You may need to utilize the re-channel midi data feature in RB when dealing with generating midi parts. I believe they assign channel 0 by default?

Edit (top of RB)-(Then select)Re-channel Midi data and select the start/end measure numbers so the channel data is entered at the beginning of your song. It may be from/thru, I don't have RB open at the moment. (Make sure you have a midi track selected/hi-lited first).

You assign each DXi/VST(i) at the beginning of EACH track in RB as well. There should be a little arrow in the first box to assign your instrument and FX chain for that track. Click the arrow and a box should pop up to assign those things there.

You can assign a separate DXi/VSTi for each track in RB. You can only assign a single one in Biab.

Once you have messed with how RB sets up each instrument and fx a few times, it begins to make sense, lol.

Some people get thrown with midi channel #'s vs track #'s as well. I always re-channel each midi track so I don't have two instruments playing on the same channel etc . . .

Trax

Last edited by Muzic Trax; 02/07/11 07:47 PM.