Quote:

You are under some misapprehensions you need to correct in order to use BiaB without confusion. A Realtrack is an audio construction; it doesn't involve MIDI in any way whatever, unless it uses secret controllers that users never know about. If you insist on thinking of Realtracks as "MIDI", you are bound for bewilderment sooner or later.

Above all, the sophisticated loop-slicing, recombining, and time-stretching audio technologies of Realtracks are not basic procedures. There's no reason to expect to see them ever used this way in a less-specialized program.

Greetings: Quick question about the RealTracks / MIDI comment above.

So if real tracks are not MIDI, then I assume you cannot write out a specific MIDI or Notation part, and have it played by RealTracks audio sound? For example, if I wanted to write out a custom bass part - or even just a specific 4 bar bass intro - with the exact bass part written out - then have it played by a RealTrack bass - I guess that is not possible?

How do you write out a specific part (played back with high quality audio) , and merge that section into a BIAB song intro or ending - maybe still using RealTrack bass for the chorus section? Do you have to use VST instruments on seperate MIDI track? I prefer not to use RealBand - since most of the live gig works well with BIAB, then must switch to RealBand for just a few arranged songs.

thanks,