Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
YOUR LOVE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE

I originally posted this a couple of days ago and immediately had critical comments on various aspects of the presentation, so I took advice from Alan and addressed the bass volume increasing as much as the mix would allow without clipping occurring and rolled off some highs on the lead vocal. Andi suggested a louder rhythm guitar presence in the mix which I applied. I also had negative comments on the drum sound which baffled me. I used EZ drummer on this and chose them because they fit my vision for this song better! I was concerned about not turning this into a hard rock sound but a more laid-back swing feel with the drums, plus the fills and grooves aligned with my playing better. I did change the kit which gave a fuller sound. I am not above taking constructive criticism but I am now pretty satisfied with what I have and will probably not be making any more changes with the mix or instrumentation other than Ron and I probably working on the verses and bridge to upgrade the lyrics there. we scratched out these verses in just a few minutes the other day. I already had the chorus. Thanks again for giving it another spin. TB

BIAB- Organ 675 B3 (a lot of splitting the track in places to have chords hitting on pushed beats)

Me
Vocals
Electric guitar-Fender Ultra Telecaster used on several tracks for leads and rhythm parts
Acoustic guitar-Yamaha FGX5 Red Label
Bass-Harley Benton Ric copy
Piano-Yamaha PRS 975s Grand Piano patch

Drums-Toontrack EZ Drummer(don't usually use these but really liked the sound of this kit)

Intro ethereal loop-stock Studio One loop

Your Love Won't Leave Me Alone
words and music by
Torrey Bliss/Ron Helm
©2023 Glass Gate Music BMI
On a course for nowhere
And was well on my way
Didn't know where I was going
I could arrive any day
Walking in the darkness
Feet stuck down in the sand
Then from out of nowhere
You took hold of my hand

Your love won't leave me alone
No matter where I run
It follows me where I go
You know that I'm no good on my own
I know that I'll never deserve just how

I was on a train going nowhere
And nowhere's so hard to find
Down the tracks you keep going
To the end of the line
Then you changed my destination
And you changed my mind
Then you met me at the station
And you were there right on time

No matter where I run
It follows me where I go

You said step in the light
And leave the darkness behind
It's where you're waiting for me
With arms open wide
How you never gave up on me it blows my mind
You'll help me make up all of the lost time

Your love won't leave me
No matter where I run
It follows me where I go
Your love won't leave me
It'll still be there when everything else is all gone

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well I certainly dig this song and this mix

Sounds great to me!

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
COOL Torrey,
That HB bass does a very cool job.
I like it's level in the mix.
As with all TB songs the band is spot on and the perfect cradle for THAT voice.
You've nestled that organ in well...yes, they often take an huge effort in slip n slide placement but sound ace.

To my ears the main difference between your songs and most other P&W or faith based songs is that they are, in their own right, quality music pieces with lyrics that address the point at hand while still being universally open to interpretation.

It's a very cool song, I agree about the drums - I wish I'd've heard the previous kit, nothing wrong with a light touch...not every song needs a 2000+ power house rhythm section...not every song is a dance epic.

I hope you're recovering well...I do know that your music is still on it's straight ahead progressive path.
WELL DONE!

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey ...

This is a really strong mix! It really drives. That panning effect at 2:04 is great! Nice work on the remixing. Sounding top shelf across the board.

Take care and continue to get better.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great mix, Torrey.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Torrey,

A cool passionate song!
I think I can agree with what Ray wrote about the song and the lyrics.
Even if you are not religious, this message can also be of use.
it is important to know that surrendering to another force can be beneficial

The mix sounds very good to me, but I'm used to hear good mixes from you.
Therefore I was amazed reading about the critics on a former version.
On the other hand, it's also good you listened to them. This song was wonderful!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I didn't hear the first version you posted but this one is awesome, Torrey! Great guitar fills and harmonies to a stellar lead vocal! Wonderful production and vocals surprises throughout.

Dewey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey,

This sounds great. I also thought the other mix sounded great as well. I think this new version has a fuller sound.

Either way, this is a great song and your performance is outstanding.

Bob

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Torrey.
As Bob said, this version has a fuller sound.
You've done a really good job with it.
I also think that you don't have to change anything soundtechnically.
Really good work Torrey
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Torrey...the remix is spot-on...I heard the first cut you posted and the subtle "fixes" were the icing on the cake...you and Ron are a superior writing/composing team (though I suspect you are the melody-master)...I agree with Ray's observation about how you handle your subject matters and you masterfully give great themes universal appeal...I am a "super-fan" of your ability to do this skillfully and uncompromisingly...you're the guy that got the "ten talents" so keep investing them! BTW this is one of your best (maybe because of the swing!)

As with everyone else on the forum I continue to believe for your full and complete recovery (from a music perspective it sounds like you're already there).

My best
Dan

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey,

Love the opening.

Your vocals sound good. I thought the harmonies could be a bit louder.
Guitars are cool.
The Bass has a great Tight sound.
I like the drums (wanted just a hair more "clarity" to the snare)
A cool Pop sound.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey, IMHO this one is finished.

Everything in this version is perfect.

Loved it.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Love it - it's like a blast from the past. laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks David!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, Ray, Alan, Vic, Hans, Dewey, Bob, Andi, Dan, Mario, Floyd and David for listening and commenting! I appreciate it! TB

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Sounds great. The mix and production is crisp and powerful. The vocals and lead guitar sits perfectly in the mix. EZDrummer sounds full and fills in the gaps. Nice job on this one

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I like how it makes my head bob side-to-side. Sounds terrific, Torrey. The mix is perfect, and your vocals are always the highest quality. Your songs are so much fun to hear and a real gas to play. You have a professional style all your own, and I love it.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The mix sounds great to us. Your vocal and instrumental performances are excellent.

So many times your sound reminds us of the Beatles and in this instance more specifically of Paul’s music.

Another fine write, performance and mix!

We especially liked:
"I was on a train going nowhere
And nowhere's so hard to find
Down the tracks you keep going
To the end of the line
Then you changed my destination
And you changed my mind
Then you met me at the station
And you were there right on time"

Enjoyed it!

J&B

PS IMHO mix suggestions need to be delivered with a boat load of salt. We welcome them and appreciate the time one takes to offer them but if we are happy with a mix then, well, we are happy with it. smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey,
It seems your talent well is bottomless. This had to be heard twice to even get a taste. Fantastic energy and stellar performance. Very creative mix. AMAZING! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Elliott, Marty, J&B and Misha for your kind comments on this tune! Ron And I both certainly appreciate it! TB

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,749
Posts736,959
Members38,563
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
taylor davis, spec96, Nethan Paul, LesNewzealand, CCCreator
38,562 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186