Hi Daniel,

Good to see you with another post! Right at this very minute, I'm listening to "Floating Downstream"! That's a mighty clever computer that you have there!

I've got to say that you've assembled these Realtracks VERY, VERY tastefully.

My experience is that the creative process can take many forms. I'm really impressed with the way that you've taken the Realtrack solo and used it to piece together a Realtrack melody that clearly has your stamp on it! What I'm hearing goes beyond a simple computer generated solo. My ears tell me that you've spent a great deal of time on this opus as such a professional sound does not happen by accident. Brilliant stuff.

You shouldn't be giving your laptop credit for writing these songs What I hear is someone who has definite musical talent and who has made a whole bunch of musical decisions to arrive at an excellent final result. If these songs were simply "enter chords, select instruments, hit play", then your computer definitely deserves the credit. I don't hear that in "Floating Downstream", though. I hear a melody that's been selectively, creatively and skillfully assembled; in my book it rates as a composition. The backing is also very impressive and, to my ears, sounds meticulously mixed and arranged. Very nice work. The way I'm seeing "Floating Downstream" is that while PG Music has given you the eggs, sugar and flour, you're the one who has made the cake

All the best,
Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 01/22/11 12:14 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024