ballad guitar solo would work here . . . but it does and very well. Like that 4171 RealTrack guitar. All good stuff!

My very best to you,

Deej

Rustyspoon# #755418 02/25/23 09:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,

Killer Production (no pun intended).
You get the most original sounds from BIAB!!
Multiple listens required just to catch all the cool stuff going on.
Thoughtful, thought-provoking lyrics.

Always glad to see another of your creations pop up.
A true listening experience.

fj

Rustyspoon# #755501 02/26/23 01:22 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"inform young Russians of what is really going on"
Inform young Americans about WMD's in Iraq.
What is the common denominator, who created both of these.
If you ask people in different countries what's going on they will usually tell you the same as their leaders and media tell them, so this would be all different.
If you ask spiritually connected people in those countries they will all tell you the same thing. Just don't judge things with your physical eyes and analyze them with left brain processing.
If you are in a car crash and leave your body, you leave that left brain and eyes as you see them down on the ground and your consciousness expands into all understanding. You don't come back from that drawn into simplistic mainstream narratives, it's simply impossible, but until then let's all have a good old nuclear war, that'll teach em, mission complete.

What did I say about subconscious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEg6Ht2pNH0

Rustyspoon# #755599 02/26/23 02:11 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fabulous opening. Expertly crafted.

It's good to hear some more work from you.

Another great production.

Fascinating background on this song. Thanks for the education.

Rustyspoon# #756001 03/01/23 02:33 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
David,
Thank you for listening! Reference to Golden Horde is of Mongol invaision of Russia / Kievan Rus. That made pretty much most native people suffer in the region.
--
Dave,
Thank you for giving this time and your feedback! Sadly seems so.
--
Ray,
Thank you for listening and your thoughtful feedback!
--
Bob,
Thank you for listening and your feedback here and on SC!
--
Vic,
Thank you!
--
Marty,
Thank you for kind words. Yep, those journalists are doing extremely important and life saving work.
--
David,
Thank you for listening. Yes, that's the message, referring to historical conflict.
--
Bass Thumper,
Thank you for your feedback!
More like emperor with rotten brain.
--
B.D.
Thank you for the feedback. It didn't start as a reggae, but it just worked smile
--
Scott,
Thank you for your feedback here and on SC!
--
Mario,
Thank you for giving this time!
"This could be said about any war." - exactly.
--
Peter,
Thank you for listening and commenting.
--
Janne,
Thank you for giving this time and your feedback!
Sad that Finland has to deal with this nonsense too in a big way.
Have you ever heard Niet Molotoff song by Matti Jurva?
--
Deej,
Thank you for listening and your kind feedback!
--
FJ,
Thank you for listening and your support!
--
Musocity,
Thankfully, we have access to a lot of information and can make educated judgements.
--
Scott,
Thank you for giving this time and your support.

Rustyspoon# #756150 03/02/23 11:49 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha, Very interesting lyrics delivered convincingly. Well mixed and an overall excellent production, Tom

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,546
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173