Well, I will attempt to stay out of the political fray, but I hope that Gibson is keeping track of serial numbers during this time of defiance. Reason: I'm hoping that I can purchase a 'defiance' model sometime in the future - in show of support.

I'm also proud to say that Mr. Juskiewicz (sp?) hails from my alma mater, General Motors Institute. I wish he had given me a job back about 10 years ago when I chatted with his administrative assistant while trying to get an audience with him. Either he is an extremely level headed guy, or a great actor.

I have a made in China SX bass guitar with a rosewood fingerboard for which I paid a grand total of 150 bucks or so, shipped to my door, in a gig bag and properly packed for shipment.

I've crowed here and there about how great of a deal it was.

You can be darned sure that nobody is raiding SX over in China about the rosewood fretboards on all of their guitars!

Just plain crazy!

This will end up in the Supreme Court, nearly certain of that. But then again, what about the raid from 2 years ago for which there are still no charges and inventoried wood held in hostage?

Do we think there will be any recompense to Gibson for lost income? No way. And who would pay anyways?

There is some untold story underneath all of this and I don't mean some right wing / left wing thing. It's too singular for that.

Smells like someone is calling in a favor for someone else for something shady. I doubt that will ever see the the light of day.

For those of you thinking it's this guy's politics; here's some of the charitable organizations that he is involved in. Please read the ENTIRE list, all the way to the bottom.

Following text pulled from CNBC at this location: http://www.cnbc.com/id/22402401

"Juszkiewicz is a committed supporter of The Rainforest Alliance and conservation. A member of the Society of International Business Fellows and others, Juszkiewicz continues his commitment to a better world through his active participation in organizations such as Nordoff-Robbins, which provides music therapy for severely handicapped children, to the T.J. Martell Fund for Leukemia Research, The Hope Foundation, The Environmental Defense Fund, Teenage Cancer Trust and leads numerous philanthropic endeavors under the Gibson Foundation banner. He is a board member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, a board member of the Beale Street Blues Company, Inc., a board member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and Executive Vice President of the Guitar and Accessories Marketing Association. He is a co-founder of Music Rising, a campaign to help aid musicians of the Gulf Coast and is active in the Clinton Global Initiative. He is the recipient of numerous awards, honors and extensive media coverage."

Mr. Juskiewicz talks about in the interview that he's not about Republicans vs. Democrats, but he's about doing what's right for America. Study the list. His support of both right and left leaning organizations bear witness to his claims. Check out who his co-founders are for Music Rising. Read what the Clinton Global Initiative is all about.

The questions we all have to ask ourselves are along these lines: Do we want to see Gibson around for the future? What are we going to do about it in addition to letting others know about it online?

I've never bought a Gibson. To be honest I can't get on with tune-o-matic bridges too well; at least the little bit that I've tried. But I want to see this icon of the American music industry live on. I don't want to be party to seeing it disappear over these recent guilty-until-proven-innocent raids.

But I can write some letters and make some calls. Hit me up on my website for my e-mail if you want to see the letter I just wrote to my former senator, Carl Levin. That way, it doesn't bog down the PG bulletin board with private messages. I'd write to my current senators, but they don't carry the weight that guys like Levin do.

Let's get over who is in the Oval Office and help save Gibson if possible. If this goes on too long, it might be over for them.

-Scott