Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It looks like the latest version of BIAB and RB have arrived!

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.htm

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Hmm ... I went to see the details of what had changed and thought "this was all announced last year" ... Ah, that's because the link on the 2024 page still goes to the 2023 change list. Patience is a virtue smile

Ah, actually the page misbehaves and doesn't open the 2024 changes properly.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 12/05/23 03:36 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Interesting! I didn't try any links. I just saw it and posted the information here.
It must be a work in progress.
A little more patience is needed, I guess!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Link to the first of the three BIAB 2024 videos at https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.htm gives an error. Other two videos play OK.

R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
The link to purchase the Audiophile upgrade is broken. When you select it, it gives you the PlusPak $99 upgrade instead.

Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ric4001
The link to purchase the Audiophile upgrade is broken. When you select it, it gives you the PlusPak $99 upgrade instead.
I feel pretty certain that everything will be up and running in the next 24 hours. It seems like a lot is happening in the background at the moment.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
Expert
Originellement posté par Noel96
Originellement posté par Ric4001
I feel pretty certain that everything will be up and running in the next 24 hours. It seems like a lot is happening in the background at the moment.

Well yes they update gradually. Besides, the official site still does not display 2024. You have to go through your "hack."

It's always nice to feel like you know before the official date. But the beta testers revealed nothing!

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi MoutiPass.

My discovery wasn't a hack, it was just luck. I found myself wondering if BIAB '24 was here yet and so I clicked on "Band-in-a-Box Windows" on bar at the top of the forum. It took me there.
One thing is for sure, the program is not too far away.

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Journeyman
Journeyman
BiaB 2024 and all extras purchased, downloaded and installed. The web pages for the extras hadn't been updated yet, but all of the new extras were offered during the purchase process for the 2024 Plus Pak.

And props to the devs for the current version of the Install Manager. Nice job! And all of my purchased items showed up in the left column using a single download link. Nice!

The download servers were FAST. I have a gigabit fiber internet connection and it was put to good use!

The videos showed up on YT shortly before the 2024 upgrade showed up on the website, but by the time I'd gotten through the new videos, I was able to purchase the upgrade. Their web store correctly identified my location (France) and added the proper VAT (20%), but still billed me in US$. Europeans with only euro-denominated bank accounts will get stuck paying PayPal's or their bank card's currency conversion fee, but I kept my U.S. bank account for my pension and S.S. direct deposits, so was able to pay in US$.

Last edited by TheMaartian; 12/05/23 05:24 AM.

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by TheMaartian
BiaB 2024 and all extras purchased, downloaded and installed. The web pages for the extras hadn't been updated yet, but all of the new extras were offered during the purchase process for the 2024 Plus Pak.

And props to the devs for the current version of the Install Manager. Nice job! And all of my purchased items showed up in the left column using a single download link. Nice!

The download servers were FAST. I have a gigabit fiber internet connection and it was put to good use!

The videos showed up on YT shortly before the 2024 upgrade showed up on the website, but by the time I'd gotten through the new videos, I was able to purchase the upgrade. Their web store correctly identified my location (France) and added the proper VAT (20%), but still billed me in US$. Europeans with only euro-denominated bank accounts will get stuck paying PayPal's or their bank card's currency conversion fee, but I kept my U.S. bank account for my pension and S.S. direct deposits, so was able to pay in US$.

Fantastic!!! Thanks for the update smile

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
C
Expert
Expert
C
Happy to see that the new features are mainly focused on improving the workflow.

This looks a good one smile

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I think you'll like it Cerio. The new Multipicker Library is a brilliant addition.
I really love the Tracks View as well. This view gives quite a lot of insight into how a song is being generated.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
I've not upgraded yet but I probably will, it does seem like there are some worthwhile improvements that might improve workflow. Fingers crossed.

Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Lee N
I've not upgraded yet but I probably will, it does seem like there are some worthwhile improvements that might improve workflow. Fingers crossed.
The Multipicker Library is fantastic. It makes loading Realtracks, Realdrums, MIDISupertracks, MIDI tracks, Melodists, Soloists, loops User Tracks and Styles very easy. It literally is a one-stop shop for building a backing track.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Got it all up and running here, love the Multipicker and the new Tracks window.

What I like about biab now is that I can do all that I want to do while creating a song in the program without having to go to realband to generate more tracks.

With 24 tracks in total, 16 utility tracks its nice to be able to create the backing in one software program.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Couple that with the fact you can still use RB and it has some nice upgrades it is a powerful package.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Expert
Expert
It's quite rare to see so many people so happy with a new version. I think that PG should not regret having used the brains of its programmers so much. They responded to the requests of forum users and even beyond. Well done !

L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Noel96
The Multipicker Library is fantastic. It makes loading Realtracks, Realdrums, MIDISupertracks, MIDI tracks, Melodists, Soloists, loops User Tracks and Styles very easy. It literally is a one-stop shop for building a backing track.

Well here's something I've never done before - purchased the upgrade on the first day of release! Must look promising smile

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well here's something I've never done before - purchased the upgrade on the first day of release! Must look promising smile
Lee, if you were #1, I was #2!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Just keep in mind that releases candidates are in some regards, still just stable betas. There are several features still in progress of repairs. With that said be patient and have fun. There is just some very nice workflow updates. The two mentioned the Multipicker in my opinion will someday completely replace all the other pickers. They are still there for those who want them. But once all the bugs are worked out removing them will clean up some real estate.

Tracks view is focused on a visual way to create music that makes DAW users more comfortable. It has some nice tools to manipulate the segments of the RTs and RDs. Hopefully it will grow to really be the audio/midi editor of the future. Loop making i believe is another one of it's focuses.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
It's always nice to feel like you know before the official date. But the beta testers revealed nothing!
I'm going to quote you on that, since the integrity of the testers was questioned recently by someone here.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Just know that Matt is not blowing his own horn! Oh wait according to the picture he is!

Last edited by Rob Helms; 12/05/23 11:00 AM.

V
Apprentice
Apprentice
V
Does BIAB 2024 still limit to 255 bars for a song?

Last edited by Vincente; 12/06/23 07:56 AM.

WIN11 OS build 23H2, 16MB, 1TG SSD.
BIAB2024, build 1109, MegaPaK
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted by Vincente
Does BIAB 2024 still limit 255 bars for a song ?
Yes.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Yes the 255 was discussed and while they are planning to change that it did not make the list this release (2024) since the ones that did make it were very intense and required a lot of time and resources. I hear 255 and time signatures are still in planning.

C
Expert
Expert
C
Originally Posted by Noel96
I think you'll like it Cerio. The new Multipicker Library is a brilliant addition.

Indeed, I've upgraded mainly for that feature alone. There's still room for improvement, of course, but now is much more easy (and more fun) to pick the right tracks / styles that work for your song. Plus, it will eventually replace all those different pickers, with different filters, different design, different options... doing essentially the same.

This is a big step in the right direction and, IMO, it will help a lot to simplify the use of the program, reducing obsolete and/or redundant GUI elements, and improving the workflow for many users.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
We recommended that the new multipicker replace all those other pickers, but they are still in place to help make the transition.

Apprentice
Apprentice
I really like the tracks view for precisely regenerating portions of a track quickly. Just drag and highlight exactly what you want to regenerate and hit F8 and it will put in exactly the bars/beats you need, without having to figure it out and type in the numbers. The old F8 was fine if you wanted to regenerate whole bars, but took time if you wanted an exact portion of a bar or bars. Now you can have total control of what you want changed, down to a fraction of a beat, and it is super fast.

Last edited by ThomasS; 12/05/23 07:40 PM.
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by ThomasS
I really like the tracks view for precisely regenerating portions of a track quickly. Just drag and highlight exactly what you want to regenerate and hit F8 and it will put in exactly the bars/beats you need, without having to figure it out and type in the numbers. The old F8 was fine if you wanted to regenerate whole bars, but took time if you wanted an exact portion of a bar or bars. Now you can have total control of what you want changed, down to a fraction of a beat, and it is super fast.
Yep! It's great isn't it! Tracks View has really streamlined the refining of Realtracks. I used to do most of my adjusting of RTs in Reaper. Now, I'll be able to do it much quicker and smarter in BIAB smile

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
Apprentice
I agree. Tracks view is a major, major workflow improvement. Not just in terms of visuals, but in terms of functionality. PG said in another post that copy / cut / paste functionality will be added shortly. I am very happy about that path of development. In fact, I hope that more and more functions will be added over time to the Tracks view - for example, volume automation would be extremely handy. Well done PGM!!!!

Apprentice
Apprentice
Just a tiny but useful suggestion for Track view: the ability to see the cursor line overlapping over each track, vertically. This way it would be easier to identify more precisely the current position of the cursor in relation to track audio waves. Easier to edit precisely.

C
Expert
Expert
C
Originally Posted by Jon Thomas
Just a tiny but useful suggestion for Track view: the ability to see the cursor line overlapping over each track, vertically. This way it would be easier to identify more precisely the current position of the cursor in relation to track audio waves. Easier to edit precisely.

Yes, that would be great. The tracks view is similar to most DAWs windows, and this is what most DAW users are used to.

Last edited by Cerio; 12/06/23 01:17 AM.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
V
Apprentice
Apprentice
V
Next rev. (BIAB 2025) ?

WIN11 OS build 23H2, 16MB, 1TG SSD.
BIAB2024, build 1109, MegaPaK
Veteran
Veteran
Vincente,
Not sure what you mean by "Next rev. (BIAB 2025) ?"
PGM usually releases several patches throughout the year with fixes and enchantments . To my understanding, this year it will be even better, as they will add new functions, not just fixes.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Originally Posted by ThomasS

Thomas are you referring to Control F8, or just F8? both work well F8 makes you save to keep the change and allows several options, and Control F8 makes you hit undo to go back. It works best for a quick change. Lots of cool tools to use.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Vincente
Next rev. (BIAB 2025) ?
Definitely not. There will be revisions (upgrades by way of patches) delivered in the very near future.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Expert
Expert
As I understand Biab, like last year and even before, we are experiencing a beta test on a global scale. Within a week or two we will have a first fix with the most annoying bugs fixed.

Fortunately the Betatesters didn't say anything, surprise effect!

It was just really unexpected. This track view, this stylepicker, it’s great!

Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
Thomas are you referring to Control F8, or just F8? both work well F8 makes you save to keep the change and allows several options, and Control F8 makes you hit undo to go back. It works best for a quick change. Lots of cool tools to use.
Thanks for the tip, Rob. I have been using just F8 (I call it "fate") and didn't know about the other.

Last edited by ThomasS; 12/06/23 11:21 AM.
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L

It was my first thought when trying out the track view. Even with snap it's not easy because I couldn't find a way to reduce the snap resolution.
Unfortunately, so far with 2024, I'm really not as impressed as everyone else seems to be. I had high hopes but I'm not feeling very inspired by any of it yet. The whole thing is still a complete mess, it just takes a fewer clicks to arrive there.
I played around with it for about half hour and couldn't be bothered any more. I'll give it a chance before I make my mind up, maybe I just need to get used to a new workflow but I'm not feeling too confident if I'm honest.

C
Expert
Expert
C

It was my first thought when trying out the track view. Even with snap it's not easy because I couldn't find a way to reduce the snap resolution.
Unfortunately, so far with 2024, I'm really not as impressed as everyone else seems to be. I had high hopes but I'm not feeling very inspired by any of it yet.

After playing witht the new version a little bit, I'm happy with the new Miltipicker and non modal windows, they work pretty well. The multitracks view, however, is still in very early alpha stage of development, IMO.

I'm sure they will fix the bugs and add the functionality most users expect when working with this view.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
D
D
Apart from the very hectic 8 minute quick run, there is no more detailed presentation of the new functions on video. Last year, when the 2023 version was released, a detailed instructional video on the new features was available very quickly. Is that to be expected this year too, or do we have to explore everything using the rather dry manual and trial and error?

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by DJ_Kerzi
Apart from the very hectic 8 minute quick run, there is no more detailed presentation of the new functions on video. Last year, when the 2023 version was released, a detailed instructional video on the new features was available very quickly. Is that to be expected this year too, or do we have to explore everything using the rather dry manual and trial and error?
I hope, that in due course, a detailed video of the new features will become available. I'm not aware that it has been mentioned yet, but I somehow expect that it will eventuate.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Expert
Expert
Bootcamp! Bootcamp! Bootcamp!

I love these Bootcamps, I watch them several times in slow motion, like the matches.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,645
Posts735,410
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.