Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
That's why I posted this Where's This Chord or That Chord ?
as it's a recurring theme in the forum year in year out.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
I disabled sour notes for the keyboard track. ... And of course I lost the mMaj7 chords

This is "expected". The Fix sour notes / tuning feature (in Song Chords mode) will attempt to "correct" the notes on the track based on the current chord in the song. So that is why you are hearing an AmMaj7 chord at measure 18. What is happening is that 'Natural arrangements' is turned ON (which is the default) and the mMaj7 chord is getting mapped to a m7 chord in this style. The Fix sour notes is taking the Am7 chord and changing it into an AmMaj7 chord by changing the pitch of the G to G#. There are two ways to fix this.

A) Turn off Natural arrangements in the Song settings dialog.

B) Use the Auto-fix (tune) on just the first half of bar 18. I tested this with your song, and it works well. This feature in general works best for specific parts of a track rather than as a setting for the entire track. You could do something like this.
1. Turn OFF the Auto-fix track in Track Settings.
2. Use Track Actions | Copy/Move Track to copy the track to Utility track 1 where you can work on it further and preserve the original BiaB generated track.
3. Open the Audio Edit window, and highlight ONLY the first half of bar 18.
4. Click on the Edit button (in the Audio Edit window toolbar) and click Fix Tuning. Make sure Song Chords is selected and OK. This will add the G# to that bar. Repeat for the other bar of interest.

This extremely valuable info needs to be preserved somewhere, in a sticky Tips and Tricks post, or an FAQ.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
I'm just really surprised that workarounds or fiddling with all kinds of settings are required to
get a basic 'This Masquerade' chord happening in BIAB.
It is 2024 right?

There's just one setting: Song Settings - "Natural Arrangements".

Here's another idea that should work well, and allows you to leave natural arrangements enabled (more natural playing with longer phrases)

1. Generate the track.
2. Song Settings | Natural arrangements - disable. (but don't re-generate)
3. Highlight only 17-18 and press F8 - generate new riff for just those bars.

Well this is getting really interesting. frown

I generated the track.
I had natural arrangements disabled.
I played the song and mMaj7 worked correctly on each occurrence for all three choruses this time!
Strange.

However I'm loathe to say this has been fixed.
Because I have a new can of worms.
I don't know if I should continue it in this thread or start a new one.

I think I'll just continue here.

I have been so fixated on the mMaj7 chords in the song that I have been disregarding the rest of the chords!

Well there's a whole pile of chords that are being misplayed. Here's just a SMALL sample:

CMaj7 > CMaj9
CMaj7 > C
Am7 > Am9
Am6 > Am7
G7b9 > G9
G7b9 > G7+b9
Dm7 > Dm
Bm6 > Bm7
E7 > E13

Now what can I say? For me this is totally unacceptable.
Chords are the backbone of BIAB.
If BIAB can't play chords you key in, (takes the liberty to play whatever it feels like)
what's the point of using BIAB? May as well hire some musicians. smile

OK so what's the secret to tell BIAB to play ONLY the chords that have been keyed in?
We know these chords have been recorded, they are as 'natural' as they come.

A BIAB user for more than 30 years (if you can believe it) !
Veteran
Veteran
It needs options:
A: Use substitutions for unavailable chords
B: Add PRT notes for unavailable chords

B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Originally Posted by musocity
It needs options:
A: Use substitutions for unavailable chords
B: Add PRT notes for unavailable chords

A: Sure, if the chord is unavailable, go for it, use a substitution.
But the chords I've given are bread and butter chords! Of course the chords are available.
B: I'm not familiar with PRT notes? Are they part-time notes? smile

Veteran
Veteran
Hi BIABman,

Here's the link to information that I posted about Playable Realtracks (PRT) in one of the other threads. Watching the video at the time stamps I've indicated will help you understand how they work.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=801639#Post801639

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi BIABman,

Here's the link to information that I posted about Playable Realtracks (PRT) in one of the other threads. Watching the video at the time stamps I've indicated will help you understand how they work.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=801639#Post801639

--Noel

Thanks Noel. While it's nice to learn about this feature (PRT) I think you would agree that it would be a LOT better if BIAB would simply play chords correctly right from the start.

