Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#779376 10/19/23 05:51 PM
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Here's some Texas two-step gospel...I've had several versions of this mix but here's where I've settled...so if you do...thanks for listening...Dan

We Were There
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5254415

Title: We Were There
Key=Bb , Tempo 126, Length (m:s)=3:59
RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in song: ~1296:Fiddle, Background WesternSwing Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~1296:Fiddle, Background WesternSwing Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~~1134:Pedal Steel, Rhythm WesternSwing Sw 165
RealTracks in song: 1871:Fiddle, Soloist WesternSwingAndy Sw 165
RealDrums in style:NashvilleSwing8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I added: vocals and piano


www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
firesong #779378 10/19/23 06:13 PM
User Showcase
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,652
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,652
Catchy melody, great singing, gospel harmony, good write, solid backing...

Nice bits on the piano!

It's all there. smile


-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
firesong #779465 10/20/23 09:05 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,637
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,637
Dan,

Great, great song and vocal. This sounds like it could have been done by The Stamps Quartet...

Loved the production as well.

Bob

rsdean #779600 10/21/23 09:11 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by dcuny
Catchy melody, great singing, gospel harmony, good write, solid backing...

Nice bits on the piano!

It's all there. smile
Thanks David...I appreciate your comments...Dan

Originally Posted by rsdean
Dan,

Great, great song and vocal. This sounds like it could have been done by The Stamps Quartet...

Loved the production as well.

Bob
Thanks Bob...really glad you enjoyed the song...Stamps Quartet goes way back in gospel music...thanks for the comparison...Dan


www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
firesong #779608 10/21/23 10:01 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,120
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,120
That's just as spot on as it can be. Need a bunch of strong vocals to pull this off, and you brought all of them. Had to rewind when the spoken part kicks off in the background about 2/3 of the way through. Thought it was the neighbors. Nope, just a cool detail in your tune. Ha! Thanks!


DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
firesong #779621 10/21/23 11:51 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,795
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,795
Ghosts of the Bob Wills band in the background.
Fine tune.

Vic

firesong #779792 10/23/23 07:57 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,684
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,684
Dan,

Solid. (of course!)

Amazing vocals.
Nice piano. The fiddle solo is put together nicely.
Mix is good. Jumps out of the speakers!

fj

firesong #779818 10/23/23 12:44 PM
User Showcase
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,559
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,559
Nice and catchy song, I especially like your vocals and those harmonies.
And I love what you did with the piano, it adds a lot to the song.


Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by DC Ron
That's just as spot on as it can be. Need a bunch of strong vocals to pull this off, and you brought all of them. Had to rewind when the spoken part kicks off in the background about 2/3 of the way through. Thought it was the neighbors. Nope, just a cool detail in your tune. Ha! Thanks!
Ron...thanks for your comments...kinda wanted a loose feel with the vocal adlibs...glad you caught them...Dan
Originally Posted by vicarn
Ghosts of the Bob Wills band in the background.
Fine tune.

Vic
Hey Vic ...Texas two step...Bob Wills is exactly what I was shooting for...the AhhHah was my tribute to him...thanks for your comments...Dan
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Dan,

Solid. (of course!)

Amazing vocals.
Nice piano. The fiddle solo is put together nicely.
Mix is good. Jumps out of the speakers!

fj
Floyd...I always appreciate your thoughts and comments...yeah I love Andy's fiddle playing...Dan
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Nice and catchy song, I especially like your vocals and those harmonies.
And I love what you did with the piano, it adds a lot to the song.
Brian...I appreciate your piano comments...it means a lot coming from a keyboard guy...Dan


www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
firesong #779886 10/24/23 02:35 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,114
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,114
Hi Dan,

Another solid song!
Vocals are right on the money as per usual! Nice work on the piano too, adds that special touch.
Nice!

firesong #779909 10/24/23 06:52 AM
User Showcase
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 3,385
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 3,385
I've heard of the 39 Steps, the 12-step program, and an undetermined amount of steps before the queen, but the two-step to heaven? Man, wish it were that easy, huh? Well, this song is an easy way to have fun on the way. Another good write, Dan. So well produced. Sounds terrific. This could be a great song for the credit-roll of a great movie. What an ending, too, with everyone happily two-stepping into the fade.


Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
firesong #779940 10/24/23 10:18 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,746
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,746
Pleasure to listen to a song full of so much joy. Interesting band choice works well and the vocals and harmonies are excellent.

Janne


Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #779946 10/24/23 11:39 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Hi Dan,

Another solid song!
Vocals are right on the money as per usual! Nice work on the piano too, adds that special touch.
Nice!
Thanks Dave...glad you enjoyed...Dan
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
I've heard of the 39 Steps, the 12-step program, and an undetermined amount of steps before the queen, but the two-step to heaven? Man, wish it were that easy, huh? Well, this song is an easy way to have fun on the way. Another good write, Dan. So well produced. Sounds terrific. This could be a great song for the credit-roll of a great movie. What an ending, too, with everyone happily two-stepping into the fade.
Marty...Marty...man I like the way you think...your comments are always thoughtful and encouraging...thanks...Dan
Originally Posted by jannesan
Pleasure to listen to a song full of so much joy. Interesting band choice works well and the vocals and harmonies are excellent.

Janne
Janne...your comments are well appreciated...thanks so much...Dan


www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
firesong #779961 10/24/23 01:32 PM
User Showcase
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 14,072
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 14,072
You have a very laid back mellow feel to this one and it fits with the lyric well.

Fine vocals and a tight band too!

Well done,

J&B

firesong #779978 10/24/23 03:24 PM
User Showcase
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,815
D
Expert
Offline
Expert
D
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,815
Dan,

What a great vibe on this one! Catchy toe-tapper with an uplifting message. That last line of the chorus is just terrific—very sing-along-able . . . in fact, the whole song is. Your usual great vocal work and production. Impressive outing . . . just a wonderful tune.

All my best to you,

Deej

Deej56 #780055 10/25/23 09:29 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
You have a very laid back mellow feel to this one and it fits with the lyric well.

Fine vocals and a tight band too!

Well done,

J&B
Janice & Bud...thanks so much for your comments...I always look forward to hearing from you and value your thoughts...Dan
Originally Posted by Deej56
Dan,

What a great vibe on this one! Catchy toe-tapper with an uplifting message. That last line of the chorus is just terrific—very sing-along-able . . . in fact, the whole song is. Your usual great vocal work and production. Impressive outing . . . just a wonderful tune.

All my best to you,

Deej
Deej...I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the song...tapping toes was a major goal for me on this one and bringing an uplifting message as well...thanks for your comments...Dan


www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
firesong #780127 10/25/23 04:54 PM
User Showcase
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 479
Journeyman
Offline
Journeyman
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 479
This is quite different style for you, Dan! It works really well though and the production is spot on as usual. Of course, I always love the messages of your songs - God is Good!

Dewey

Dewey_MI #780198 10/26/23 09:33 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
This is quite different style for you, Dan! It works really well though and the production is spot on as usual. Of course, I always love the messages of your songs - God is Good!

Dewey
Dewey...I appreciate your comments...He is...All the time! Dan


www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
firesong #780202 10/26/23 11:13 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 479
Journeyman
Offline
Journeyman
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 479
And all the time...God is good!

firesong #780267 10/27/23 05:26 AM
User Showcase
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 18,882
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 18,882
Hi Dan.

This is outstanding listening. The music, the lyrics, the arrangement, the singing and the production are all really well put together. It's easy to hear that you are a very skillful musician across the many aspects of song creation. As soon as the song started playing, the first thing I did was smile, because the song immediately felt comfortable and enjoyable.

I really enjoyed going where this song took me.

All the best,
--Noel


MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,612
Posts735,092
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185
DC Ron 101
dcuny 83
DrDan 74
Today's Birthdays
brijb20, Erik S. te M.
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5