If you can add the guitar you want in PT, you can record the synth parts in PT too!
Since it's a guitar effect I won't go into detail, but by turning all effects off, plugging the synth into the Line Level inputs you could record it the same way.
There may be a switch for changing the inputs from guitar level (very small) to line level (very large comparitively). You'll want to be careful here so not to hurt ant components. Turn the keyboard down and bring up slowly if in doubt.

**Consult the manual for hooking up line level signals, it should be mentioned in there. There are many versions of PODs. Some probably have the line level inputs on rear, some may have a switch; too many to check without knowing the model.

But yes, you could do it your way and lose the fidelity of the mp3 conversion. I'd try the above first. Also, the hum could be the computer soundcard from the power source pcking up hum. Try it for a few minutes on battery and see if the hum disappears. If so, a ground hum elimination device would work (raydio shark), or simply lifting the ground on the power plug by using a two prong adapter while recording.
Not sure if there is any risk to that aspect. Offer not valid in every state. see disclaimer for details.
<really_small_print_disclaimer> ...</really_small_print_dislaimer>

Last edited by rharv; 03/15/11 07:36 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome