Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#782377 11/14/23 04:28 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I upgraded last year but didn’t go for any extras this time. I always went for the whole deal before. It seems to me BB are losing the plot. What does one do with thousands of Real Tracks? New features were scant in 2023, at the least. It going to take some revolutionary features this time round for me to stay the course. I rarely visit the software anymore; it’s become bloated and difficult to master.
I have tried the online subscriptions to some of the AI music sites but all are sterile, as is most compositions I have tried using BB. Most people want the elusive WOW factor or have to eventually give in and go the creative and imaginative way, if it is in them. I started in my early teens and am still at it. I write and play keyboards and guitar and have been on the Folk scene all over the UK and was lucky to have success with my songs, in my 20’s. Now at 74 I would love for some company to shine, with providing the ultimate song composing tool, with the least effort BUT with some emotion in it.
Real Tracks are not enough, there are too many and also we are drowning in Genres. No Classical Real Tracks have been really offered and no new instruments of any note also.
So, come on BB, let’s have something to stun us in 2024 or it’s goodbye from me.

Mal cry

Mal
DonCarlos
DonCarlos
Well, it has something to it and probably a large piece of truth. As a distributor for the Czech Republic and Slovakia, I deal with this quite often with clients, that innovation, mainly in the form of new and new Real Tracks, does not matter much to the average user, but maybe something that will help, for example, with the study of a song, in the direction that, for example, soundslice.com is moving, proper I would also like a mobile and tablet field application.

Well, the involvement of AI not only in documentation but also in audio transcription, for vocals, individual instruments, that would be the bomb

Karel Jacko alias Don Carlos - Czech Republic Dealer PG Music, Inc
- +420 604 111 102, +420 602 561 567 mobil
- Band Leader Groups Jazz za Bukem and Hot Jazz Sutrs;
- BIAB 2020 Win10; BIAB 2019 MAC;
- Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup (Guitar and Bass); Roland GR-20 Guitar Synth;
- MOTU UltraLite mk3 (Firewire); Fishman Tripleplay
- MacBookPro 13 with touchbar 2018,

Wiki BIAB czech support page wiki.zabukem.eu
I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

I have been a fan of BIAB for many years but stopped at 2021 due to lack of attention to workflow and ease of use issues. These things are much more important to me than new realtracks.

Lets hope 2024 has some good news.

Apprentice
Apprentice
I did a complete audiophile upgrade for 2023, and am quite happy. Not just the large number of real tracks and styles, but also some cool features like multi-riff and micro-chords and stuff. I guess it's what you like and need that matters. If you want more classical multi-tracks, may I suggest either a subscription to EastWest Orchestrator, or Sonuscore the Orchestra (or both) which function similar to BIAB (ie chord input) and sound great and it would be unlikely that BIAB could beat them in that genre. Still, there are things I would like improved, particularly proper playback of pushes, which has always sucked.

Veteran
Veteran
Kinda like AI, BB requires some input from a human who can think out of the box.... (pun intendid?) You can get some really good stuff but you have to be creative to get those extraordinary results.

It's not impossible.... And those thousands of real tracks? Love them! What I look at with the new year release is not the new features.... although those are cool.... I want to see hundreds of new, cool, better quality, great sounding, real tracks. And I have to admit.... the RT's are freaking amazing and seem to get better with each new year.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
And those thousands of real tracks? Love them! What I look at with the new year release is not the new features.... although those are cool.... I want to see hundreds of new, cool, better quality, great sounding, real tracks. And I have to admit.... the RT's are freaking amazing and seem to get better with each new year.
I agree 100%!

Veteran
Veteran
Yes, the RealTracks are definitely a winner and have kept BiaB in a very favorable position in a competitive market.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
And those thousands of real tracks? Love them! What I look at with the new year release is not the new features.... although those are cool.... I want to see hundreds of new, cool, better quality, great sounding, real tracks. And I have to admit.... the RT's are freaking amazing and seem to get better with each new year.
I agree 100%!

Yep ... that's why I get an update every year - RTs and DTs. And the Styles selection isn't bad, either.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Veteran
Veteran
Yes sure there are lots of issues with Biab GUI etc..
but just on the point of RealTracks I would like to see the same instrument/guitar mainly Direct Input (allowing whatever FX you like), to have lots n lots of different patterns so you can change patterns at any bar or beat and it will be seamless transition with no tonal change. You pick the guitar and tempo then over to the side you have a preview list with all the patterns (similar to RealDrums with the Variations). The same with a solo instrument.
This would also cut down on the amount of Playable RealTrack sfz's you would need down the track, you don't need FX versions also just the DI that will use a default vst fx. RealTrack are not added each year only new patterns to the existing guitars.

S
Veteran
Veteran
S
Why hasn't there been any news from 2024 yet? I remember BIAB2023 was released at the end of November last year?

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Veteran
Veteran
Possibly they are not ready for a release. I think last year it was at the start of December.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I ordered BIAB 2023 on Dec 1, 2022 and I think it may have been announced a day or two prior. I tried to check on Wayback Machine but PGM has apparently requested that they exclude their website from their system. I wonder why that is?

Veteran
Veteran
Patience. All things come to those who wait.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

S
Veteran
Veteran
S
Originally Posted by DrDan
All things come to those who wait.

It seems like I'm talking about stock trading grin

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Seems it sparked a lot of views and people seem to be hoping there well may be some surprises coming that may ease some frustrations.

I know there is the diehard Real Tracks contingent that are happy to have oodles and oodles of new tracks to play with but there are those of us who wish to utilise BB for its potential and do not just wish to toy with endless Real Tracks.

So heres hoping as we step well in to December.

Mal

Mal
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
I don’t disagree with the original comment but…
First, there’s always some feature in the latest version that I find very useful and secondly I’m always happy to add new real tracks and especially their super midi counterparts and finally and most important, PG is not a big company. I imagine they mange to make a decent profit and provide employment for their staff but they just don’t have the resources to do a lot of what we want. I always buy the new versions to support what they’re doing. It’s generally more than I can afford but I do it anyway.
I’m absolutely sure Peter Gannon gets persistent offers from other companies to buy BIAB but he holds on and I appreciate that. I don’t know what Presonus, UAD, or Fruity Loops would do to BIAB but I’m not sure I would like it.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Or SSL then we would have to use ILok to access RTs!!!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
ILok? Oh, never.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
Or SSL then we would have to use ILok to access RTs!!!
Ah ... the perils of acronyms.
For a few moments I wondered how the secure sockets layer applied and how iLok used them.
OK, of course; SSL is Solid State Logic (which itself also means something different to me).
Ho Hum.

I worry about licence managers, in part because I've worked in places where there's no network access and because I've broken dongles.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Anyone know when BIAB24 will be on sale this year? Thought they usualy go live 1st December?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,642
Posts735,387
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.