Just curious. Several folks have mentioned M-audio fast-track. Anyone using the usb Focusrite audio midi interface. Would like to be able to use new Ketron so midi is a must, especially if I end up with Windows 7 64 bit and lose the VSC dxi option. I realize that most sound card forums are frequented by those having problems. I myself have posted several times here for the same. M-audio forums seem to have numerous pop and click posts. In fact this seems to be the case with a lot of the usb cards forums out there. On my XP pro desktops I use PCI Echo products and have never had a problem. No clicks ,pops, cut outs etc
Maybe the world of laptops is a different animal. The Focusrite seem to get pretty favorable reviews on most websites. Trying to get as much info before purchase to prevent posting here with multiple BIAB, Windows7 64bit, USB soundcard problems. Have a small home studio and wanted the laptop for easier mobility and future gigging. Some of you have already suggested some brands that work well for you. Any other laptop users who care to share their laptop/soundcard set-up? Thanks for your replies
Andy