Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#760063 04/02/23 05:30 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
A Tiny Stone

This song got its inspiration probably from all those tiny stones that fill my shoes while enjoying long walks in nature. It feels quite time consuming to be emptying my shoes all the time, so sometimes I just let them be there, although I know possible consequences in the long run: broken socks, broken shoes, wounds, even other injuries because of bad posture etc. And this song is about that - how very tiny things can have big effect if they are not addressed. People may not realize that when they look only few days ahead. Although not ending into the song itself, I often think of a giant's kettle, how a tiny stone could drill a big hole, maybe unnoticable if observed for a day, but if the time scale is several centuries, you could see the effect.

I'm not very content with the verses, I just couldn't come up with better ideas. Maybe I have to refine them later, I hope that at least the environmental theme fits with the story. But I like how the chorus and the bridge express my thoughts more clearly.

I'm singing this time, but those nice Synth V ladies are accompanying me.

RealDrums: FootStompHornpipe^01-HlTo8,Sw16, CajonFolk16ths, AmericanaFunkyPopFred
RealTracks:
#1036:Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
#1602:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 065
#3059:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Muted16thsFintan Ev16 080
#3656:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm IndieGentlePush Ev16 080
#1902 Guitar, Acoustic, Background Bolero Ev 090

Mixed in Cakewalk by BandLab with effects: Ozone 10, Neutron 4, Neoverb, VX-64 Vocal Strip

Vocals by me, backing vocals by Synthesizer V Weina & Natalie

Lyrics:

You may think a piece of litter doesn't count
you may think a single man can't move a mountain
maybe you are right
your carbon footprint is small
there are worse polluters
but calculate how tall
your pile of dung will be
after life's long haul.

It could be just a tiny stone
in a walking shoe
but think about the damages
one thousand miles would do.
See it on a larger scale
the gathering of grime
we are all those tiny stones
that warp the wheels of time.

You may think a word of teasing doesn't hurt
you may think that few mean lies are harmless blurting
maybe you are right
your mouth brings just a short strain
but mental gallstones build up
the liver cannot drain
toxic thoughts will subtly
gnaw what's still humane.

It could be just a tiny stone...

It could take a decade
a clam to grow a pearl
it could take a life to heal
a wrong of a wicked world.
A plastic bag degraded
by the Gaia's tears
diamonds are formed in
billions of years.

It could be just a tiny stone...
------------------------
Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #760091 04/02/23 11:19 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Funny song with an unfunny message.
And I LOVE your Finnish accent.
I'm fine with the verses (I'm not a native speaker either, so take this with a grain of salt), but your singing rhythm could have more variation to get a better flow.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
jannesan #760107 04/02/23 12:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

Good song and a good mix. I also think this is one of your best vocals.

Well done!

Bob

jannesan #760120 04/02/23 03:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,
B.D. stole words out of my mouth. You have a wonderful sense of humor. Very interesting lyric structure. Gets a bit busy instrumentally at choruses, but vocal groove is strong enough to cut through. Cool tune. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

jannesan #760141 04/02/23 09:24 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Musically I really enjoyed the choruses.
The verses were very entertaining - funny story.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
jannesan #760143 04/03/23 12:32 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Mornin' Janne....

This is a creative write and good arrangement.
I'll gladly echo other comments also.

Well done and I enjoyed the listen.

jannesan #760166 04/03/23 04:43 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Janne,

A wonderful song you made. The lyrics are very good!
Like that chorus frase:
"It could be just a tiny stone
in a walking shoe
one thousand miles would do".

It makes you think about causes and effect again.

And I was waiting for a duet with you and the AI girls (Weina and Natalie).
A very good choice. It worked out very well.

I enjoyed the song a lot,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
jannesan #760232 04/03/23 09:36 AM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Janne,

A really creative idea for a song . . . I think the verses work well. The chorus melody is catchy . . . nice use of the vocaloids for the BGvs. Is that the Bolero playing the acoustic lead in the break? Works really well for me. I think you’ve done a great job executing on your idea. Good stuff!

Best regards,

Deej

jannesan #760280 04/03/23 01:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne, a very clever song.
Great vocal and mix.

"we are all those tiny stones
that warp the wheels of time."

That is a great line!

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
jannesan #760312 04/04/23 01:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Janne,

Very clever indeed!

Music sounds good, I liked the chorus especially. Guitar solo is perfect!

Enjoyed!

jannesan #760347 04/04/23 04:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Once again a brilliant song idea turned into a fun song, Janne. I always thoroughly enjoy your lyrics. Thanks to BD I'm starting to recognize Natalie's voice. Very cool progression, and excellent solo. Well built and presented.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
jannesan #760388 04/04/23 06:43 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Janne
Extremely cool song
Sounds great
The background track is excellent
The guitars are very well chosen
And the vocals are uniquely good
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

B.D.Thomas #760406 04/04/23 08:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Funny song with an unfunny message.
And I LOVE your Finnish accent.
I'm fine with the verses (I'm not a native speaker either, so take this with a grain of salt), but your singing rhythm could have more variation to get a better flow.

Thanks B.D. for your positive words smile Glad to hear that the verses work for you. You are right about my singing rhythm, maybe one day when I don't have to pay attention to technical things, I can concentrate on variations and other nuances.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

rsdean #760656 04/06/23 07:23 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janne,

Good song and a good mix. I also think this is one of your best vocals.

Well done!

Bob

Thanks Bob for your kind feedback smile Glad you liked my vocals, at least the song was quite easy to sing, that's why I gave my voice a chance.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Janne,
B.D. stole words out of my mouth. You have a wonderful sense of humor. Very interesting lyric structure. Gets a bit busy instrumentally at choruses, but vocal groove is strong enough to cut through. Cool tune. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Thanks Misha for your kind comment smile I didn't think this as a humorous song, but I feel honored to read your liking about my sense of humor... because I consider myself a humorist smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

rayc #760659 04/06/23 07:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Musically I really enjoyed the choruses.
The verses were very entertaining - funny story.

Thanks Ray, I appreciate your kind words smile Glad you liked the verses, I was thinking they were not fully expressing my ideas, but good to know that my message was understandable and funny after all.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Mornin' Janne....

This is a creative write and good arrangement.
I'll gladly echo other comments also.

Well done and I enjoyed the listen.

Thanks for your very kind review smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Birchwood #760913 04/08/23 08:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Janne,

A wonderful song you made. The lyrics are very good!
Like that chorus frase:
"It could be just a tiny stone
in a walking shoe
one thousand miles would do".

It makes you think about causes and effect again.

And I was waiting for a duet with you and the AI girls (Weina and Natalie).
A very good choice. It worked out very well.

I enjoyed the song a lot,
Hans

Thanks Hans for enjoying my song and your very kind comment smile Nice to hear that the chorus part made you think, that was its intention. I wasn't sure how well the AI girls would work with my voice, it wasn't easy to find a right balance between my voice and theirs, because they were so different, but glad to hear it worked out well.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #760920 04/08/23 09:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We agree wholeheartedly with your message in this song, Janne and the below lines particularly got our attention.

“we are all those tiny stones
that warp the wheels of time.”

“toxic thoughts will subtly
gnaw what's still humane.”

You and the girls sound great together too.

Excellent band, mix and we enjoyed reading about your inspiration for the lyric.

Well done!

J&B

jannesan #761013 04/09/23 01:16 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The chorus is killer and catchy. I like the instrumentation.

Interesting inspiration for your song and good message. I like your lyrics, in particular: "but calculate how tall/your pile of dung will be/after life's long haul." People need to be mindful of all the sh*t they're doing and spewing.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,544
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173