Quote:

...I closed BIAB, booted Sonar,...

So, what does this mean? Just a typo or were you trying to record in Biab? Different protocol for Biab.

Also regardless of what you think, never ever put Biab and RB together and think they're either the same program or first cousins even. They are not. Think of RB like it's Reaper or something else. Just because they grafted some Biab functions into Power Tracks does not make it Biab. When Mercedes bought Chrysler a few years ago did that suddenly make all Chryslers Benz's? Of course not.

Also, even though I understand your feelings perfectly you should post with a bit more humility. Just sayin. When you read these forums and nobody is having this kind of problem, just you, what does that tell you? I've been recording both audio and midi for years and years first with Power Tracks and now RB. There's no problem with the program buddy. Simple as that. You may know computers but you don't know DAW's and/or your M-Audio interface. You may have figured out Sonar but like Mac said every DAW is completely different with their configurations and they all use their own language for it too. Just the way it is.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.