I have owned a BIAB license in some form since around 2015, but I upgraded to the 2022 version last year. I installed it on an external SSD for best performance, and was able to use it on both my laptop and my desktop computer, both of which are Macs. However, just today, I noticed when I launched it on my desktop that it was running very slow, almost to the point of being unusable. It took a good 2 or 3 seconds for something to happen when I clicked, and the Style Picket took nearly 30 seconds to load... so it was just a terrible experience. And it started happening all of a sudden. However, I DID upgrade the CPU on my desktop to a 6-core Xeon E5645, so I wonder if the CPU upgrade is the cause of this issue, because like I said, last time I used this BIAB installation, it worked flawlessly on both systems.

Any ideas as to why this is the case? My system (desktop) is as follows:
- 5,1 Mac Pro
- 32 GB of RAM
- Radeon Pro 5500 video card
- 6-core E5645 (just did this upgrade--might be the cause for the issue)
- macOS Monterey 12.6.1 via OpenCore Legacy Patcher

In addition, I also installed BIAB onto my internal boot drive, which still ran slow, and a secondary 2 TB 3.5" drive I use for files, which also ran slow. The BIAB installation is up-to-date. So I guess in the meantime, I can continue to use BIAB on my laptop until I find a fix for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rm5; 03/15/23 09:28 AM.

He/Him. Gear: MP5,1, M1 MBA, iPad Air 4, P-115, PSR-S750, Saffire Pro 40, and more.