Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
RealBand Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
mcity.

ive given up ever seeing that rb pic come to fruition....sigh.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/13/23 07:34 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I could convert all the RB track bmp's to png and create a reaper RB skin then just script the functions you need in reaper. You could even create a toolbar in reaper with all the RB toolbar buttons.

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

RealBand Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
mcity.

actually as ive said before my preference is to do everything in rb so i'm not wasting creation time f!itting tween various song production apps...

right now all i need is a few features to be added to rb so i can achieve such. one major one being in the rb pickers the ability to audition styles/rd's/rt's etc with my song chord sheet arrangement.rather than canned demos which dont give me perspective viz an original song.
i'd be dancing around the house...lol.

imho rb could be up for tek awards with a more aggressive development cycle. everytimei i use rb i look at it and sigh as an old tech re its potential.
and thinking to myself 'it doesnt even need a lot'...double sigh.
it baffles me why just a few things are done each year for us rb users when there
are big opportunities to make big inroads into the daw marketplace.
please dont get me started...lol...

back to metering if were me i'd just add a feature to the track metering already there by adding input monitoring.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/14/23 05:43 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
If they go ahead with the BBPlugin how I have illustrated so many times it will be able to play demos using the chord sheet instantly rather than having to get bbw4 to render the song into RAM then render down to wav, this then could be used in RealBand the same way but it too would have to get rid of bbw2 running in the background and integrate the code directly into RealBand but this would be a massive job for old RealBand and probably why they didn't do it in the first place. I think RealBand will remain what it is neglectedware that will get a few tweaks now and then.
I said about be able to SEE what is being recorded in 2013 and only now there is talk about this that it might be added.
In the Biab forum users are asking why no updates or and fixes since July:
Originally Posted by musocity
I remember when Biab/RB was released bi-annually but then they made the Mac version and a lot of time is spent on that as apple keep changing things so apps don't work anymore when they have weekly updates and upgrades. You also had the BBPlugin that uses Biab in the background so that has to be maintained when features and functions are added to the VST to communicate.
Hopefully the new BBPlugin will contain all the generate code and won't need Biab or the Biab programmers giving more time back to them to fix the main Biab issues when not working on the Mac version because of apple's screw ups. At least Biab is not totally neglectedware like RealBand.
EDIT: also there could very well be lots of time going into the 2024 version because of big changes ???
Jeff might of been given a 5min break from full time Biab programming to add a few things to RB ??
That's why I look towards the BBPlugin with the self contained crossplatform JUCE C++ code to develop independently without having to wait for Delphi programmers to work on bbw4.
I did love RB at one time https://www.realband.org/

RealBand Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I think Jeff made one real good point here the focus has never been on making RB just like every other DAW. Does it need some upgrades, yes, and at the same time it does just about every thing every other DAW does just a bit different. I remember as Mcity put it in another thread, he remembered that i resisted his idea 10 years ago on individual solo buttons. I did because the global solution worked just fine in my personal workflow as I am sure it did for many others as well, but i admit that in retrospect the solo button upgrade was a good idea. Was it necessary? No but either way it works, just different. I recent dialog with Jeff I have come to see that well over half the time i make a suggestion regarding a change in RB to match the "norm" in other DAWs he shows me a way RB handles that request that while different it is actually very effective and sometimes better. We have to also look at why RB is different, first off it was designed from the get go to marry BiaB with PT. and in that respect it is very different. Comparing it to Studio one, Cakewalk, and Reaper can at times be silly since none of them even come close to doing what RB can do in regards to Track generation. Some of the "odd" features at odd to those who are familiar with more mainstream DAWs are their for a reason and it has to do with the family relationship with BiaB and the native access to BiaB files. I do think the references to 90s thinking are not only un necessary but actually somewhat rude and condescending. Since the 90s only BiaB has been able to accomplish what they have with generating audio Loops, Midi, and such on the level they do. No other DAW can even begin to touch this as they have and that includes RB It is truly amazing.

There are few things that are needed. Some of those are being addressed hopefully in 2024 and others maybe in 2025. I think those that use RB on a daily basis while looking forward to annual upgrades would also be very unhappy if it became a hybrid of Studio one and RB, or Reaper for that matter. RB is what it is and hopefully it will continue to grow and upgrade. The one thing i truly believe that PGM is missing out on with RB is it should be Win and Mac. I know they say that is difficult but BiaB was once Win only and now it is both Bite the bullet guys and port it over to Mac. Mac may be a smaller audience but as Peter noted this year, it is the faster growing one. Have a meeting and get that done by 2025. I will tell you that for me my primary studio is Mac. If RB was Mac i would probably use it full time for everything but final mixing as i do that in Mixbus. However i just bought the Mixbus 32C plugin to use in other DAWs. If i can use that in RB and I also have the SSL master strip i can emulate all that Mixbus 32C does right in RB

Let's talk about the plugin, MCity you said the plugin is the future as it blends with many DAWs and gives all DAW users access to the Basics of BiaB generation in their DAW of choice. I whole heartedly agree with you on that. I truly hope that it gets some love this cycle, and that opens up more sales to new users. Direct to disc is a great upgrade. I would love to see PG cut it loose from BiaB and sell it separately with a nice selection of RTs and RDs and maybe some Library upgrades that would be a winner.

