You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#666014 - 07/28/21 09:51 AM [User Showcase] I've Got A New Life
Loc: United States
Ronnie Fields Offline
Apprentice

Loc: United States
This is one that serves two purposes, It's a testimony of what Jesus did for me, this year, and the church that I go to is called New Life Apostolic Tabernacle, so the name is fitting with the church.
Plus, it felt good to get the fingers limbered up on the lead guitar!!

I've Got A New Life

https://soundcloud.com/ronniefields/ive-got-a-new-life

Chorus:

I've got a new life since Jesus saved my soul,
I've got a new life since he cleansed and made me whole.
Satan is mad because he knows he cannot win,
since Jesus came and gave me new life again.

The devil thought he had me lying in that hospital bed,
he said, Man, I got you guess what, your dead.
But Jesus came in and said, this cannot be,
because you see old slew foot, he's coming back with me.

#666068 - 07/28/21 06:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Loved it Ronnie! Nice to hear you playing some guitar with some great licks! That organ in there also really gives the song that little bit extra! Thanks, Torrey

#666080 - 07/28/21 08:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
NigelSpiers Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
Hi Ronnie,

I like your new shuffle - very catchy.

Vocals - as previously mentioned, you could benefit from some effects to put your voice in the "same room" as the backing band. Specifically:

EQ - Roll off the bass.
Reverb - a good dollop.

Mix - all sounds fine but there is a huge spike at 32 seconds which needs to be removed.

Look forward to hearing a remix.

Best Regards
Nigel

#666093 - 07/29/21 12:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Enjoyed the song and the tasty guitar licks.

I agree with Nigel that the vocal could probably do with a bit of work to place it in the same space.

The term "slew foot" is a new one for me, so you made me learn something, too! wink

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#666194 - 07/29/21 01:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Gospel at its absolute best!

Great song! Super lyrics and backing tracks; you can't go wrong with a B3 and guitar!

Super chops man!

I agree about the vocals. In a song like this I would put a slap back delay on it to make it sound more like the singers of the 50s. YMMV

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#666856 - 08/03/21 02:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The Happy Goodman Family goes modern shuffle!

Nice gospel Ronnie and your performances on vocals and guitar really drive it.

Enjoyed it.

J&B

#667038 - 08/04/21 05:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Ronnie,

I enjoyed listening to your song a lot...great stuff! I have to agree with some of the other people commenting... your vocal sounds a bit like it is recorded in another room (which it of course is, but reverb and eq can help a lot with fixing that so we all get the feeling that you are in the same space/room as the band).

Anyway, I am looking forward to hear more from you!
Will

#667052 - 08/04/21 06:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Good one Ronnie. That rocker has soul.

https://youtu.be/JwblUfdbsEk

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#667064 - 08/04/21 09:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Ronnie,

This is a toe-tapping blues tune. Like the write a lot, particularly that “old slew foot” reference. The lead solo is slick. Production wise my only nit is the very beginning of the song, which dives right into the thick of it, without much introduction. But it’s just a nit. And, yes, the vocal could come forward, a bit more crystal—but the song has heart and resonates. Nicely done!

All my best to you,

Deej

#667213 - 08/05/21 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: I've Got A New Life [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Bawb Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Pretty nifty little tune you have there Ronnie!
It kinda has an old Ray Charles feel. Great song to wake up the church!

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 contient quelques 80 fonctionnalités inédites!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021® cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir : 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAKs 10 et 11, et bien plus encore!

Achat | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

VIDEO: Band-in-a-Box® Works Great in Windows®11!

Here's an introductory look at Band-in-a-Box® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34879 Members
66 Forums
70856 Topics
613455 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Best grade, John Norgaard, it1776, Zoviet, ECS

34878 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178