Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#808640 04/28/24 05:59 AM
User Showcase
WaoBand Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
When I first created the chord structure for this instrumental my plan was to compose a sequel to my "Quan Yin", but while the idea worked it lacked any oomph, so I abandoned that plan and decided to use totally different instrumentation and make a solid rock track dedicated to my CGI/3D character, Zuzu, as my other favourites, Deya, Venus and Aya have all had titles named after them. Once I had a very solid rhythm section arranged with a total of 6 rhythm guitars in the mix by the time it plays through to the 3rd of 3 cycles I intended to use 3 completely different solo instruments, but just to see how the original 3 from the no-oomph original mix worked - tin whistle, tenor sax and dizi flute - I tried them and to my total surprise they worked perfectly, so I've left them in. Though I've also created a 2nd version with more traditional rock instrument solos and I'll likely post that in a couple of weeks.

Re the video, I've reused images featuring Zuzu from my "Agent o-oh-Oh-OH=wAo=!" and "Aurora V1: Night Turns Into Gold" instrumentals, though it starts with some never previously used ones.

1st & 2nd rhythm guitars: Jovian Divine Alt Rock Soloing ~ Mike Durham
Organ: Country Rock Guitar Solo, Pop Ba ~ Gene Rabbai
Enya & Sirius Warm Pads & Strings hybrid mix
Drums: Nashville Radio Power Bal Solo ~ Miles McPherson
Bass Guitar: Bricks Indie Rock w Guitar Solo ~ Tobin Frank
Tin Whistle: Tin Whistle Light Folk Pop ~ Geoffrey Kelly
Tenor Saxophone: Slow Country Pop w/ Tenor Solo ~ Mark Douthit
3rd rhythm guitar: Country Rock Guitar Solo, Pop Ba ~ Darin Favorite
4th rhythm guitar: Centaur Gtr Solo Hard Rock Bal ~ Darin Favorite
5th & 6th rhythm guitars: Nashville Radio Power Bal Solo ~ Danny Rader
Dizi Flute: Silk Smooth World Groove ~ Charlie Lui

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
WaoBand #808642 04/28/24 06:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Chay, I am really diggin' this word of magicial music you are creating. I don't understand how you are making the imags for your video, but there's no doubt it takes large amounts of creative effort. The changes are fun, and that sax solo was very well done. Sounds like the same guy also playing the tin whistle, or they at least learned to the same teacher. Very well crafted all around.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
BabuMusic #808649 04/28/24 07:26 AM
User Showcase
WaoBand Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Chay, I am really diggin' this word of magicial music you are creating. I don't understand how you are making the imags for your video, but there's no doubt it takes large amounts of creative effort. The changes are fun, and that sax solo was very well done. Sounds like the same guy also playing the tin whistle, or they at least learned to the same teacher. Very well crafted all around.

Thanks, Marty! Re the images, depending on the scene they can take anything from a few hours to well over a week to put together. One of the big difficulties is that when one is composing a scene there are no shadows and colours look different to when it's finally rendered, plus as all surfaces are virtual there are places where 2 surfaces fuse into each other, which can't be seen until a full scale render is made. The viewport I build in is actually quite tiny, while my full scale UHD renders are mostly 4000 x 2,500 pixels (10 million pixels total) and the rendering image is so big it doesn't even fit a large monitor, but that makes it easy to see discrepancies, so the renders are often stopped part way through so errors can be corrected and sometimes that can go on for hours. A really basic image can complete in just a few minutes, but the more details and textures there are can make a single render take oodles of hours. There are 2 different render engines I use and the record longest time for a render using the fastest one is 1 day 4 hours 24 minutes 45 seconds! The record for the other engine is way worse at 41 hours, but that didn't even complete as I had to switch my laptop off in case it overheated! I use 4,000 x 2,500 pixels as I print my best images, that ratio being 8:5 as it's the closest I can get to the golden ratio in even figures, so I don't often do 16:9 which is what YT prefers. In the above video the 1st cyberpunk Zuzu image is complete and was made for print, but the following cropped images were never finalised as they weren't for print, so in that 1st image the flower stands are gold, there are plants either side of the water fountain on the right, and the table is different to in the cropped images, plus the chair is shaded (coloured) differently. In the cropped images the stands are white and there are no plants either side of the water fountain. Like composing in BiaB it's really hard work, but it's a joy at the same time.

WaoBand #808656 04/28/24 08:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Chay,

You put together some incredibly epic music. Love the production on this piece.

Keep making this great music.