Look everyone on this thread is a solid contributor to this product, lets going forward refrain from derogatory and inflammatory comments and stay positive. offer good ideas, but allow PGM to progress at the pace they can swallow. The world is to filled with negativity for that to happen here. We are here because we all have a love for music and it's creation. Let's remember this is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful and hurtful. Best to you all, and go make a new song.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
If you get a few long term uses saying I love RB, it's different, it's quirky, I'm used to it. That makes PG feel good.
But at the end of the day unless you get new younger users coming here and saying WOW this is great,.... but in reality do you get this ?
Can you show your post to a younger audience and convince them RB is the future ?
Is the continuation of RB and the few little tweaks it gets at the end of the year just to appease a few long term users that are happy with whatever father xmas gives them ?
I see old muso year after year try really hard to get things added, and I see him year after year disappointment, I FEEL THAT, I feel the pain. Is there really any purpose in this wishlist other than to give false hope ?
At it's current development what do you see the life span to be, how far into the future do you see it going let alone getting a Mac version ?
I showed Reaper reading the Biab wav instructions and instantly loading those wma/wav tracks giving full creative control. I do this for PG, all the time and trouble I go to over the years doing deep dives into it, I don't sell this myself and make money on it.
When I came here back in 2009 maybe I should of went with the status quo and not complain about issues, don't rock the boat, don't speak out, be happy at xmas time with whatever PG gives, what would be the easiest thing to do and be liked ?
I liken it to exactly what's going on in the USA now, it says it all.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I'm using the single Solo button method in another DAW but it doesn't loose the selected tracks when I highlight the chord sheet or bars:
Zoom++

Zoom++

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
If anyone needs the 2009 with the single Solo button and the customizable modular button panels, there's even a Fax number:
(you can't run an old version on a Mac, Win no problem)

Zoom++

RealBand Wishlist
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
In the Tracks Window, shift click on overview section can change the highlighting without affecting selected tracks. Also clicking on time line in Tracks Window, and then pressing F7 for the start of highlighted area or F8 for the end of highlighted area.

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 11/19/23 01:13 AM.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Adding more tracks to RB and all this wav data needs still to be saved in the SEQ, these could grow immensely.
If you could load a wma or wav file non destructively this would increase RB's usability no end

Here's the thread you can see them getting Reaper to play wma direct with Media Foundation, after some dramas it all worked out.
v6.56+dev0430 - April 30 2022

This would be a very big step, allowing RB to read frozen SGU tracks instantly into RB,
it could just read the wav instructions from bbw2 directly into RB without bbw2 having to decompress wma, load sections into RAM then render down to wav then load into RB.

RealBand Wishlist
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
Agree, but that would involve a major rewrite of the track structure. In the meantime, with the advent of NVMe SSDs, the decompression and rendering to disk is faster than it used to be.

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 11/28/23 06:16 PM.

Jeff Yankauer
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
You still need to fill M2 or SSD up with wav files unnecessarily.
Major rewrite, if you had to go that way maybe it would be better to go for major, major rewrite like JUCE and have a version at the same time for all operating systems: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android, as well as VST, VST3, AU, AUv3, AAX and LV2 plug-ins.

I don't know, you need to look down the track a bit, what would be the best way to go ??
The BBPlugin will be released in a few days that should give an idea of the way things will go depending on what state that is at now. Hopefully it should have all the generate code contained within the JUCE and to play the wma files direct like sforzando, or playing the wma files direct from the bbw4 wav instructions, or with not much change how it is now.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Jeff Yankauer
Agree, but that would involve a major rewrite of the track structure.

How major was the track view and Riff Edit write in BB24 ?
You were probably the one working on it smile

This is a frozen SGU and all the sections are shown instantly, and you can edit them non destructively.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Poor old RealBand it just needs some love, a neglected little brother, what if you just copy that BB24 tracks code over when nobody's looking smile

RealBand Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
LOL

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,660
Posts735,526
Members38,529
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
William L, gman97040, kadju, theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay
38,528 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173