sat there in the dark to think
   how i don't need anything
   except for you
   you're my deepest wish
   you're that soft sweet kiss
   i've never felt love like this
   except for you

it's just a few more days 'til you're home again
i pray my heart can hold out 'til then...

i pour myself another drink
   sit here in the dark and think
   how i don't need anything
   except for you
   you're my deepest wish
   you're that soft sweet kiss
   i've never felt love like this
   except for you
   except for you

Do your thing.

fj

floyd jane #774588 08/22/23 11:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one. Tracks sound good. What's not to like about this? Another Floyd classic.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
floyd jane #774593 08/22/23 12:28 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd / Bill,

This is an exceptional write...

"funny how time apart
can teach you what is real
how reaching from a distance
lets you touch the way you feel"

Wow!

The guitars are exquisite in this recording, especially the fingerpicked acoustic. The mix is radio-pro all the way and ready for air time.

I love the soaring vocal. Floyd, you know how to bring the heartbreak with your voice / performance.

A new favorite for me - I loved EVERYTHING about this.

Bob

floyd jane #774615 08/22/23 03:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice write. I liked how the delayed drum came in and added punch to the chorus. Subtle harmonies.

Guitar before the second verse did its job. "Cyberspace"... haven't heard that in a while.

Guitar after the second chorus does nice build into the bridge and gives an even bigger lift to the final verse.

Crunchy chords. Piano fills in the background just right.

Of course, the vocals are perfect.

Nice mix, too. Textbook perfect! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
floyd jane #774632 08/22/23 08:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
'it's just a few more days 'til you're home again
i pray my heart can hold out 'til then..."
That relieves the aching empathy a little bit.
Your voice & the way you use it are the winning elements in this but the lyrics melody and arrangement asre terrific.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
floyd jane #774644 08/23/23 01:43 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, you are such a gem at writing lyrics, Floyd. The first verse is like the opening of a good book how it gives the visual and you know there is a story coming. The music tells us it's probably not a happy one. You should write a book, Floyd. You're always so relatable. Outstanding on all levels!!!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
rsdean #774660 08/23/23 03:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Nice one. Tracks sound good. What's not to like about this? Another Floyd classic.

Thanks for listening, Herb

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd / Bill,

This is an exceptional write...

"funny how time apart
lets you touch the way you feel"

Wow!

The guitars are exquisite in this recording, especially the fingerpicked acoustic. The mix is radio-pro all the way and ready for air time.

I love the soaring vocal. Floyd, you know how to bring the heartbreak with your voice / performance.

A new favorite for me - I loved EVERYTHING about this.

Bob

Much appreciated, Bob...

floyd jane #774666 08/23/23 05:05 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
It's always easy to tell where your chorus kicks in, Floyd! Great twist in the bridge!! Vox, production build, etc. all spot-on, as usual.

Dewey

floyd jane #774678 08/23/23 06:27 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
That's a winning vocal. Lyrics so simply written to make it sound easy, and the way it builds. Wonderful.
Good band too.

Vic

floyd jane #774699 08/23/23 11:33 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
When you and Bill write together, there's always something magical about it.
I like how you make me believe for most of the song that she has left him forever. Very good.

Arrangement, mix and production are good (as always), and what I like best is your vocal performance (as always smile ).

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
rayc #774759 08/24/23 04:47 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice write. I liked how the delayed drum came in and added punch to the chorus. Subtle harmonies.

Guitar before the second verse did its job. "Cyberspace"... haven't heard that in a while.

Guitar after the second chorus does nice build into the bridge and gives an even bigger lift to the final verse.

Crunchy chords. Piano fills in the background just right.

Of course, the vocals are perfect.

Nice mix, too. Textbook perfect! laugh

Thanks, David. That was my reaction to "cyberspace" when Bill sent me the original lyric - and that was 10 years ago. I considered changing it, but after a while became accustom to it.

Originally Posted By: rayc
'it's just a few more days 'til you're home again
That relieves the aching empathy a little bit.
Your voice & the way you use it are the winning elements in this but the lyrics melody and arrangement asre terrific.

