Beginners Forum
J
jmorgan Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with getting my own acidized loops to work in Band-in-a-Box, even after attempting to use a program like Acidizer to prepare them. I'm hoping someone in the community can provide some guidance.

Here's the problem I'm facing:

I have a library of acidized loops in various genres.

I've attempted to use Acidizer to acidize these loops for compatibility with Band-in-a-Box.

However, when I import these loops into Band-in-a-Box, it doesn't seem to recognize the chord changes or generate appropriate accompaniments. The loops just stay the same.

I've followed tutorials and documentation, but I'm missing something crucial, and I'm not sure what it is. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can provide guidance on how to properly prepare and use acidized loops in Band-in-a-Box?

Any help, advice, or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
What version of Biab are you using ?
I just tried a bass loop I made and Acidized it with Acidizer (running in Vista compatibility mode)
When I put it in the Loops folder it shows the Acid info I set it to.
If I use Riff Edit in the Tracks view I can see it's transposing to the chord:

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Beginners Forum
J
jmorgan Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Thanks for your reply. I am using the BIAB 2024. My computer is using Windows 11.

I know Acidizer is an old software. For compatibility mode, in Acidizer, I chose Windows 7.

If you have further advice, pls let me know.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted by jmorgan
Thanks for your reply. I am using the BIAB 2024. My computer is using Windows 11.

Which Build number of 2024? The latest available is build 1109.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=796177#Post796177

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
This was Acidized with Acidizer in Win10 Bass-4beats-Croot-90bpm.wav
put it in your Loops folder and see if the info shows in the Loop Picker, it won't show the info in the new MultiPicker.
You should be able to set all the Loop info in the Picker and it will save it to a file.

Funk - gl_funk100a ev16_AcidInfo.txt
Code
Header=acid
ChunkLength=24
LooporOneShot=0
RootOffOrOn=0
RamBasedOrDiskBased=0
RootNote=60
AlwaysHex8000=-32768
UnkownFloat=0
AcidNumberOfBeats=8
MeterDenominator=4
MeterNumerator=4
AcidTempo=120.00

Beginners Forum
J
jmorgan Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Hi, i have tried your loop and it worked in my BIAB. It seems to show that you are able to make your own loop work in BIAB, which is wonderful.

Can you explain the way you worked with Acidizer and importantly, is it possible for you to share your version of Acidizer? I found that in the past some users uploaded Acidizer onto our forum but the links died. On my part, it was also difficult to find a version of Acidizer on the web. Perhaps my version of Acidizer did not work properly. If possible, I hope you may share your version of Acidizer with me. Unfortunately the Acidizer manufacturer's site does not work anymore.

Thanks,

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
To get the Acidizer to run on Win 10 now I had to set the Compatibility mode to Vista.
Just drag n drop the file in.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=564275#Post564275

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=564023#Post564023
It used to be a paid version then the guy that made it released it as a free version.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=537016#Post537016

Beginners Forum
J
jmorgan Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Thanks. However, this link does not work anymore.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=564275#Post564275

I wonder if the Acidizer from the link above may be any different.

Thank you for all your kind help.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran

Beginners Forum
J
jmorgan Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Thank you very much. I confirm that the version of Acidizer that you uploaded seems to be more stable than what I had.

Would you be so kind as to remind me of what to do with Acidizer?

In the Acidizer software, I chose Disk-based, then I typed the tempo of the loop.

Must I choose 'Root note for transposing' and then choose the original key of the loop like C, F, etc or should I just choose 'don't transpose'?

Thank you.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
If it's a Drum select no transpose else if it's an instrument set the current root note then Biab will transpose it to fit the song key or chord root.

Beginners Forum
J
jmorgan Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Thank you so much for your kind help.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,893
Posts750,700
Members38,933
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dimsha, jonmoi, Paolino27, tikatika, Hack Buster Recove
38,933 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
DC Ron 122