Hmm. In fact I seem to want to create a song from existing style(s) and not create a new style .

My intention is to define several parts (= different chord sequences, not different styles) and (when being played) have them arranged in a sequence. To me this seems like an extremely common way to create songs. I hoped for the BIAB styles to somehow auto-adapt to this underlying song structure. In fact they perfectly do auto-adapt to the count of bars defined for a phrase.

I would not mind if the style would not automatic change it's sub-styles, as I suppose I can make BIAB switch (sub-)styles at defined bars.

Maybe my way to look at this is wrong and I better should take a deeper look at the way repetitions can be defined, but to me the way this is done (with BIAB 2007) is rather cryptic and I am not able to handle it except for rather trivial structures.

Do you suggest to create a new style for each new song ? I suppose that would prevent me from changing the style(s) of a (yet unfinished) song.

Actually I did not yet dare to dive into style editing.

Thanks,
-Michael

Last edited by Michael Schnell; 05/07/11 03:04 PM.