No, I don't think they're too rocky at all, Ade.

BIAB and BIAB users come in all shades and that's a good thing. Ok, the software's styles are more weighted in the direction of older styles of jazz reflecting the background of the progenitors of BIAB, and Country gets the second largest look-in. But rock and blues are catered for as well (some more rock/pop styles are always welcome...)

When I use BIAB to provide say, keyboard parts for my songs I often audition lots of styles alien to the particular genre of my song as quite often I find something that fits just nicely. For example, even a 'Worship' MIDI piano part, maybe edited a tad, maybe not, can be just the thing for a piano part in a rock ballad. (I once heard Elton John explaining some of his writing techniques and he said that sometimes if he was stuck he'd play some chords from hymns to give him another angle to go forward with.)

I like to check out all the contributions here and really enjoy well-made and original tracks of all kinds even if the particular style isn't my thing. This is also a place to share knowhow on recording, lyric writing, arranging, etc. and I like to think I give constructive feedback on these areas. This is sometimes a difficult one of course, as on rare occasions constructive criticism isn't all that welcome when someone might wrongly interpret a polite, helpful comment as a barb. That's rare though, and besides, I think it would be disingenuous of me to give full blown praise and not mention when there is an aspect of a track preventing it from being significantly better. Also, I always try to bear in mind that people can be at various stages of learning the black arts of home recording between newbie and expert, and different sorts of comment are appropriate.

I also find it extremely helpful to have another set of ears check out my own efforts in case it illuminates something that can be improved but which I'd overlooked because I was right up close to the painting at the time!

After all that - feel free to rock on to your heart's content! If you check out my songs you'll find a mixture of the mellow and not so mellow.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4