Page 1 of 2 1 2
#779561 10/21/23 04:22 AM
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi All,

Earlier this year I posted a song called "Halfway Through Poughkeepsie".

There was also an unposted companion song - this is called Poughkeepsie Rain.

Fire the engines
Close my eyes
Point me east
Clear the skies
I don’t care
Or need to explain
Bring me down
In Poughkeepsie rain

Build your dream
Become a ghost
Say your goodbyes
Say you’ll miss me most
Wrap yourself
In California chains
I’ll be sleeping
Through Poughkeepsie rain

East coast girl
Hudson Valley child
Living so large
In gold coast style
Years go bye
Time is a train
Springtime comes
With Poughkeepsie rain

So give the world
Your charm and soul
Don’t be scared
Should we grow old
I made my peace
When I chose to remain
Just east of the Hudson
In Poughkeepsie rain
East of the Hudson
In Poughkeepsie rain
Over the walkway
In Poughkeepsie rain

BIAB Tracks:
2475: Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085
2195: Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm Ev 085
3059: Guitar, Acoustic, RhythmMuted16ths Ev 085
RealDrums: CongasShakerEv16
Ozone: Vinyl & Analog Treatment

As always - thanks for listening!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bob.

I learnt some American geography from these lyrics. Thanks for the boost to my education smile

I love everything about this. The restful-yet-hopeful mood created by the arrangement and the production, and the classic, full-of-imagery Robert Dean story telling.

You definitely own this genre and know how to get the very best from it.

This is really fine music.
--Noel

P.S. After hearing this, I'm going to investigate that "Vinyl and Analogue" setting in Ozone. The final product sounded excellent.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, I'm really enjoying this second part of the journey, Bob Dean. Excellent chice of percussion. Always wonderful lyrics, and this line tells me I know this gal.
"East coast girl
Hudson Valley child
Living so large
In gold coast style"

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Noel,

That's very kind - thank you.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
The lyrics are incredible. The story is beautiful. I love the singing and the "minimalist" approach. I honestly don't know how you do it; how you take a few chords, a minimalist melody, some fabulous lyrics, a moving story - and make it all into a masterpiece, each and every time. But that, you do - so, congratulations.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, so good! Love how you bring in the percussion. Great lyrics as always, with your signature vocal sound. Not normally a fan of fade out endings, but it worked a treat.

Good one, Bob, enjoyed.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Well I didn't know that, Bob.
Love the treatment and the lyrics are a special colour.
I was thinking John Prine as I listened.
Great stuff.

Vic

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Cool relaxing song and lovely lyrics. Well done and sung.

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Appropriately, the rain has been pounding on my flat roof and getting harder by the minute.

I'm feeling bad for the folk down the street who are having their church festival today.

Cool soundscape! Folky with some backbeat percussion.

Build your dream/Become a ghost
   Say your goodbyes/Say you’ll miss me most

For a short song, you manage to put a lot into your lyrics! Excellent write, as usual.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really lovely lyrics and a nice song all the way around. Some of these acoustic styles really pop on a song like this. If you're looking for criticism, you might look at varying the arrangement a tiny bit more in the 2nd half of the tune. Nothing drastic. Maybe a harmonica in the background of a verse or in the space between verses, or a harmony vocal on a few lines to create additional dynamics. Not a criticism of the tune at all though. It's really nice as is.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Marty,

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I really enjoyed the dynamic changes - I looked forward to and appreciated the slight reduction in the last section.
Lovely.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
James,

You are always so kind. I appreciate that great review.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

Cool cover!
Cool BAND!
Cool song!

Good write.
Good vocal.
Good Mix.

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
LOVE this song.
Minimalistic with a sparse arrangement that perfectly supports the vocals and great lyrics.
I wouldn't change anything, for me it's perfect.
New favorite from you!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Dave,

I appreciate that - thank you!

Bob

User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Vic,

Thanks so much.

Bob

User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
WaoBand,

Much appreciated - thanks.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Catchy song. Love the instrumentation. When I first saw the title, I thought that I had listened to this, but then I saw your intro to the song. "Poughkeepsie" is one of those memorable words.

dcuny #780161 10/26/23 02:51 AM
User Showcase
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
David,

Thank you for the kind words and review.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,638
Posts747,474
Members38,836
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Dave Doeppel, kminht89, MichelleWoon, samehadaku, Jean Michel D
38,835 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 181