That's some story Eddie. It's funny when guys like us get to be our age now, things other people say sometimes make us think of things we haven't thought about for a lifetime. You and I are just about the same age. That's a big deal to me. Most people I know are either much older or much younger.
Since we made it this far and I'm not saying we're very old, but most of my friends have past away quite a few years ago, we remember things that happened to us so long ago, it's amazing we can recall them with such detail.
If I had to write a book about my life, I'd be stumped, but talking to people, the things they say make me remember things I haven't thought about in 40 years.
Your story about going up that hill with a wrecker made me remember that when I was in my 20s I was a Police Tow Truck Driver in NY City. Lots of stories from that, but not now and not here.
My point is that I haven't thought about that since 1973.
And I think maybe my hill story made you think of your Vietnam Hill Story.
I do wonder how some of us make it this far. I never thought I'd make it past 40. My father died when I was 8 and he was 40. I thought he was old. Now I'm just about 20 years older than he was.
He seemed like such a mature man then. When I think of who I was and what I was doing 20 years ago, I think of myself as being a kid. The fact is, I could have a kid that would be 40 years old now if I had one in my late teens.
My wife is in England now visiting her Daughter and grandsons. She's 39 and her huband turned 40 a couple of days ago. They seem so young.
I never got it when everyone said my father was so young, when he died. Now I do. He missed a lot of living.
Life is strange. You have a good night Buddy, Wayne,

Last edited by redguitars; 08/04/11 07:48 PM.