Quote:

You are certainly welcome to your opinion Wayne, but the facts are simple RB is a product that came from a melding of Powertracks and BiaB. RB has everything Powertracks has with one exception, the TC harmonizer is not built into it. That was due from my understanding a licensing issue. But you can access it thru either PTPA or BiaB.

I have both, and have had Powertracks since version 10. It is virtually the same program as RB, just that RB does a whole lot more with the BiaB features added in. RB allows direct opening of BiaB files, and will generate RTs. PT does not do that. If you open the same files that you open in PT in RB it would act the same.

RB is certainly more feature rich, and that is why it is a bit more heavy. PT is a lighter weight program, because the BiaB features were not added, allowing people who do not use BiaB to have a lean DAW for basic tracking.

Rb was designed and built to allow BiaB users to take their creations to the next level.

Rb is not considered on the level of programs like Sonar, Cubase, and even Reaper due to that fact it does not have some of the very deep features those have, it is more basic, of course none of them can generate a realtrack. A couple things RB does not have that these bigger names have is Node based automation, tempo locking of VSTis, and things like Lanes, or takes. Interesting thing is PTPA does not have them either. The reason is that PT is RB, they come from the same coding.

Actually PTPA will not do anything that Rb does, but RB does a lot PTPA can't.

I have the TC harmonizer but I had to buy powertracks to get it, just wondering does the TC come with realband now or you still have to buy powertracks?

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile