Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
"including near instant playback direct from disk"
So it's just using Reaper tracks with the BBW4 track data to give instant playback ?
I can't play the tracks in the VST ?
And BBW4 playing the styles demos to your chords ?
So basically the BBPlugin Standalone and the BBPlugin running in any other DAW is still working the same way generating up wav files ?

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
What i understand is that it is playing from disk in other DAWs but it doesn't have the extra features that the Reaper panel offers for Reaper users. How are you seeing it on your end?

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I tried the Standalone BBPlugin and it creates wav files but not in the set folder but in an old folder:

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
What i understand is that it is playing from disk in other DAWs but it doesn't have the extra features that the Reaper panel offers for Reaper users. How are you seeing it on your end?
Did you try it in S1 or Mixbus ?
I'm getting wav files in the SavedTracks folder and still having to wait.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I will test in Mixbus tomorrow and report back. I have been so focused on BiaB the last couple days. I tossed a demo in tonight and yes saved files and a long wait for rendering

Last edited by Rob Helms; 12/05/23 08:57 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
MC, here is what i gathered from Adar. "You are now able to audition different styles with your song using the "Play using current chord sheet of song" panel without having to generate each time. When you've found a style you like, you can also generate from the Style Picker by using the "Render Tracks" button which provides options for what to generate (.wav, .mid). These new features allow you to play your song from memory as well as reduce render times."

the fast option for DAWs other than Reaper is just the ability to double click and play style demos from the dtyle picker window. Only Reaper users gain the ability to savr with just wave instructions

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Here’s one way to do it.

From the plugin.

1. Type in chords or load an existing song you have
2. Press the style to launch style picker
3. Inside the style picker, highlight a style and press play. Your song with your chords and that style should start playing withinn 3 seconds.
4. Try a bunch of different styles,
4. If you like one, oresss the RENDER NOW button you will then get to pick what file types you want.
For every daw: Choices are wav/midi/realcharts/
If using reaper, an additional choice shows up where can choose just instructions and skip the wav files.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Musocity,’regarding generating from the plugin without using style picker.
Yes, you can do that, and I agree that for some reason you’re getting wav files when you don’t need them. That’s going to be fixed in next patch. In the bright side, for reaper you can get the instructions and midi sent through to reaper directly.
The plugin itself can play the wav files, and they don’t get sent to reaper. So if you don’t want to wait for wav files, you can use the style picker, or wait for the latch where that particular issue is fixed.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Musocity.

One thing we will improve in the reaper implementation is the GUI for the list of options. Right now, the text is small and a little hard to read.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>including near instant playback direct from disk"
>So it's just using Reaper tracks with the BBW4 track data to give instant playback ?

- you can get instant playback inside the style picker to audition hundreds of styles if you want. And this is playback within 3 seconds.
- you can also get the reaper instructions. One thing, once we send the instructions to reaper, it’s not as instant as I thought it would be. Reaper takes time to set up each track. But it’s worth the wait.

>>I can't play the tracks in the VST ?
- if you want to play them in the VST, there is the stylepicker, which is part of the VST. If you don’t wanting the playback from the VST main screen and not the style picker, then you need to wait for WAV files. where you can play them in the plugin main screen.
Note that you can play them directly in reaper via instructions, which was the great suggestion that you gave us!

>And BBW4 playing the styles demos to your chords ?
Yes it generates your song chords, which you can then render,

>So basically the BBPlugin Standalone and the BBPlugin running in any other DAW is still working the same way generating up wav files ?
The big change for daws other than release is that they can audition their song with many styles without generating any wav files, and when they find one they like they generate the wav files once, where it then goes into their song . In daws other than reaper, people can try out their song chords in the style picker and hear the results almost instantly. (Within 3 seconds typically. I note that this is faster than the process where reaper plays them via instructions, because reaper needs to set up the tracks, make the reapaeaks files etc. so if you want to try out 20 styles in your song, you’d likely prefer the style picker to find the one you want, and then render the reaper instructions and they get sent into reaper. Unless you prefer to always send each of the styles to reaper.

As you know, with the previous version of the plugin, generate wave takes about 20 seconds, so if you tried out 20 styles that would be 400 seconds (7 minutes) of waiting, now you can do it instantly (in the style picker), where each style starts playing within 3 seconds so the wait time is negligible, and no wav files are made for the auditions.

Last edited by PeterGannon; 12/05/23 10:02 PM.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>Rob: What i understand is that it is playing from disk in other DAWs but it doesn't have the extra features that the Reaper panel offers for Reaper users.

Correct. In the style picker, it is playing from disk (for any daw).

Getting instant playback from the plugin main screen would be a great feature too, and is one that we are working on, but didn’t make it into this release, Of course playback from the plugin screen works by generating wav files as before, if you don’t want to playback instantly inside the style picker.

‘In summary, the two big features for the plugin are:
1. - in any DAW: instant playback to audition your sing with different styles in the style picker. And then render once to wav files when you find one you like where you can play it in your daw kr the plugin main screen.
And
2. For Reaper only. Reaper DAW integration , so the plugin can send files directly to reaper tracks without needing to drag n drop. And you can just choose to get reaper instructions, which are lossless and aren’t wav files.

In reaper, using the 2024 plugin, everything is instant and played from disk. You are playing this from reaper tracks window (or the plugin via stylepicker) There are no WAVS needed for any of that, (please note the version you have is generating those wav files that are not needed, that’s a feature that we need to turn off, and it will be turned off and made an option in the next patch, within a couple of days!

Last edited by PeterGannon; 12/05/23 10:21 PM.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Musocity,
By the way, if you’d like to disable the wave being generated, as a workaround until the patch comes, you can achieve this by disabling the generation of the master track audio

To do this :
. Press the "+" button on the Style Mix track and select "Disable". (That disable the master.wav file and also the individual track wav files that get generated as well

Wheb you make this setting you should no longer receive unwanted wav files if you are using reaper and only want the instructions.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That's a lot to get through I will read that more later.
I'm only getting the little .di files with Reaper.
If you are using BBW4 you might run into the always on issue with the DAW not releasing the audio driver if Windows uses it.
BBW4 should not have to decompress, load into RAM if you are just generating and not need to preview, it should just generate the data I can see the RAM filling up in bbw4 in Task Manager.
Reaper loads in instantly if you have all the peak files created already. I uploaded a script to do that but the plugin can be made to do it.
Reaper is ok, but other DAWs don't get the advantage, you can't playback bbw4 in sync to the DAW you still have to wait for wav render.
It's the Biab transport sync VST again...
If I go in the Style Picker and down the bottom and click custom I get the soloist track from the frozen SGU, I don't know if it's still frozen ?
I don't have access to the track buttons in the track display at the bottom of the Style Picker to add tracks.
Basically you are just using bbw4 the same way you can use bbw but in bbw you have more control and options than bbw4, you may as well "show" bbw4 as a normal Biab.
Better still just have a send to Reaper button in the normal Biab, that I did mention many times.
But meanwhile for all those that don't uses Reaper it's the same old wait.

You see how Sforzando was playing the wav instructions and playing back all the wma sections.

The main Biab is great now with multi pickers and the new tracks view with riff edit !!!!!!

What is done is done how you got it now, at the least you should aim to get the Plugin to play the wav instructions directly eventually so if you are going to use bbw4 to preview the styles to your chords you want it to instantly send that data to the Plugin as txt data not wav files so all DAWs have the instant benefit.
I have other solutions to help that I have posted and will post some more soon when things settle down.

Originally Posted by musocity
Adding more tracks to RB and all this wav data needs still to be saved in the SEQ, these could grow immensely.
If you could load a wma or wav file non destructively this would increase RB's usability no end

Here's the thread you can see them getting Reaper to play wma direct with Media Foundation, after some dramas it all worked out.
v6.56+dev0430 - April 30 2022

This would be a very big step, allowing RB to read frozen SGU tracks instantly into RB,
it could just read the wav instructions from bbw2 directly into RB without bbw2 having to decompress wma, load sections into RAM then render down to wav then load into RB.
Originally Posted by musocity
The BBPlugin will be released in a few days that should give an idea of the way things will go depending on what state that is at now. Hopefully it should have all the generate code contained within the JUCE and to play the wma files direct like sforzando, or playing the wma files direct from the bbw4 wav instructions, or with not much change how it is now.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
...Getting instant playback from the plugin main screen would be a great feature too, and is one that we are working on, but didn’t make it into this release, ..
That gives a bit of hope things will turn out for the better soon.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,641
Posts735,380
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.