(Okay, … I’m on a rant, …but it’s against government intrusion in our lives).

Bob,

I’m surprised that you’re willing to support a law just because it’s on the books. (Sorry, ... but if a law is stupid, ...everyone should disobey it just out of principle. I'm not a "rule of law" kinda guy.) If enough people contacted their representatives about it, …… the case would “magically” go away. (Once again, ... selective enforcement). I couldn’t possibly care less about whether Gibson is guilty or not. That was never my point. It is whether the Feds should be devoting resources to prosecute Gibson for violating India's laws, ... whenever India thinks of Gibson as a good customer. It's a political agenda by the Obama administration. Not a worthwhile use of federal resources.

Even a jury doesn't have to rule according to the law in their decisions, even if they know the defendant is guilty of the charges. (Selective enforcement again.)

Civil disobedience is another founding principle of this country. The Boston Tea Party was illegal as it gets, but it sparked a movement that changed a nation. (Disclaimer: No, …… I’m not a member of the Tea Party). It was another case of people not supporting a law because they knew it was wrong.

It’s not enough to ask what’s legal, … but to ask what is right.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 08/26/11 11:38 PM.