If this applies to owners of instruments who have to have documentation of the woods used on their guitars, how?
How long ago was this ebony wood protected? I own two 12 string guitars, one is 36 years old and the other is 35.
They both have Ebony fingerboards and one has an Ebony Bridge. I dont recall the use of Ebony being a problem.
I knew about the rosewood. Of course I'm not leaving the country with my guitars but I did buy these guitars new and I still have the User Guides and Brochures and none of them say where the wood came from. It was many years until I found out that Sitka Spruce was Alaska.
There nothing provided with my instuments as to what country the fingerboard woods came from.

I had a 1968 Gibson Les Paul that had an Ebony fingerboard. Was that not legal then and there was nothing that came with the guitar that stated where the fingerboard wood was from.

How can I or anybody document these instruments? These are not 1920s vintage. These guitars were all bought new in my lifetime by me.

I'm stumped.

Wayne,