Thanks, ray. Appreciate the comment on the vocals, for sure. The quoted lines are all Bill. He is an excellent writer. My job there was to find a melody that would match the sentiment and provide added buildup/power/release... Hopefully, that all worked...

floyd jane #774774 08/24/23 08:49 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd & Bill...that was another exceptional write...perfect arrangement IMHO...adding the right instrument at the right time is the art of arranging a song or a score and you are so gifted at that...you guys always tell a compelling story with your lyrics...it's seamless and conversational and always rapped in a great melody...no exception here!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
floyd jane #774785 08/24/23 09:58 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Haven't been here in a while ... logged on, today. Saw this, thought: missed hearing a floyd jane song, let's give it a spin.

"funny how time apart
lets you touch the way you feel."

Exceptional lyrics.

"it's just a few more days 'til you're home again

Superb twist. Until here, I was (quite on purpose, right?) led to believe that her absence was permanent. This signalled her awaited return. Wow - so well done. I could feel my heart breathe in relief smile

Your vocals, especially in the last verse, where you sing in a strong dynamic, are really, really, really brilliant. SO difficult to sing at this slow speed without one's voice cracking or playing other tricks on one. You are a master of this kind of thing, and your voice never betrays you, but holds true. I am so wowed by this.

One of your very best. Hats off.

Dewey_MI #774869 08/25/23 10:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Man, you are such a gem at writing lyrics, Floyd. The first verse is like the opening of a good book how it gives the visual and you know there is a story coming. The music tells us it's probably not a happy one. You should write a book, Floyd. You're always so relatable. Outstanding on all levels!!!

Thank, Marty. Bill really deserves the credit for the lyric. He's such a fine lyricist that I seldom need to do more than make a few subtle changes to make it work (and sing properly) for wherever I take the melody (so we are kind of in a Taupin/John mode).

Originally Posted By: Dewey_MI
It's always easy to tell where your chorus kicks in, Floyd! Great twist in the bridge!! Vox, production build, etc. all spot-on, as usual.

Dewey

Thanks, Dewey...

floyd jane #774900 08/26/23 12:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another great song from you, Floyd! Your stuff always sounds so pro. Tip of the hat to Bill for the lyrics too of course.

Excellent!

B.D.Thomas #774968 08/27/23 07:29 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
That's a winning vocal. Lyrics so simply written to make it sound easy, and the way it builds. Wonderful.
Good band too.

Vic

Thanks, vic...

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
When you and Bill write together, there's always something magical about it.
I like how you make me believe for most of the song that she has left him forever. Very good.

Arrangement, mix and production are good (as always), and what I like best is your vocal performance (as always smile ).

Thanks, Brian. I enjoyed writing with Bill. He had his craft down pat. But, more important was that he knew how to put emotion and passion ("heart") into a lyric. That is not always the case with people who just write lyrics (seldom the case, actually). We had a couple dozen co-writes in the course of 3 months...

floyd jane #774978 08/27/23 12:47 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I read through the lyrics first, and for some reason, I expected a faster tempo. It was a pleasant surprise to hear the opening acoustic and singing. The lyric also changed expectations when we get to the bridge.

Exceptionally strong vocal performance.

floyd jane #774981 08/27/23 01:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, you have posted some outstanding songs on this site but IMHO this is your best to date.

You and Bill's lyrics are astronomical. As I was listening I said what a beautiful sad song. Then you hit me with these lines "it's just a few more days 'til you're home again
i pray my heart can hold out 'til then..." WOW! Brilliant!

You always have the perfect backing tracks for your songs.

Another winner that should be on the radio.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
floyd jane #775059 08/28/23 01:48 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
FJ,
you and Bill have amazing musical bond. Super tune. Lyrics have a Sting feel to them. Exellent vocals and phrasing. Super arrangement! Electric solo worked really well. I went to check your band list, but it seems not there. Was it played? Ace collab and thank you for sharing.
Misha.

floyd jane #775061 08/28/23 03:06 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Exceptional vocals, excellent arrangement, great write.

Another in a long showcase of engaging pro songs.

Peter

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,546
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173