Quote:

I have them on speed dial, (seriously).

You have telephones where you live? You put it in right after the indoor plumbing?

How many other offensive stereotypes about West Virginia can I come up with? Let's put 20 seconds on the clock please....

I will never forget the first time I was driving through WV heading to Florida (usually I fly) and saw signs that were spaced out along 77 that read

When you travel

In our state

Buckle up

And don't temp fate

And my first thought was "I wonder if EVERYBODY who drives past those signs gets the play that it is a takeoff on Burma Shave signs from years gone by?" AND, I also wondered how many people are just DYING to put up that 5th sign that SAYS "Burma Shave"?

Now I drove down that way in late winter to go to the Monongahela National Forest but I didn't see those signs anymore. That is some beautiful country right through there. Took my dog down at the end of winter when we had the place to ourselves and let her sniff her little heart out tracking deer. Caught a nice crisp 40-ish degree day with bright sunshine and did a lot of walking and enjoying nature.

And the next day coming home it rained like it was never going to stop.

How does it all relate to the thread? Don't we have trees in the US to make guitars from? One luthier here in town goes to North Carolina somewhere to buy a tree every other year or so with an eye on 10 years into the future when that tree will be ready to use. I know we don't grow those exotic hardwoods, but man, if they are going to cause problems let's find American solutions.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.