Ok, so load your song.

Go to harmonies, I often use trumpet trombone in 3rds, good choice to start, I'm using Red River Valley here.

Generate the harmony and when you play it you hear and see both parts, actually by default the melody is
set to 127 (maximum loud) and the harmony to 127 in this case with a -15), you'll see that next.

Go to harmonies.....at the top and click for the drop down.
The 7th choice down is "Edit current harmonies file".
Choose that.

Note the first thing in the table is the melody. Uncheck the box and set the volume to zero not 127
Then leave the 2nd box checked (which is the 2nd voice on channel b), and change the -15 to 0. That makes the track play at maximum velocity. Note at this point you can go to the bottom and switch the bone to a trumpet if you want. By default the harmony is going to be not as loud as the melody thus the -15.

On the right side of the box make sure you click save.
When done click OK. If you want you can change the instrument on the bottom for example you have it saying trumpet then trombone you can pick whatever you want, say trumpet, or whatever is on the list.

Now when you play your piece you'll hear no melody, just harmony.

Now click on the leadsheet icon, bottom left note when you have the parts on your screen. .Once you have the leadsheet up, you click the OPT button. You can have the lead sheet show both melody and harmony, (right button where it says harmony), or Voice 1 (melody) or voice 2 (harmony). Fool around with that.

Print what you need, make sure if you are playing a bflat trumpet you have transposed in the practice box on the main screen, of course then there's Efer's (e flats) F horns, and C horns, and I even have 2 G horns. So Bob's yer uncle, you have a harmony you can practice, hear, read etc. Have fun...

Note, you can also get the lead sheet to show only the harmony and print that, just go to the lead sheet box and look on the right, trial and error.

John Conley
Musica est vita