IMHO pre-programmed vibrato, whether it is on a RT or a MIDI Track is inappropriate for most circumstances. In fact, if possible, I turn the vibrato off of all my synth patches and prefer to add the vibrato myself. Most synths come with an editor that allow you do do that.

When I use vibrato, I use the vibrato on a note the way I feel that individual note needs it, in the context of not only the song, but exactly where that note falls in the song and also where in the particular musical phrase that particular note falls.

As a broad example, a whole note in the beginning of a 8 bar phrase would seldom get the same vibrato as a whole note at the end of the phrase.

For me the difference between empty notes and music is mostly found in the minute nuances (God is in the detail or the devil is in the details - whichever you prefer). Little subtle things like vibrato, minute timing differences, dynamics, ornamentation and all the other little things that you do to each note in the context of where in the musical passage that particular note falls make a huge difference in the emotional impact of the music on the listener.

These are the things I consciously work on when practicing, so that when I am performing in front of an audience or a recording machine they come from me naturally without my conscious thought.

They are also some of the things I can do to the music after exporting to MIDI and importing into a sequencer that can turn the good output of BiaB into something truly excellent.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks