Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#757770 03/13/23 12:25 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I set the FL Studio VST to -8 beats so the bar numbers line up with Biab, as FL Studio has no bar offset adjustment.
To get it to render without the count-in bars just highlight all bars in the chord sheet then render.
If you want the count-in bars set the FL VST to 0 and don't highlight bars in chord sheet unless you want to render selected bars.

Using Alt+F8 you can solo the BB track and generate up any sections while playing back in sync the other tracks in FL to get what you need to fit the FL song.
This way works a lot better than the current BBPlugin state.

Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0j2kcqlteg9a31/BB32-FL-Studio-VST.mp4?dl=0

Zoom++

Apprentice
Apprentice
This is indeed my favorite workflow. Much more efficient than dealing with BB Plugin.

Is there an easier way to permanently omit count-in during playback and export, while still keeping bar numbers synced?

Don't like that you have to highlight in chord sheet everytime when you need to playback/export.

Like in the picture, turn off count-in in BiaB. Should FL Studio still set to -8 with the need of highlighting?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot_20230313_171227.jpg (380.77 KB, 238 downloads)

A Canadian music producer, singer songwriter, composer, and professional guitarist.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You can actually Ctrl+A now to select all of the chord sheet (Ctrl+A used to Play).
Or they can add an option in the DRAG + to not include 2 bar count-in like you have in Audio Render.
Or you can go over to Image Line and request a bar offset adjust like most other DAW's have.
If you solo a track the Audio Render should just render the one track if it's on one file per track.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB23-Drag-+-Option-Count-in.png (7.26 KB, 228 downloads)
BB23-Audio-Render.png (9.44 KB, 227 downloads)
Apprentice
Apprentice
Warning: Musocity's method has a fatal flaw.

You can playback sync, but you can't render sync.

Did some testing recently, insert FL Studio as a plugin into BiaB, then put both audio and MIDI inside FL Studio. When playback in BiaB, FL Studio is synced and played perfectly. However, when export to a WAV/MP3, only the BiaB part can be rendered, anything inside FL Studio is muted and not being rendered to the WAV.

Sigh!

Quote:
This way works a lot better than the current BBPlugin state.

Currently I have to export FL Studio separately to a WAV, then drag that WAV back into BiaB as an audio track, then render the whole BiaB to a WAV. Quite counterproductive!

I hope Musocity would eventually come up with some ideas to fix this problem.

A Canadian music producer, singer songwriter, composer, and professional guitarist.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is a Biab issue as it renders fine in the DAW.
Just put some midi on the Biab FL Studio VSTi track and it should get that track to render.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
Just put some midi on the Biab FL Studio VSTi track and it should get that track to render.

So, did you mean just draw some random MIDI on the FL track in BiaB's mixer without inserting any synth plugin on that track, in which case the MIDI will generate no sound, but will trigger BiaB to render that track including the FL sound inside?

If that's what your saying, can the MIDI be a short piece of just a few notes, or it has to cover the entire length of the song in order for the "forced render" to work?

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I just copied midi from another track but you can just draw one note at the start and one at the end should be enough.

Apprentice
Apprentice
OK. I tried again today and failed.

In my FL Studio VST inserted, I have both audio tracks and an instrument track. For the instrument track, I have EZkeys plugin inserted to play piano sound by the MIDIs inside FL Studio.

Guess what? When I draw one random MIDI note in the FL track of the BiaB mixer, that track changes from white to yellow, then the entire track can be rendered to WAV by BiaB. However, the problem is, that random note is also being played by EZkeys inside FL Studio, ruined the song.

How to tackle this problem?

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Have a look in the Midi In settings it might be on Omni so it's inputting all channels from the BB piano roll track.
Or you can just use Element
set it to EXT for external sync and don't connect the Midi In.

If you use Element with FL just Save Group once you have it all set up how you want then just Load Group will load the VST chain without messing around.
This is normal with Biab "WORKAROUNDS" it don't work like everything else.

BB23-FL-Element.png (66.08 KB, 153 downloads)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
Warning: Musocity's method has a fatal flaw.

Did you eventually get that all working after that near death experience ?
You can just turn the velocities down on the Biab Piano Roll or you have the midi In channel set or the plugin midi channel set.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
Did you eventually get that all working after that near death experience ?

Nope, didn't work.

The temporary solution I get by, was to add a short MIDI notes at the very beginning of bar -1 on the FL track, so the entire FL track can be rendered to WAV. Because I never need to render or playback the two bar count in, I simply turn off bar -1 and bar 0 in the settings, so the little note at the beginning won't make a sound.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
When I tried it, it render the midi and audio tracks in FL along with the tracks in Biab.
As I said if you have the velocity off or set the midi channel it should all work fine.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
As I said if you have the velocity off or set the midi channel it should all work fine.

So, turning off velocity means drawing a curve at the bottom of piano roll screen, so the vertical line disappeared, that's velocity zero?

Also, how do I set MIDI channel? Set it in BiaB or in FL Studio? So the MIDI in BiaB won't trigger sound in FL Studio?

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

If you select a channel in the Biab Piano Roll then draw the notes.
You can Re-Route all channels to a selected channel by right click the Plugin.
Right click Track Settings > Midi Channel.

BB23-Note-Volocity.gif (110.7 KB, 116 downloads)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Anyone that wants to do the same but don't have FL Studio you can try
MuLab VST a DAW Inside Biab (Win Mac)
or RewireVST with Reaper.

Apprentice
Apprentice
This YouTube video shows the guy routed his keyboard controller's output to port 5, then he went to a plugin in FL and changed its input port to port 5, so his keyboard was connected to that plugin.

Didn't really do what I needed here. What I need, is to connect BiaB (instead of a keyboard), to the Empty sampler in FL, so that BiaB's piano roll is muted and doesn't make a sound.

I wonder if that can be done?

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
"However, the problem is, that random note is also being played by EZkeys inside FL Studio, ruined the song."
It's just a routing issue you have EZkeys set to take incoming midi, I'm sure in that video he went through that if not look at some other videos.
I don't use FL I use Reaper and it's just easy to set what midi comes to the VST from another track or hardware, FL would be the same.

Reaper-Midi-Track-Input.png (74.18 KB, 101 downloads)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Here's a video with routing

Apprentice
Apprentice
Here's the summary of what I have found during recent testings on FL Studio inserted inside BiaB.

Method 1: Change Note Velocity to Zero
Not working. Insert a note in the piano roll of the track in which FL Studio is inserted, and change that note's velocity to zero, is NOT going to work. When you render the song from BiaB, that zero velocity note is still going to make a weak sound, being not completely muted.

Method 2: Change MIDI Routing Settings
Working but complicated, not recommended. Changing MIDI input routing settings in FL Studio, so the note inserted in BiaB's piano roll is not making a sound when rendering, can be achieved, but messing with FL's routing settings is needed and not a pleasant thing to do.

Method 3: Hiding a Note in BiaB's Count-in Bars
Working. This is my preferred method.

Bottom Line
Having FL Studio inserted into BiaB as an external plugin and play VSTs inside that FL Studio instance syncing with BiaB, is a game changer. Because of this, I have already uninstalled RealBand and BBPlugin from my computer, and found no reason to install them ever again in the future.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
..Having FL Studio inserted into BiaB as an external plugin and play VSTs inside that FL Studio instance syncing with BiaB, is a game changer. Because of this, I have already uninstalled RealBand and BBPlugin from my computer, and found no reason to install them ever again in the future.

Awesome !
PG, please listen to how uses want to use Biab syncing to their DAW, and also fix it so Plugins are active without having to have midi notes on the track.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,635
Posts735,273
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181