Well wondered about the Behringers, but like someone said they do get some poor reviews.

Going back to the 2.1 idea, I listened to some Aego M's last night - these generally get rave reviews. BUT I found the mid-range very poor. It may not have been a great trial, because it wasnt on my system so I dont know the sound card, or even the sound source - mostly MP3s I tink with a decent bit rate. Generally the sound quality is good, volume is plenty, but I found vocals, esp spoken vocals very lacking.

With this set up the sub was set in the corner of the room, which apparantly is the way to do it. but maybe this doesnt help for vocals.

Io come back to the point I made before - on the Aego system you hear almost no vocal elements on the sub, which leaves the satellite trying to cope with the majority of the vocals - and not surprisingly it sounds (to me) very shallow.

I realise it isnt all about voice, but I've always found that's the best test for a speaker.

Tannoy reveals - yes I wondered bout those too - but again I'm advised I dont want a near field set up for my purposes. Take the point about the amp quality too