Hi,

BIAB demands more and more disk space, and the great feature of RealTracks works more satisfying with a faster processor.
To make it short: I bought a new notebook with Win7 (64 Bit) and an Intel Core i7 processor. Wow - generating RealTracks is really fast now!
But there was one problem:
Using Native Instruments Bandstand synthisizer made some stubborn problems. I couldn't install and update it correctly, it always stayed in Demo mode. So, I had to select Bandstand each time anew when I started BIAB and, far more disturbing, demo mode only gives time for 30 minutes!

I don't want to tell you how often I tried installing, updating and registering Bandstand. My patience was very challenged.
Here's the solution for those of you who are facing the same problem with Bandstand (which is still a great program!)

Solution 1:
Win7 is an UAC controlled system. Registering Bandstand needs administrator rights which normally are not gven in the default settings.
So one solution is to change the UAC settings to the most unsafe settings. (just enter UAC in the Win7 program window and change the settings).
This works well. The problem with this: You will not want to go into the internet with such an unsafe setting!!!
Therefor you will have to change the UAC settings each time when you use BIAB and back again when you want to do 'normal' things with your computer.

That's why I decided to use

Solution 2:

Give administrator rights to BOTH Bandstand AND BIAB.
First: Assign administrator rigths to Bandstands VST-file "BandstandVST.dll" (Dirctory C:\...\Bandstand\VST\BandstandVST.dll" on my computer, depending on where you installed it) If you don't know how to do this please ask a computer expert, because I only know the german terms for the things to change here.
Second:
Run BIAB with administrator rights. To do this, right-click on the BIABs "bbw.exe" to open its properties, change to Compatibility and give a mark at "Run the program as administrator."

When you use this solution #2 the only uncomfortable thing is that after starting BIAB you have to click once more in order to accept that BIAB is allowed to make changes on the computer. But it won't do that. Instead - you can work with Bandstand as you did before with Windows XP (in my case).

Hope I could help some of you with that. It had taken me days of trying and searching for these solutions.
By the way: Bandstand is no longer developed by Native Instruments. But important tips came from Native Instruments email support. Thanks to staff members there!

Greetings from germany

Ulrich