Quote:

In my experience, the best way to add bass and drums is to lay those lines down first and then record the other against them. That way, there will be no timing issues. It might turn out that it's a whole heap easier simply to lay down a chord progression, solo the bass and drums, and then record your guitar playing and singing on top of this.

That has been my experience as well. Use BIAB to create the basic tracks first. I normally create my songs while playing my acoustic guitar. Once I get a cohesive chord progression for the various parts (verse, chorus, etc..) and a melody going (lyrics seem to always come last), I'll then input the tempo, time signature, chords, etc. into BIAB and play with various styles until I get something I like. Typically, once I get the arrangement the way I like it, I will drag & drop the tracks (using the DAW plug-in feature) into one of my preferred DAW's (either SONAR or REAPER) and record my extra bits there (acoustic guitar, vocals, etc). All subsequent recording, arranging, mixing , FX plug-in processing & exporting takes place in my preferred DAW's, at this point.

Cheers,

Billy Buck