"Let the debates rage on. Over in the guitar forums a lot of guys are still hung up on tube vs. solid state, rosewood vs. maple necks, round wound vs flat wound strings, scale lengths, neck radii, body finish....it goes on and on and on. Stay off that train and just find what gives you joy."

This is funny. I spent the better part of last year on these same forums... to where my head was spinning... I must have spent 3 weeks of my life learning about tone woods... Brazilian rosewood (dalbergia), Cocoloba, Honduran Mahogany... Paul's Private Stock, tightness of the grain... There was one guy that said that 2 guitars being exactly the same with the same strings and pickups could tell the difference between them on whether the top was flamed maple or quilted maple.... something about flamed maple was more linear and the quilted maple gave a more open airy sound... !!

It was the same thing with amps and effects...

So I went down that whole road and thankfully came out pretty unscathed... I ended up getting something that I liked and so far its working out well...

I do believe that with the internet a lot more information is readily available to Joe consumer (obviously) which is a good thing... it helps the consumer make an educated decision on purchases... One just needs to be able to cut through the BS of which there is a lot.. and stay focused...