Quote:

Quote:

None of that happens anymore. Kids take lessons and learn songs, not music. That is sad.

As usual, blanket statements are usually inaccurate -- and this one is inaccurate.

Not totally.

I know a few “guitar instructors” around who teach just songs. Also some kid’s parents expect them to learn songs! I’ve had a couple of parents get upset at me because after a couple of months of lessons they were not playing “Stairway to Heaven”, i.e. I teach them to read music followed by theory. They always say “but my friends kid takes lessons from ‘instructor x’ and he’s playing songs already and he’s only been taking a few months.”

Fortunately for me about 95% of the kids I teach have parents who understand the importance of learning to read music. The other 5% don’t stay around long because my teaching philosophy is my way or the highway.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware