Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#807695 04/17/24 12:13 PM
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com/track/one-foot-in-heaven


One Foot in Heaven

Burned the candle at both ends
Burned up all the midnight oil
Here I stand
Soot on my hands
Nothing left to make my blood boil

CHORUS
Crazy times will go on forever
I was certain up until today
Dancing on the head of a needle
Got one foot in heaven
With hell to pay
One foot in heaven
With hell to pay

The highway of life has an exit
Marked with a bright dollar sign
Driving by feel
One hand on the wheel
Inching closer to the borderline
CHORUS

Whiskey train keeps a-rolling
To the station up at kingdom come
Keep filling my glass
Making time pass
Go for broke my one rule of thumb
CHORUS


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,958
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,958
Fred...beautiful song...very thought provoking lyrically...a sad song and a cello...you can't go wrong there...really nice vocal and a super acoustic guitar track...top-shelf for sure.


www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,209
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,209
Fred, cool song! Hell to pay indeed. Sounds great!


DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 20,943
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 20,943
Fred, loved the groove in this one.
Outstanding instrumentation - brilliant work.
Loved the vocal and lyrics.
This is an outstanding song.
Loved it!


I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 14,143
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 14,143
"The highway of life has an exit
Marked with a bright dollar sign
Driving by feel
One hand on the wheel
Inching closer to the borderline"

Great lines!

Well done in all aspects. The mix setup up a great soundstage on our monitors.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by firesong
Fred...beautiful song...very thought provoking lyrically...a sad song and a cello...you can't go wrong there...really nice vocal and a super acoustic guitar track...top-shelf for sure.

Thank you.


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 856
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 856
Great haunting sounds in this one Fred with introspective lyrics. It sure came out well. Would have loved to see the Biab tracks you used.

Brad

User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Great haunting sounds in this one Fred with introspective lyrics. It sure came out well. Would have loved to see the Biab tracks you used.

Brad

Thanks, Brad. I’ll post the tracks tomorrow.


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,735
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,735
Hi, Fred.

Nice and moody! Love the sound - vocals, backing tracking, all of it. Lots of cool things going on with the arrangement, and well sung.

Technically, a needle doesn't have a head; that would be a pin. wink


-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Fred, cool song! Hell to pay indeed. Sounds great!

Thanks, Ron.


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
"The highway of life has an exit
Marked with a bright dollar sign
Driving by feel
One hand on the wheel
Inching closer to the borderline"

Great lines!

Well done in all aspects. The mix setup up a great soundstage on our monitors.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks!


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by MarioD
Fred, loved the groove in this one.
Outstanding instrumentation - brilliant work.
Loved the vocal and lyrics.
This is an outstanding song.
Loved it!

Thanks, Mario


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Fred.

Nice and moody! Love the sound - vocals, backing tracking, all of it. Lots of cool things going on with the arrangement, and well sung.

Technically, a needle doesn't have a head; that would be a pin. wink
Thanks. As for pins and needles, I’m glad I renewed my poetic license…


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Great haunting sounds in this one Fred with introspective lyrics. It sure came out well. Would have loved to see the Biab tracks you used.

Brad

Here is what I used:
3121:Bass, Acoustic, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 085
3231:Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldHighDarin Ev16 090
2051:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 085
2719:Guitar, Nylon, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 120
1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,732
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,732
That's one heckuva good opening verse.

The song has an ethereal quality. The addition of the string instruments adds to the mood.

Memorable tune.

User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
That's one heckuva good opening verse.

The song has an ethereal quality. The addition of the string instruments adds to the mood.

Memorable tune.

Thanks. The first verse jumped out one morning as I awoke. Set the tone for the rest of the song.


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,770
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,770
Sad story sung with very emotional vocal. "Driving by feel/One hand on the wheel" effective image. The band sounds excellent, the cello especially works nicely with your voice, the background guitar and the percussion track add nice haunting effect.

Janne


Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
F
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
F
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by jannesan
Sad story sung with very emotional vocal. "Driving by feel/One hand on the wheel" effective image. The band sounds excellent, the cello especially works nicely with your voice, the background guitar and the percussion track add nice haunting effect.

Janne

Thanks, Janne.


Fred Grittner
2020 iMac, Sonoma, Logic Pro
https://52tracksblog.com
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com
User Showcase
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,360
Veteran
Offline
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,360
Hi Fred,

Love the song and it's dark lyrics. Your voice is very good.
Liked how you sing the chorus, delicious..., even for a highway to hell!
The cello is a very good choice for this song. Some wrote the word 'haunting', but sad is a better description I would say.

One question: on you site on BandCamp I saw the song is from febuary, 2010. Is this the same one or a remix?
Still, a good one!

Hans


Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,624
Expert
Offline
Expert
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,624
I love the dark mood you create with both the lyrics and the really good choice of instruments.
I think this is my new favorite song of yours.
Well done!


Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box


Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,818
Posts737,597
Members38,592
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi, JumpinJackP, xristos69
38,592 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
rsdean 113
dcuny 104
DC Ron 100
Noel96 81
Today's Birthdays
Sid
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5