B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
*UPDATE*

I decided to take a deeper dive into this <cough> chord ‘misinterpretation’ problem.
I’ve made some interesting discoveries.

As I mentioned in my recent post, for the past week or so I was just focused on one chord, the mMaj7 chord.

But when things started to resolve with it, with fixes and such, I began to notice that many of my other chords were not playing properly either. I had simply focused on the mMaj7 chord because it really stuck out like a sore thumb.

Before I get to the other chords, let me return to the mMaj7 chords.

I decided to return to my saved songs (saved various versions of the same song).
For some unknown reason, ALL of my saved songs were now working!
That’s right, the songs where the mMaj7 chords were previously not sounding, were now sounding!

I took careful note of the Sour Notes On/Off and Natural Arrangements On/Off settings, because these were the two settings that I was advised would fix the problem.
Specifically, I was told Sour Notes Off and Natural Arrangements Off would fix the mMaj7 problem.

So this is what the settings were when I re-opened five different versions of the same song.
‘Natural Arrangements’ has three settings, On, Off and As in Arrangement Options.
Fix Sour Notes is abbreviated to FSN.
Natural Arrangements is abbreviated to NA.

SONG1 FSN Off, NA ‘As in Arrangement Options’.
SONG1a FSN On, (NA) On
SONG1b FSN On, NA On
SONG1c FSN On, NA On
SONG1d FSN Off, NA Off (worked in Chorus 1 only! ) Changed to J!MANCNI (midi) Worked ALL Choruses

So while I was happy to hear the mMaj7 chord being played in almost every version now,
except SONG1d (it only played it in Chorus 1) I was thoroughly confused.

Why was it working now? And why was it working with the key settings (FSN and NA)
set the ‘wrong’ way? Three of the five song versions had FSN and NA set to ON, when I was told turning them OFF would fix the problem!

But when I changed the Style from my regular _JAZOR60 to J!MANCNI (I deliberately wanted to test a Midi style) all of the mMaj7 chords worked right out of the box. I had a hunch they would.
And so I continued with my testing. I took the list of chords I posted above and tried them all out with the same Midi style (J!MANCNI).
The chords were:
CMaj7
Am7
Am6
G7b9
Dm7
Bm6
E7
I added a few more in addition to them m7b5 and m11.

They all played faithfully. No problems at all.
It seems pretty clear that the problems with chord ‘interpretation’ <cough>
are rooted in RealTracks. Midi has no problem dealing with almost anything you throw at it.

So now my questions are “Why is this?”
And “Why did my problem versions mentioned above get fixed, seemingly on their own?”

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Well there's a whole pile of chords that are being misplayed. Here's just a SMALL sample:
CMaj7 > CMaj9

This is expected and intentional. Jazz musicians will certainly often play the 9th if they see a CMaj7 chord on the chart. This isn't a substitution.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
CMaj7 > CMaj9

This is expected and intentional. Jazz musicians will certainly often play the 9th if they see a CMaj7 chord on the chart. This isn't a substitution.

OK that's true about jazz musicians.
But if you tell a jazz musician to play specific chords they will listen to you (most of time). smile

How do you tell BIAB to play specific chords and not stray from them?
Is there a setting in BIAB for this?

CMaj7 > CMaj9 fair play for jazz musicians
CMaj7 > C not fair play for jazz musicians!
Am7 > Am9 fair play for jazz musicians
Am6 > Am7 not fair play for jazz musicians!
G7b9 > G9 not fair play for jazz musicians!
G7b9 > G7+b9 not fair play for jazz musicians!
Dm7 > Dm not fair play for jazz musicians!
E7 > E13 fair play for jazz musicians

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Why was it working now? And why was it working with the key settings (FSN and NA)
set the ‘wrong’ way? Three of the five song versions had FSN and NA set to ON, when I was told turning them OFF would fix the problem!

The "Fix sour notes / fix tuning" feature should not be confused with song generation features. The main reason we are talking about it is that you accidentally had it turned on as a track setting for one of your tracks. This feature processes the audio wave data that has already been generated. It uses extremely sophisticated algorithms to modify the data, and is able to adjust the tuning of individual notes in a polyphonic track. This is a very difficult task which is why it is not perfect and there can be artifacts. It is best used, as I think I mentioned earlier, when you target specific sections of your track rather than using it is a 'global' track setting.

Natural Arrangements is a Band-in-a-Box setting that can affect the phrases that are used when generating RealTracks. This is a global setting (in Options | Preferences | Arrange) or a song-specific setting (in Song Settings). The default is ON, since out of the box, and when using typical chords for the style you are working with, overall the RealTracks tracks generated will tend to sound most realistic - i.e. faithful to what a real pro musician would play when reading the chord chart. Also there will tend to be more variety, since there is more material to draw from. There used to be a flash message notifying you when you first generated your song, how many of the chords were re-interpreted based on this setting, however there were some people who didn't like the flash message and requested that we remove it.

If you have a LOT of chords in your song that have specific extensions, and you want Band-in-a-Box to always play those specific notes in your chord, you should turn N.A. OFF. Some prefer this set globally. MIDI tracks (that is tracks made using the StyleMaker, not MIDI SuperTracks) do not have this feature, but they work much differently than RT's. With MIDI you can throw in any note into a chord, but it's not going to be as realistic (not matter what your synth is), since it's just the computer playing samples of various note pitches and not a musician playing the music on their instrument in that style.

If you have a FEW chords in your song that you want played with specific extensions, then that's where you can get into some of the tweaks that we've been talking about. There are several different approaches, which is because there are lots of different things that Band-in-a-Box can do. Let's say you have one bar you want to "fix". Some of the things mentioned in this thread are

- You could regenerate a specific bar with N.A. turned off. (easiest) (Requires you to freeze your tracks)
- Similar to above, but you could generate a second track with N.A. turned off and then use Bar Settings to mute/un-mute bars as needed.
- You could use Playable RealTracks to insert specific MIDI notes in your track. The MIDI notes are played using samples that are supposed to match the RealTracks as closely as possible. You can use this to add some specific notes to a chord.
- You could use the Audio Edit window on your track and Fix Tuning (song chords mode) at that bar (requires the track to be frozen or converted to an audio track)

There are probably lots of other things you can do as well. Probably as many as there are people reading this forum.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B

The "Fix sour notes / fix tuning" feature should not be confused with song generation features. The main reason we are talking about it is that you accidentally had it turned on as a track setting for one of your tracks. ....

If you have a LOT of chords in your song that have specific extensions, and you want Band-in-a-Box to always play those specific notes in your chord, you should turn N.A. OFF. Some prefer this set globally. MIDI tracks (that is tracks made using the StyleMaker, not MIDI SuperTracks) do not have this feature, but they work much differently than RT's. With MIDI you can throw in any note into a chord, but it's not going to be as realistic (not matter what your synth is), since it's just the computer playing samples of various note pitches and not a musician playing the music on their instrument in that style.

If you have a FEW chords in your song that you want played with specific extensions, then that's where you can get into some of the tweaks that we've been talking about. There are several different approaches, which is because there are lots of different things that Band-in-a-Box can do. Let's say you have one bar you want to "fix". Some of the things mentioned in this thread are
There are probably lots of other things you can do as well. Probably as many as there are people reading this forum.

Thanks very much Andrew for explaining this. There is much to digest. smile
I'll try to have a go at these solutions in the coming days.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by BIABman

"A BIAB user for more than 30 years (if you can believe it) !"

No, I don't think I believe it. grin In all this time you don't know the answer to this?*.

*... no offense intended, just having a bit of a giggle as I follow this whole thread. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Originally Posted by DrDan

"A BIAB user for more than 30 years (if you can believe it) !"

No, I don't think I believe it. grin In all this time you don't know the answer to this?*.

*... no offense intended, just having a bit of a giggle as I follow this whole thread. grin

I don't mind people poking fun at me at all. That's why I deliberately included my tagline. smile

First I must say, that I am NOT a regular BIAB user. If was I probably wouldn't be asking all of these questions.
My typical BIAB usage goes like this. I'll be on a BIAB usage mode (as I currently am in now) for a few weeks or month or so. Then I won't use the program for a year or two or more.
Then I'll come back to it, usually upgrade while I'm at it and rinse and repeat.
Use it for a few weeks/months and put it away for a year/two etc.

When you use it like this, it's almost impossible to remember all the things you learned from before, and things are always changing as you know.

Second, BIAB has settings-itis. Translation: too many settings for things that should be set as default.

It is my view that when a user inputs a chord (using RealTracks) that chord should sound, not a variation of that chord. Imagine if you were a composer and you went to listen to the debut of your work with a symphony orchestra and they started to alter your chords! You would be outraged!

My questions,
"How do you tell BIAB to play specific chords and not stray from them?
Is there a setting in BIAB for this?"

were very serious.

From Andrew's latest reply, it doesn't appear there is one setting that you could "set and forget"
that would allow you to do this.
BIAB will continue to throw variations of the chords you input.
When it is important that certain chords be played as input, he has given various options
to try, to get the chords sounding correctly.

My guess is that 90% + of BIAB users can't even hear the difference between the chords we are discussing and so this is a non-issue for them.
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I can hear the difference. frown

Apprentice
Apprentice
[quote=DrDan][quote=BIABman]
It is my view that when a user inputs a chord (using RealTracks) that chord should sound, not a variation of that chord. Imagine if you were a composer and you went to listen to the debut of your work with a symphony orchestra and they started to alter your chords! You would be outraged!

My questions,
"How do you tell BIAB to play specific chords and not stray from them?
Is there a setting in BIAB for this?"

were very serious.

From Andrew's latest reply, it doesn't appear there is one setting that you could "set and forget"
that would allow you to do this.
BIAB will continue to throw variations of the chords you input.
When it is important that certain chords be played as input, he has given various options
to try, to get the chords sounding correctly.

My guess is that 90% + of BIAB users can't even hear the difference between the chords we are discussing and so this is a non-issue for them.
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I can hear the difference. frown

BIABman, Andrew's excellent posts here (and his careful patience) are exemplary. If you follow his step-by-step advice you will find a lot of solutions to your issue. What you are asking has been discussed and solved many times over the years. You can do a search and find many people have addressed this question, but you can do no better than to carefully read Matt Finley's post:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=735441

Last edited by ThomasS; 02/28/24 06:07 PM.
B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B

Natural Arrangements is a Band-in-a-Box setting that can affect the phrases that are used when generating RealTracks. This is a global setting (in Options | Preferences | Arrange) or a song-specific setting (in Song Settings). The default is ON, since out of the box, and when using typical chords for the style you are working with, overall the RealTracks tracks generated will tend to sound most realistic - i.e. faithful to what a real pro musician would play when reading the chord chart. Also there will tend to be more variety, since there is more material to draw from. There used to be a flash message notifying you when you first generated your song, how many of the chords were re-interpreted based on this setting, however there were some people who didn't like the flash message and requested that we remove it.

OK Andrew I have some time today and I am tackling your suggestions.

I started just now with the most important situation:
A LOT of chords that I want played as written.

Unfortunately it just is NOT working.
I disabled N.A., BOTH globally and for the song specifically.

I am using _JAZOR60 at a tempo of 60.
I have frozen the tracks so that you and everyone can hear the problems.

These are the problem chords (indicating how they are written and played):
CMaj7 > CMaj9
FMaj7 > FMaj9
Fm7 > Fm9
Fm7b5 > Abm
EbMaj7 > EbMaj9
Ebm9 > Ebm11
Bbsus > Bb13sus
Ab7b9 > Ab13b9

Here is the file so that everyone can hear the problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fh4f3o7amkf4j39tvrd9k/Chords-NA-disabled.SGU?rlkey=jhofyl07yrp3okuo1lgrtip04&dl=0

Veteran
Veteran
Just to clarify we are listening only to that Organ RT which has no notation right? I have the chords playing on Utility #1, but that is just my default. So I will mute those which by the way does have notation and is spot on.

That specific organ RT sounds like a Hammond B3 with draw bars which intentionally add upper harmonies such as the 9th and 13th - it is just the nature of that beast. I have recently been playing a B3 and it is a marvel at what extra sounds are added based on setup of the draw bars.

If I am correct, than if you substitute a Piano RT for the Organ you should see everything settle down in your chord notes. I know you want the Organ, but you may just have to settle. Or perhaps you could try new Toontrack B3, where you can edit the beejeebiz out of the instrument and eliminate the draw bars. Just a thought.

... btw, I just tried to add the EZk2 Session Organ as a plugin on the Chords Track to hear it play over these chords, but alas... BIAB is not compatible with VST3! mad

Lets see what others have to say...

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Thanks for helping out Dr.Dan!

Originally Posted by DrDan
Just to clarify we are listening only to that Organ RT which has no notation right? I have the chords playing on Utility #1, but that is just my default. So I will mute those which by the way does have notation and is spot on.

Yes that is correct. I was just focusing on the Organ track. I had a midi bass track, but for some reason it wasn't playing on my system. I just added a Super Midi Bass track for our next go (see below).

That specific organ RT sounds like a Hammond B3 with draw bars which intentionally add upper harmonies such as the 9th and 13th - it is just the nature of that beast. I have recently been playing a B3 and it is a marvel at what extra sounds are added based on setup of the draw bars.

Yes it's possible that could explain some of the extraneous notes.

If I am correct, than if you substitute a Piano RT for the Organ you should see everything settle down in your chord notes. I know you want the Organ, but you may just have to settle. Or perhaps you could try new Toontrack B3, where you can edit the beejeebiz out of the instrument and eliminate the draw bars. Just a thought.

For the purpose of this exercise I have substituted a Piano RT for the organ as you suggested.
You are correct I do want an organ sound (although it could be another organ RT) but for now I just want to hear the chords played properly, so the test continues.
Piano 743 is what I am using now.

Unfortunately it is actually worse than the organ! frown
Here are the results:
C > Cadd9
CMaj7 > OK now
FMaj7 > F69
F > FMaj7
Fm > Fm9
Fm7 > Fm9
Abm > Abm9
EbMaj7 > EbMaj7 Eb6
EbMaj9 > EbMaj7 Eb6
Ebm9 > OK now
Bbsus > Bb9sus
Bb7sus > Bb9sus
Ab7b9 > AbAdd9
Ab7#9 > Ab13
Cm6 > Cm9

Only two chords were corrected. Many stayed the same and a few more bad
'translations' occurred.

Some real 'standouts' are:
Ab7b9 > AbAdd9
Ab7#9 > Ab13
Cm6 > Cm9

Maybe PGMusic can add this as one of their 50 new features next go around?
They could call them 'Real Standouts'. smile

Here's the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1qdsqjqvyvsbo4sevzijw/Chords-NA-disabled-Piano-743-Super-Midi-Bass.SGU?rlkey=iihoef29276x8k05rahh4h056&dl=0

Veteran
Veteran
I confirmed your assessment based on looking at the notation versus the chord chart. No surprizes here for me, especially since this falls into a Jazz category. The RT takes a lot of liberties. Many in this thread have acknowledged this.

By the way, the answer to your question is NO. grin

I do have my own personnal workaround for this. One way is to use the "Chord Track" to send to a VSTi which has more control over chord voicing and extra notes, as I indicated with the Toontrack sessions organ (but you have to be working in your DAW). Or I use Scaler which voices the chord exactly as I specify.

Good luck.

B
BIABman Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
I think I know what the problem is. If I'm correct there won't be a solution forthcoming any time soon.

I have a bunch of questions that I am preparing wrt RealTracks, soon to be posted.

Someone has to take the recordings the RealTrack artists make and categorize them.
It's likely the artists themselves or a designated PGMusic employee.
Whoever it is that is categorizing the recordings, needs to have a fantastic ear, or problems will arise.

If the person miscategorizes chords, then we would arrive at a situation I am facing now.
The RealTrack artists record hundreds of chords in all different genres.
For genre 'X', Cm9 chords need to put in their correct 'bin'.
The same goes for Am7b5 and D7#9 etc. etc.
Because when a song is regenerated, chords need to be sounded for the chord that was typed in.
For each chord there will likely be numerous takes, inversions etc. of the chord.
But if someone has miscategorized chords, then they will not match the chord that was input by the user in the chord entry screen.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,645
Posts735,414
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 72
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.