Bob,

Quote:

Whether or not all these laws are proper or not or whether there's too much government in our lives and I completely agree there is, is besides the point here.

I disagree. That's exactly the point here, ... at least for me.

There has to be a breaking point where people say "enough is enough"! Change in the oval office would help, ... but it's not a fix. The occupent can change every four years. There needs to be a change that doesn't rely on who's in office.

The only way to do that is change the law. Pointing out a stupid law and refusing to support it is a good start to doing that, but getting a law changed is another thing entirely. Shucks, ...... it takes an act of Congress! It's a lot easier to put a law on the books than it is to take it off, (because that means they have to admit they were wrong in the first place for passing it).

The Feds, state and local officials all make decisions every day about which laws they are going to enforce. If they know they'll lose their jobs or have the public turn on them for enforcing a particular law, they don't enforce it.