Bob

WaoBand #808682 04/28/24 12:15 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Chay, really appreciate the unique musical and virtual universe you've created. It's really not like anything else we're seeing/hearing around here, or maybe anywhere, and it's a blast. This is a real snappy tune with your usual expert instrument choices and mix. It sounds GREAT!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
WaoBand #808686 04/28/24 01:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow ... a dozen tracks yet it has an open airy feel (our favorite).
The sign of a good mix in our book.

Great use of the RT's and in particular the solos.
Sounds like a well honed studio group.

Enjoyed the vid also and your response to Marty on the contruction of it was very interesting.

Well done!

J&B

WaoBand #808792 04/29/24 04:15 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Chay, this sounds great.
That tin whistle sounds great as was the flute.
The sax was OK but I liked the others a lot better; just my opinion
Super backing band.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
rsdean #808880 04/30/24 11:29 AM
User Showcase
WaoBand Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted by rsdean
Chay,

You put together some incredibly epic music. Love the production on this piece.

Keep making this great music.

Bob

Thanks for that, Bob! I shall obey your command. laugh

DC Ron #808882 04/30/24 11:34 AM
User Showcase
WaoBand Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Chay, really appreciate the unique musical and virtual universe you've created. It's really not like anything else we're seeing/hearing around here, or maybe anywhere, and it's a blast. This is a real snappy tune with your usual expert instrument choices and mix. It sounds GREAT!

Thanks for listening and commenting, Ron! I'll try to stay original, but I always feel close to running out of ideas!

Janice & Bud #808884 04/30/24 11:39 AM
User Showcase
WaoBand Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Wow ... a dozen tracks yet it has an open airy feel (our favorite).
The sign of a good mix in our book.

Great use of the RT's and in particular the solos.
Sounds like a well honed studio group.

Enjoyed the vid also and your response to Marty on the contruction of it was very interesting.

Well done!

J&B

Thanks for the great response J&B! I only wish I had a band line-up like these session guys, then I could say "Don't do this, do that! Don't repeat that phrase, try something different." laugh But they's probably rebel and defect to you guys! laugh

MarioD #808886 04/30/24 11:44 AM
User Showcase
WaoBand Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted by MarioD
Chay, this sounds great.
That tin whistle sounds great as was the flute.
The sax was OK but I liked the others a lot better; just my opinion
Super backing band.

Thanks Mario, I agree. I particularly like that transition in the final 1/3 from dizi flute back to tin whistle as the latter gives it that needed boost to finalise the peice, plus it ends as it began.

WaoBand #808937 05/01/24 12:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Chay.

You have a great knack for creating excellent arrangements, fine mixes as first-class productions.
I thoroughly enjoyed the audio-visual journey you took me on.
As J&B have mentioned, you had such a lot of instruments to work with, but at no time did the arrangement sound cluttered.
That's an amazing accomplishment!

I really enjoyed your work 🤓
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
WaoBand #808945 05/01/24 01:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It takes a whole lot of processing to do those images. The melody really sounds ready for words.
I liked everything but the sax solo - it seemed out of place to my ears.
Cool stuff.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
WaoBand #808975 05/01/24 08:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A pleasant listen. Flows well.
Enjoyed.

fj

WaoBand #808996 05/01/24 11:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WaoBand

You have incorporated many sounds into this fine production that all seem to flow seamlessly together without interfering with each other! I especially like the use of the whistle and flute sounds! Nice video production!

Thanks, TB

WaoBand #809181 05/03/24 06:24 AM
User Showcase
WaoBand Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Many thanks, Noel, Ray, Floyd and Torrey for listening and for your positive comments. My next post will be the sequel, "Zuzu Two Too", which has the same rhythm section with only one channel swap in it, but with 3 much more rocky solo instruments used which make the whole piece sound very different. I'll be interested to know which version most prefer.

WaoBand #809185 05/03/24 06:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool piece of music!

The whistle and the flute are my favorite parts, along with the B3 of course wink

Nice job of the video too!

WaoBand #809232 05/03/24 05:06 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Nice instrumental, it's amazing what BIAB could do in the hands of someone like you.
I like the pan flute sound in the beginning and then the sax solo. Nice melody

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

WaoBand #809234 05/03/24 05:10 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, this is a really nice piece of thematic backing music. Nice mix.

I can almost hear it playing in some hit TV show from back in the day.

😂

WaoBand #809251 05/03/24 10:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi, Chay.

Pleasant listen, well mixed.

I assume you're using Poser for your renders?

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,751
Posts736,986
Members38,563
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
taylor davis, spec96, Nethan Paul, LesNewzealand, CCCreator
38,562 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185