Local music store.

100 E-lectrical guitars on a wall, very impressive.

Right in the middle is an index card on which is typed...

NO STAIRWAY

I LMAO. Guy in the store said it was from some movie.

2 guys play at the cancer clinic. They have machines A to N numbered that do radiation. I was in F, 35 times. In the huge hall on the main floor is an atrium. On the 2nd floor are 5 doctor clinics with 5 docs each, and the big chemo room with about 100 people in there.

2 guys come in, one with an upright bass the other with an electric guitar. Both are almost 80. The electric guitar looks like he's had it since they were invented all beat up. They have a small amp. American songbook stuff, 1 verse with melody somewhere, the other 2 or 3 or how many they decide by a nod. Bass Solos. Every guitar move known to man in a classy style. You could listen all day.

I talked to them. They knew Oliver Gannon, and the bassist told me Neil Swainson was playing a gig in Toronto. They play on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 hours each day. 3 floor atrium makes for a great reverb, but it's laid back.

You don't get cash just get to play. I played on Mondays, but now I go every 6 weeks and I ask for Tuesday appointments at 2 o'clock so they are there. I feel better then.

John Conley
Musica est vita