Quote:

I render my BIAB songs to WAV files, then export them to MP3s via Audacity at 224 bps...
I play them back thru Windows Media Player and they sound really good..
Burn the MP3s to a cd and use a SONY DVD player connected via audio out to a Mackie mixer/BBE/JBL eons...
But the tracks don't sound any where near as good as they do thru WMP...
Am I missing something here, or just doing it wrong?

“... DVD player connected via audio out to a Mackie mixer/BBE/JBL eons...”

Is this your actual signal chain? Are you using an aux send on the Mackie to send the signal to the BBE? You might try running the output of the DVD player directly into the BBE, then to two input channels on the Mackie. WAV's stand up much better to BBE processing than do MP3's.

Anything you mix on home stereo amp/speakers is going to sound DRASTICALLY different through a PA. You probably already know that. Have you tried mixing through your PA?

We use three systems at a gig in case one of them goes down.. First, WAV's played on a Tascam pro CD player into a Soundcraft mixer, second; WAV's on an Ipod, third; WAV's on a laptop. The laptop and Ipod both also have the MP3's of all our stuff, but you really can hear the difference between WAV's and MP3's at 100 dB through a PA. As others have said, I would avoid using MP3's if possible.

Hope this helps.