Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Another co-write with Danny Mayo and Bucky Jones.

Old School Country.

RealTracks in style: ~1127:Pedal Steel, Rhythm CountryWaltz Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~1125:Fiddle, Background CountryWaltz Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~827:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Country Waltz Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~826:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Country Waltz Sw 110
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2250:Piano, Soloist CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2259:Piano, Rhythm CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
RealDrums in Song:NashClassicWaltzSw^1-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Bass from original Nashville studio demo. Extracted via FADR (https://fadr.com/). Converted to MIDI.

Janice Merritt: harmonies

LET's BUILD A MEMORY TONIGHT

hello, baby, you look so familiar
i think i met you last night in a dream
but you look even better on this barstool
wearing those tight-fittin' jeans

if your brown eyes say what i'm thinkin'
i'm the luckiest man in this room
i don't know where tomorrow might find us
but why don't we shoot for the moon

let's build a memory tonight
   we'll start with a slow dance
   and i'll hold you tight
   the fire might not burn long
   but it sure will burn bright
   so, let's build a memory tonight

hey, i know, you think that i'm forward
well that's just what i'm trying to be
you've got so many night in your lifetime
why don't you give this one to me

repeat chorus

this fire might keep burning
   for the rest of our lives
   so, let's build a memory tonight

Go to it.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Wow! This is absolutely my new favorite from you...

LOVE your vocal. The harmony parts with Janice are really sweet as well.

Awesome band and mix. That fiddle sounds tremendous and really sets the mood.

If Conway Twitty or George Jones were still around they would love this!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Old country at its absolute best.
This is my kind of country.
As usual everything is pro.
Loved it.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi floyd.

This is superb listening. I love those low notes. I don't recall having heard you sing in such a low register before. There is a lot of warm resonance in your vocals down the deep end and it sounds really good. The mix is as radio-ready as any of the top mixes out there in the world. Everything about this song sat very comfortably in my headphones. You, Danny, Bucky and Janice have done an awesome job. Oh... and I love this slow 6/8 feel that has a waltz-like ambience about it smile

Magnificent music!
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
HI Floyd ...

Bob beat me to it - but after three or four words, Conway Twitty popped into my head. But, ya know, this Floyd Jane version is pretty darn good! This could have been a Top 10 Country hit in the 1970s. The write is simply wonderful and Janice's BGVs are, as always, the best. The band sounds as though it were frozen in 1976 and revived recently. Love your voice in the lower-than-normal register.

Many of the Country charted songs back in the day weren't even half as good as this. You, Danny, and Bucky have some serious writing skills.

Take care,

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Floyd,

Wow! This is absolutely my new favorite from you...

LOVE your vocal. The harmony parts with Janice are really sweet as well.

Awesome band and mix. That fiddle sounds tremendous and really sets the mood.

If Conway Twitty or George Jones were still around they would love this!

Bob

Thanks, Bob.
Glad this hit-the-spot for ya!
BIAB is good at this kind of stuff...and my Old School Harmony Partner always sends it outta-the-park...

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd...another great country ballad...would have loved to hear Conway and Loretta or George and Tammy do this...BUT...you and Janice killed it!...brilliant lyrics, super track an incredible duet! you nailed it!!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent song made even more so by the addition of JM harmonies.
That ripped bass worked a treat...tech skills to the fore in a classic country ballad.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You had me at "hello" smile And the "I know", a few verses on, has the same intonation smile

This is EXTRAORDINARY. For me, by far your best, so far. Janice is PERFECT (I don't say this lightly) with the harmonies. And your vocals are absolutely PHENOMENAL. I've never heard you sound so gentle, so soft. Usually, you have a difficult story to tell, or something of the kind ... which necessitates a "raspier", or a more "wizened" voice tone, perhaps? (or perhaps I'm just rambling, but ...) . This is a change of gear, for sure ... you're still telling a story, but in such a different, softer way ... and wow, what an end result.

CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you, as well as to your co-writers, of course. What a collaboration, what a song.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I love this one so much, Floyd! My favorite lines: the fire might not burn long but it sure will burn bright - to a really good hook.

If my Google search is correct, Danny Mayo died really young (49 years old)! When did you write this in the early 90's?

Dewey

Last edited by Dewey_MI; 11/21/23 07:38 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bob & Noel,

Thanks for mentioning the harmony!

Janice

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Definitely takes me back to AM radio in the 70s. Those were good times, and so is this! Such a solid song, arrangement and performance. Beautiful harmonies as well. That was quite a songwriting team! Hope there's more in the vault...

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Let's fall to pieces, together..... That kept going through my head.....

Man I really like this. That acoustic guitar is luscious.
On the flip side, the bass was extremely lite.

Great job. I like the song.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

Classic county tune right here . . . just a wonderful listen, and for me one of your best vocals—really sits perfectly in the song. Love that stop on “Let’s” in the chorus. Janice nails the harmony and the harmonies are perfectly balanced in the mix. Like that piano too—reminds me of Charlie Rich. A song that would have been huge in the 70’s, yet still fresh today. Excellent!

All my best to you,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ah, classic country.

You sound a bit lower here - the vocal isn't as "achy" as usual at the start, but it nails that male country vocal. Janice is perfect, as usual.

The production is stellar, hitting all the right spots. I see why you copied the original bass over.

I would have liked the final chord held for a touch longer, as the ending felt just a touch rushed. That's the only criticism I can think of. wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Takes me back to when country was country. Great stops, major league vocal, superb harmonies, and top of the line mix make this an outstanding listen. Loved it all, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al and Firesong

Thanks for mentioning the harmony!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ha, dug it right from the "Hello, baby." Seems I haven't gushed over your vocals in too long, Floyd. With your talent for writing songs you're full of gifts. Cool waltz, and having Janice sing that perfect harmony track shows you also recognize great talent. This is a song that would be played on every jukebox in any joint in the middle of nowhere, and also please crowds on any stage at any venue. Solid.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Lovely song, thoroughly enjoyable, and as always you and Janice sound great together.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ray, Musician17 and DCRon

Thanks for commenting on my harmony!

Janice

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,546
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173